Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Apr 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #91 of 2,508
Okay I have some impressions now between the RTi1 and The Tralucent 1plus2

Lemme get one thing outta the way, these 2 are different in sound signature..in concept..basically in everything...and for the life of me cant say which is better cos they are 2 different. Take this with a pinch of salt but this is what I think:

BASS: 1plus2 wins. Was there any doubt? by far the RTi1 biggest weaknesses. Both reaches way down in the low sub basses but 1plus2 wins in quantity, quality and slam.

MIDS: RTi1 wins.  RTi1 was more lush, more intimate, more detailed and to me sounded closer. The 1Plus2 presents mids a step back and a lil more distant. Both showed good prowess with voices, male and female BUT RTi1 takes voices in another level. Probably the best IEM for voices.

TREBLE: Draw. The RTi1's treble energy can be at times be hot for my ears BUT most of the time it is stable and gives out immense details. The 1plus2  never sounded sibilant to me and its treble does gives out great detail but never to the level of the RTi1.

SOUNDSTAGE:  1plus2 wins. Both has the same width or spatiality but the 1plus2 has the depth Ive been yearning for.

Instrument Separation. RTi1 wins. This iem is on a league of its own in this category. The pinpoint accuracy instruments are scary. 

SUMMARY:

RTi1 :Natural (with hint of warmth), good bass, great mids, great treble which gives out class leading details and instrument separation. Great with classical, acoustics and vocals.
Analytical and Details MONSTERS!!!! 

1plus2: Neutral with great quality bass, good mids and great treble which made for the owner to enjoy the music rather than dissect it. To me, has about the same sound signature as the NAD VISO HP50. So uncanny the similarities. It is touted to sound like floor speakers same as the NAD. Great with jazz, live music and POP.
Very Fun and easy to listen to.

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #93 of 2,508
Thanks taz, it is what it is. Been listening to both, on the same same songs, for the past 2 days and there is always been a case where, e.g I play my tracks with with the 1plus2 and thought the RTi1 sounds better and vice versa. Funny that..But I can confidently say that both cant play EDM to the levels of the SD-3. For EDM, the SD-3 is godly. So scary the difference. 

BUT, I have to tell you guys, the 1plus2 is more friendlier to listen to cover all types of music. Just the way each is tuned I guess.

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #94 of 2,508
Just placed an order for the new RD3 iem. Very excited to get it in a few weeks and to see how they sound!

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #97 of 2,508
yea. I hopped on that train. So i'll be posting some thoughts. I should have them in about 2 weeks or so according to Sammy.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #98 of 2,508
A new review about Ref. Titanium One!!

Fast but effective review on Ref. Titanium One de Rhapsodio

( It is about the demo version sent by Sammy, Thank you!)

From the first listening, what struck me, this are the mids: very present and the voices are placed as I like on the soundstage, that is wide and natural! 

Introduction: the pleasure of listening by sound aspect

Moreover the soundstage is very coherent on most of the listened tracks:
T. Rex, Metal Guru: the singer in front of us, the drums on the right, the electric guitar forwards left, violins in front right. All is very coherent and very musical.
The voice of Marc Bolan sounds marvelously.

To speak to you bass, I chose the piece " Kugutsu Uta 3 " of Kenji Kawai. This piece requires good basses and an excellent sound stage. Ref1 answers positive in the test!
Every blow of percussions in the bottom of the spectre sounds really good without hiding mediums or treble. The basses are precise, fast and hard-hitting but they are lacking impact compared with Roxanne or to the Mentor.

Instruments separation: listening "Fear Will Find You" of Hans Zimmer played by "London Music Works", every instrument plays its good partition it’s placed, no instrument hides an other one from it, it is another real pleasure: we can visualize every musician.

Left 2: in detail:

RefTi1 deliver a precise sound with a big dynamism, we have no difficulties to perceive the small sounds of some pieces of " Carbon Based has LifeForm " for example. 

The sound is rather dry than round but very fluid. He is none works or hollow frequency, each party of the specter is magnificently represented with a special grade for treble and mediums. The basses could be a little more marked "in my opinion", but is it possible for the manufacturers) when there is a single dynamic driver?
The basses ring very well and can be very deep on conditions to have a good equipement. In case of fast and dry basses, RefTiOne retranscribes very well this part of the spectre. But I think that the everything is lacking impact, it is certainly to protect what is going to follow.

Mediums! They sounds very well, neither too much forward, not too much behind. The voices are clear and sound very well in my ears. This one of the best thing I have heard!

Treble! Any sibilance, cymbals are decently without ever drilling eardrums. The "S" of the singer sounds  as S.
Timbre  is also very good, the voices, the vibrations of guitars, etc.... We get closer more and more to the reality.

Wich leads me on to say that Titan are neutral but very musical, me not me boredom not in their listening. 

The soundstage: very realistic and coherent, all the instruments are very well placed on the scene. You can find a different soundstage with Togo!334! ou In ear Stage  for example but I prefer the soundstage “right in my face” of RefTi 1. The soundstage of Ti-One is much more natural and I like that!  

In conclusion :
In the past I had TOGO! 334, mini Rdb V1 and Heir Audio 5.0 among other IEm, I would say that, in comparison, Ref1Ti is lacking bass impact. It is in my opinion the only point to be improved! On the condition of keeping the other aspects which are excellent if you like the signature of these IEM. What more can we say? Not much to part: but how do they make to retranscribe a sound so rich and extensive with a single Dynamic Driver?
Probably One of the best IEM at 1000$ in the world (and the 6N Occ Nylon cable are perfect!)
One last thing: A Pelican Box is better for IEM at 1000$

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #99 of 2,508
Nice, Lucius!
I still continue to be impressed and surprised by the RTi1 everyday, so I'm sure it's not due to new toy syndrome.

A new review about Ref. Titanium One!!

Fast but effective review on Ref. Titanium One de Rhapsodio

In conclusion :

In the past I have TOGO! 334, mini Rdb V1 and Heir Audio 5.0 among other IEm, I would say that, in comparison, Ref1Ti is lacking bass impact. It is in my opinion the only point to be improved! On the condition of keeping the other aspects which are excellent if you like the signature of these IEM. What more can we say? Not much to part: but how do they make to retranscribe a sound so rich and vast with a single Dynamic Driver?

Probably One of the best IEM at 1000$ in the world (and the 6N Occ Nylon cable are perfect!)

One last thing: A Pelican Box is better for IEM at 1000$

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #101 of 2,508
Funny that.. Almost all of the reviews identified the pros and cons to the Tee.. And we all agree too that the RTi1 is one fine sounding iems..

Owh an update for all, my nylon occ's right channel went defective and guess what? Sammy offered to replace the nylon occ with rhapsodio's flagship cable the silver/gold at a min fee.. Now i will post my impressions about this pairing as soon as i get it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back