RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Jul 9, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #91 of 1,127
I have not heard the MA750 so can't comment but 100% agree with nmatheis about his comments regarding the T20 and the T10. I am also hoping to finish up my review this week.

Could you kindly include sound quality comparison between T20 and the Pioneer Pro DJE-1500-K ?
Thanks!

Jul 9, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #92 of 1,127
The DJE1500 has a sharper tone that is more aggressive and bright. I would say the T20 is better if you prefer a less aggressive signature. I think the T20 is more well built and more ergonomic as well. The DJE does allow you to try different cables though.

Jul 9, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #93 of 1,127
The DJE1500 has a sharper tone that is more aggressive and bright. I would say the T20 is better if you prefer a less aggressive signature. I think the T20 is more well built and more ergonomic as well. The DJE does allow you to try different cables though.

Thanks! As for natural recording like binaural, classical, and other natural distant miking recordings, which one has more linear tonality?

Something like this recording:

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #94 of 1,127
I don't have the 1500 anymore so can not do a direct comparison and this type of detail would require A/B testing to be accurate so I can't say for sure.

Jul 10, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #95 of 1,127
I don't have the 1500 anymore so can not do a direct comparison and this type of detail would require A/B testing to be accurate so I can't say for sure.

Oh I see. I thought you still have it. Read your excellent review about Pioneer DJE-1500, considering to buy one. Tx!

Jul 10, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #96 of 1,127
Right now I am enjoying this CD ripped to lossless from iPhone 6+ --> CCK --> ODAC RevB --> Meier Quickstep --> RHA T20.

I just had to share how great that sounds. Even directly from the iPhone headphone out T20 sounds great but with a bright to neutral source there is great definition and resolution. Very involving indeed. 

Jul 12, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #98 of 1,127
Any early thoughts on the T20 @Hisoundfi?

Sorry for the delayed response. I honestly didn't have time to listen to it enough to say anything about it until now. I had a nice session with it using all the filters.

I'm really impressed with the separation of sound. It sounds like a multi driver earphone to my ears. I absolutely adore the treble response of these with rock and band genres.

I'm torn between the neutral and treble filters. Treble filter is nice because it tames the north of neutral bass. I think the bass filter pushes the bass a bit too far for me to say that I enjoy it, but that's just my opinion. 

Anyways, thanks to RHA for setting this up. I'm going to try listen to these guys as much as possible before I write a review and send them off. Depending on the price I will probably get a pair.

Cheers

Jul 12, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #99 of 1,127
Sorry for the delayed response. I honestly didn't have time to listen to it enough to say anything about it until now. I had a nice session with it using all the filters.

I'm really impressed with the separation of sound. It sounds like a multi driver earphone to my ears. I absolutely adore the treble response of these with rock and band genres.

I'm torn between the neutral and treble filters. Treble filter is nice because it tames the north of neutral bass. I think the bass filter pushes the bass a bit too far for me to say that I enjoy it, but that's just my opinion. 

Anyways, thanks to RHA for setting this up. I'm going to try listen to these guys as much as possible before I write a review and send them off. Depending on the price I will probably get a pair.

Cheers

Thanks for your thoughts Hisoundfi!

Reference Filters FTW!!!

Jul 13, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #100 of 1,127
Ya, these t20 rock.

Separation of sounds is world class. Bass is a bit overdone IMHO with the reference filter, and upper mids are pretty forward, but man oh man the separation is phenomenal.

I am torn between the more universally applicable signature of the reference filter and the slightly more linear treble filter.

Long story short, these are awesomesauce

Jul 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #102 of 1,127
As a very happy owner of the 750's I am subscribed to this thread and looking forward to everyone's thoughts.

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #104 of 1,127
Ya, these t20 rock.

Separation of sounds is world class. Bass is a bit overdone IMHO with the reference filter, and upper mids are pretty forward, but man oh man the separation is phenomenal.

I am torn between the more universally applicable signature of the reference filter and the slightly more linear treble filter.

Long story short, these are awesomesauce

Hmmm, honestly I don't find the separation is impressive. 
I received the demo unit for Asia tour program, have used it for about 1 week with various filters and eartips, best I could describe the instrument separation is on the average. Not bad, but not impressive. Probably because I'm reviewing at the same time DN-2000J that is more analytic and detailed.

I really like the build quality which is awesome! Comfort and fit are among the best, but so far have not been impressed by the sound quality. Probably simply not my cup of tea 
redface.gif

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #105 of 1,127
Hmmm, honestly I don't find the separation is impressive. 
I received the demo unit for Asia tour program, have used it for about 1 week with various filters and eartips, best I could describe the instrument separation is on the average. Not bad, but not impressive. Probably because I'm reviewing at the same time DN-2000J that is more analytic and detailed.

I really like the build quality which is awesome! Comfort and fit are among the best, but so far have not been impressed by the sound quality. Probably simply not my cup of tea :xf_eek:  

I haven't been lucky enough to hear the DN2000J yet, but like Hisoundfi I also thought the T20's soundstage and and separation quite good for the price. Certainly above average.

To be fair, you're comparing them to a triple driver IEM that's ~$100 more.

Is the DN2000J better? I don't know since I haven't heard it, but at ~$100 more expensive I certainly hope so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back