RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology.
May 16, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #91 of 286
  No mystery product I could see - it was RHA T20 IEMs.

Well there will be one launched according to RHA and it will be in a category there are not yet in. So keep your eyes peeled, maybe it's still to come. They said IEMs (T20) and an additional mystery product...

Did you ask them for a demo of the mystery product at their stand/booth?

Cheers,
K

May 16, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #92 of 286

Well there will be one launched according to RHA and it will be in a category there are not yet in. So keep your eyes peeled, maybe it's still to come. They said IEMs (T20) and an additional mystery product...

Did you ask them for a demo of the mystery product at their stand/booth?

Cheers,
K

No, I had toooooo much in my plate already - it never goes to "wish timetable", missed F, missed K, missed R, missed S, missed.... - I do not want to go trough my wish list as of now.

No way you can see it all in one day - it is the biggest show on the planet, with one odd Fang Bian in one corner, 10 meter across another odd David Chesky, add couple more metres odd X, odd Y - and so on. 

But it was only Friday that I could attend.
frown.gif

May 16, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #93 of 286
  I just returned from Munich by a night train - and all I can say to those attending the show : try the RHA 20 at all cost.

RHA T20 is more than worth auditioning - I did get to hear it using my own master DSD recordings from my own source - and I liked it better than Sennheiser ie-800 .
I'm simply too tired at the moment for nitpicking ( I go to sleep during the day for 5 hours, then an important recording is awaiting me) - but unless you absolutely got to have treble more in advance than anything I ever heard (Staxes, Audezes, HiFiMan HE-1000s , Orpheuses ) - RHA T20 has "enough" . Where it clearly bested the ie-800 is soundstage - much less "in the head" sound. Its tuning for bass (tested at the show ) is really well chosen - should you happen to lean towards bass heavy side.

Regardless the extreme dynamic range of some of my recordings, RHA 20 never lost composure. Senn ie-800 might/may be even better in this department - yet the new RHA T20 never ceases to amaze. Specially at the cost - for Europe, the price at the projected release end June - more realistically first half of July -  will be EUR 229.  

Not only not bad for the price - not bad at all.

( Since I am very busy over this weekend, please no further questions - I merely covered what matters most - the sound )

EDITED - the correct product name - RHA T20

Sounds really promising :) Just waiting for someone to pit them against the Fidue A83 then I'll be grabbing one of the two 

May 16, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #98 of 286
  I just returned from Munich by a night train - and all I can say to those attending the show : try the RHA 20 at all cost.

RHA T20 is more than worth auditioning - I did get to hear it using my own master DSD recordings from my own source - and I liked it better than Sennheiser ie-800 .
I'm simply too tired at the moment for nitpicking ( I go to sleep during the day for 5 hours, then an important recording is awaiting me) - but unless you absolutely got to have treble more in advance than anything I ever heard (Staxes, Audezes, HiFiMan HE-1000s , Orpheuses ) - RHA T20 has "enough" . Where it clearly bested the ie-800 is soundstage - much less "in the head" sound. Its tuning for bass (tested at the show ) is really well chosen - should you happen to lean towards bass heavy side.

Regardless the extreme dynamic range of some of my recordings, RHA 20 never lost composure. Senn ie-800 might/may be even better in this department - yet the new RHA T20 never ceases to amaze. Specially at the cost - for Europe, the price at the projected release end June - more realistically first half of July -  will be EUR 229.  

Not only not bad for the price - not bad at all.

( Since I am very busy over this weekend, please no further questions - I merely covered what matters most - the sound )

EDITED - the correct product name - RHA T20

I really feel the need to say a "ditto" here.

I was super hyped to listen to the ie800 for the first time, but even with the high-quality player and track selection available at the booth, they were underwhelming compared to the surprise from the T20s on my HTC m8.

I played back some bits of 65daysofstatic's "Wild Light" (FLAC via Poweramp, no EQ or Boomsound nastiness). The mid & treble on these is super crisp and the soundstage was indeed amazing.
I unfortunately did not ask which filters/tuning was installed on the sample pair I tried, however I did not find it as bass heavy as the t10i I tried right before, or the Shure 215s that I regularly use.

I would possibly like some more impact there, but again, at an estimated 230 Euros, these sounded amazing, specially for those looking for a more neutral IEM.

May 16, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #99 of 286

I was super hyped to listen to the ie800 for the first time, but even with the high-quality player and track selection available at the booth, they were underwhelming compared to the surprise from the T20s on my HTC m8.

I played back some bits of 65daysofstatic's "Wild Light" (FLAC via Poweramp, no EQ or Boomsound nastiness). The mid & treble on these is super crisp and the soundstage was indeed amazing.
I unfortunately did not ask which filters/tuning was installed on the sample pair I tried, however I did not find it as bass heavy as the t10i I tried right before, or the Shure 215s that I regularly use.

I would possibly like some more impact there, but again, at an estimated 230 Euros, these sounded amazing, specially for those looking for a more neutral IEM.

The standard demo for the RHT T20s is their neutral/flat filters - which is as satisfying as it comes. The only reason why I asked for/insisted on bass boost  filters to be installed, is the fact  that I do not use "neutral" amp. I use DIY portable amp by Jan Meier. Which IS a damn neutral amp - IF not used with the crosfeed engaged - which is a default setting for me. Its only drawback is slight loss in bass quantity - and the ideal filter for use with this amp w/crosfeed would be somewhere in between the flat and bass boost filter (sigh... - they do not make one...)
After having lived (still do...) with the AKG K-1000 earspeakers , it is a bit hard to swallow the congested soundstagew by regular full size cans - Stax included. Now, you can imagine what I might say regarding the soundstage of IEMs - it is no surprise my current IEMs are Havi B3 Pro1, something known to have very few peers in IEM world regarding the soundstage regardless of price, let alone at their $ 60 or so asking price.

RHA T20 demolished Havi B3 Pro1 in no uncertain terms. I DID NOT like it - because they revealed, instantly, slight defects that landed on the masters - simply because I could not hear with enough precision what was going on during the recording. Some small left right balance problem(s), some noise that creeped in below the radar of Havi, etc, etc - I wished I had them a few years ago, at the very least a year ago.

I did listen to flat treble "configuration" - which was great. No idea how enhanced treble T20s sound - yet by the integrity of everything seen and heard there is little chance they overcooked it.

Time to set up (yet another...) piggybank ...

I would like to thank to the entire staff  of the RHA team - they are all thoroughly professional and very friendly people.

May 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #100 of 286

Hey!

Cheers for stopping by! We do demos with the reference (most balanced) filter by default.

Thanks again!

May 17, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #101 of 286
Originally Posted by analogsurviver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RHA T20 demolished Havi B3 Pro1 in no uncertain terms. I DID NOT like it - because they revealed, instantly, slight defects that landed on the masters - simply because I could not hear with enough precision what was going on during the recording. Some small left right balance problem(s), some noise that creeped in below the radar of Havi, etc, etc - I wished I had them a few years ago, at the very least a year ago.

I did listen to flat treble "configuration" - which was great. No idea how enhanced treble T20s sound - yet by the integrity of everything seen and heard there is little chance they overcooked it.

Just to clarify, you did not like the Havi B3 or you did not like the T20? What does 'it' refer to? The way I'm reading it, 'it' refers to the T20 because you mentioned it first, in comparison to the Havi B3.

May 17, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #102 of 286
  Just to clarify, you did not like the Havi B3 or you did not like the T20? What does 'it' refer to? The way I'm reading it, 'it' refers to the T20 because you mentioned it first, in comparison to the Havi B3.

"It" refers to the fact that I was unable to hear PRECISELY what was going on during recording while it was monitored with Havi B3 Pro1 - and RHA T20 could pinpoint to these small errors - instantly, positively, without any effort on my part. It is something it is hard to "like" - if it is your own recording - because after the fact nothing helps much. I wish I had something like T20s for monitoring - for years...

RHA T20 is insanely precise while being equally musically satisfying - the former is true about ie800,  the second is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back