RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Aug 27, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #316 of 1,127
The IE80 has quite a bit different signature. If you love that signature then the T20 isn't for you. But I don't feel the IE80 is a better IEM, just different. Price wise the IE80 is still quite a bit more expensive unless you get lucky and find a good sale price so I think the T20 isn't to far off the mark price wise.

Aug 28, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #317 of 1,127
The IE80 has quite a bit different signature. If you love that signature then the T20 isn't for you. But I don't feel the IE80 is a better IEM, just different. Price wise the IE80 is still quite a bit more expensive unless you get lucky and find a good sale price so I think the T20 isn't to far off the mark price wise.

I was after a pair of Sennheiser IE80s. Went into a store with many models available to demo:

RHA T20
Westone 30
Shure SE535
Final Audio Heaven V

They did NOT have IE80 to demo.

Of all the testing, and with price in mind I've taken home the RHA T20. Having just read the comparisons here to IE80, I wonder if I've made a mistake. It is SO hard when you cannot test them.

Is there THAT much difference between the T20 and the IE80? Or should I keep these and be happy?

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #318 of 1,127
Price only is no quality mark, both are enginered in Europe but produced in Asia, otherwise they would cost the double, and than we would compare them with IEM's of this price range

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #319 of 1,127
I was after a pair of Sennheiser IE80s. Went into a store with many models available to demo:

RHA T20
Westone 30
Shure SE535
Final Audio Heaven V

Of all the testing, and with price in mind I've taken home the RHA T20. Having just read the comparisons here to IE80, I wonder if I've made a mistake. It is SO hard when you cannot test them.

Is there THAT much difference between the T20 and the IE80? Or should I keep these and be happy?
if they sound great with bass filter you should keep them.

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #320 of 1,127

RHA T20
Westone 30
Shure SE535
Final Audio Heaven V

Despite my opinion of the IE80, if you already have something that you enjoy, then keep it. If you didn't like a quality of the T20, then try an alternative.

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #321 of 1,127
OK, I pulled out the T20 for a change up tonight and am listening on my desktop computer using my Audioengine D1 DAC and Holy Moly what a difference in the sound! No harshness what so ever. The D1 is a warmer DAC and it sounds wonderful with the T20. This leads me to believe the T20i will be very good for iPhone users as that platform has always been on the warm side in my experience so should pair very well with the T20. I think the T20 is going to live in my computer room from now on and be my IEM of choice from my computer.

Sep 3, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #323 of 1,127
Just picked up a pair of these. Will be burning them in overnight as there seems to be a touch of sibilance in the treble. Also, the silicone tips aren't really cutting it for me. Gonna try some Spinfits and Sony hybrids to see what fits best

Sep 3, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #324 of 1,127
  Just picked up a pair of these. Will be burning them in overnight as there seems to be a touch of sibilance in the treble. Also, the silicone tips aren't really cutting it for me. Gonna try some Spinfits and Sony hybrids to see what fits best

I'd at least double that burn in time haha, my overnight burn in didn't take away the sibilance. From what I'm told by fellow head-fiers AS WELL as the manufacturer, these do require burn in to sound their best.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #325 of 1,127
Burn them in every night for a couple of days to a week.

Sep 4, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #326 of 1,127

which filters did you use?

try all the tips

I find the rha dual density tips accentuate the house sound (more bass and more treble( moreso lower treble)

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #327 of 1,127

which filters did you use?

try all the tips

I find the rha dual density tips accentuate the house sound (more bass and more treble( moreso lower treble)

Using the reference filter right now. I've gone back to the stock tips heh, I think my ears just needed to get used to the fit.

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Burn them in every night for a couple of days to a week.

Yeah I've been feeding pink noise into the T20s at night. Can't help but listen to these in the daytime though, they sound so good.

Sep 5, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #328 of 1,127
That's how I do it too :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #329 of 1,127
i have a question would rha tips fit sony xba z5

how do they compare to other tips like the shure olives, jvc spiral, spinfit

are the rha double slicon good, i am in search for good tips for my z5 as the stock ones i am struggling with 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back