RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Dec 20, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #946 of 1,127
Hi chaps

I'm looking for a new set of iems, i'm stuck using my standard apple ones currently and thought I would give these a try. The reviews look good, I wouldn't say i'm a basshead but I want something with powerful punchy, deep bass that can drop low. Will these give me that?

My last purchase (quite a few years ago) was a set of ultimate Ears Super.fi 5EB, from what i remember they did sound ok but they did always impress me with the bass that they could produce. After digging them out they aren't as good as i remember but boy do they kick. I'm looking for more detail and refinement however, they don't sound great.

I'm sitting here with my AKG 550's on, some of the baselines are barely audible.

Thanks

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #947 of 1,127
Hi chaps

I'm looking for a new set of iems, i'm stuck using my standard apple ones currently and thought I would give these a try. The reviews look good, I wouldn't say i'm a basshead but I want something with powerful punchy, deep bass that can drop low. Will these give me that?

My last purchase (quite a few years ago) was a set of ultimate Ears Super.fi 5EB, from what i remember they did sound ok but they did always impress me with the bass that they could produce. After digging them out they aren't as good as i remember but boy do they kick. I'm looking for more detail and refinement however, they don't sound great.

I'm sitting here with my AKG 550's on, some of the baselines are barely audible.

Thanks

I have the 550, 553 and t20 for me the t20 have better Bass without be a over exaggerated and I like used the trable filter, with the bass filter is better for the bass head.

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #948 of 1,127
  Hi chaps

Thanks

These are definitely punchy down low. You will not be disappointed.

Dec 21, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #951 of 1,127
Hej,

Just order  the RHA t20i i will use them with my iphone 7.. would you also recommend a dac like Audioquest Dragonfly red

They'll do fine with the iPhone 7's inclided lightning to headphone adapter. IMO the real reason to go for a dragonfly red is for more voltage to drive high impedence headphones, which isn't needed here.

Also what you need to remember is that the inline controls of the T20i will not work with the Dragonfly, but will work just fine with the Lightning to Headphone adapter.

That's not to say the Drgonfly won't be an improvement over the included adapter, however it may not be worth the extra 200 bucks for you just to drive the T20, which is already driven pretty well from an iToy anyway. It is for me as I drive full size Beyerdynamic cans from my iPhones/iPods and in this scenario the Dragonfly is well worth the price.

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #953 of 1,127
Well I received mine today.

First impressions are good, certainly deliver the bass I was after. I have had to pop the bass filters on, I find the top end harsh with the reference. Will this calm down a little once I have run them in? They seem a tad dull now for my taste with some tracks.

Also I think the left one comes out of my ear slightly and it gives an odd sound as it then is quieter than the right. I do have small ears and i'm using the smallest buds but they still seem slightly too big. Do have a bit of discomfort in my earholes, hopefully I'll get used to them.

I am noticing nuances and slight imperfections in some tracks that I'd never noticed before. Hopefully the harshness will fade, might leave them running pink noise overnight for a few days.

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #955 of 1,127
The harshness wil go away :). 2 weeks ago, I returned mine for a repair. Instead, I got a brandnew boxed replacement set (big kudos for RHA, more than I could ask for). The T20 I returned didn't had that harshness, the new set I just received does but it's just a matter of use over time. Pink noise could help also!

Well I received mine today.

First impressions are good, certainly deliver the bass I was after. I have had to pop the bass filters on, I find the top end harsh with the reference. Will this calm down a little once I have run them in? They seem a tad dull now for my taste with some tracks.

I am noticing nuances and slight imperfections in some tracks that I'd never noticed before. Hopefully the harshness will fade, might leave them running pink noise overnight for a few days.

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #956 of 1,127
Yeah the harshness has settled down, that or i am just used to them now.

I am really loving these, I'm now running them with a Mojo. Awesome detail and the bass that these will produce is insane, I have had to dial it back a little on some tracks.

I am finding them a little hard on my ears though, think the buds are a fraction too big (got small ears). They get a little uncomfy after a while, any suggestions for some smaller buds?

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #957 of 1,127

I am really loving these, I'm now running them with a Mojo. Awesome detail and the bass that these will produce is insane, I have had to dial it back a little on some tracks.

I am finding them a little hard on my ears though, think the buds are a fraction too big (got small ears). They get a little uncomfy after a while, any suggestions for some smaller buds?

​Glad to see you're liking them as much as some of us are. It's uncomfortable even with the smallest buds? Actually I had the same problem at one point and realised it was because I didn't shape the memory wires to hook around my ear perfectly. After spending about 10 minutes to get good support and positioning, I haven't had comfort issues anymore. So maybe it could be that the angle the nozzle goes in your canal is bad which causes ache after some time.

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #958 of 1,127

I had the best comfort with the double flange tips, but after reading good reviews about the JVC Spiral Dot tips, I purchased the Medium-Small size on Ebay. Those definitely have the best comfort for my ears, so maybe you should try them out also :). I'm thinking about getting the Dragonfly Black, really curious how this is going to improve the sound!

Dec 31, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #959 of 1,127
​Glad to see you're liking them as much as some of us are. It's uncomfortable even with the smallest buds? Actually I had the same problem at one point and realised it was because I didn't shape the memory wires to hook around my ear perfectly. After spending about 10 minutes to get good support and positioning, I haven't had comfort issues anymore. So maybe it could be that the angle the nozzle goes in your canal is bad which causes ache after some time.

I think this is something rha can work on, in hindsigt i found it odd that the t10 and t20 hadca 70-90 degreecnozzle relative to the earphone body.

45-60 degrees i think is optimal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back