RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Jan 20, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #616 of 1,127
  Is there a reasonable improvement to be had with extensive burn-in on these? 

They are pretty decent with the treble filters. I found the decay abnormally long on the Reference filters. BA drivers ruined my ears lol

I found them to improve significantly with a few hours of use, but the changes weren't the type you're looking for.  I actually find the bass pretty tight and quick, but I prefer dynamic drivers over BA.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #617 of 1,127
Hello, I have a question would the RHA T20 pair well with the Oppo HA-2 and iPod Touch 6G? What sound signature should I expect from this combo? I mainly listen to Hip-Hop and R&B with a little bit of House, Rock, Jazz and Classical. Sources are from Compact Disc rips. Thanks.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #618 of 1,127
Hello, I have a question would the RHA T20 pair well with the Oppo HA-2 and iPod Touch 6G? What sound signature should I expect from this combo? I mainly listen to Hip-Hop and R&B with a little bit of House, Rock, Jazz and Classical. Sources are from Compact Disc rips. Thanks.

It would be a perfect setup for those genres. If you want more or less bass impact the filters of the T20 will certainly give you what you are looking for. I enjoy the T20 with the treble filters directly from my iPhone 6+ but they do scale to a certain extend when amped properly. 

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #619 of 1,127
Purchased these yesterday, I'm a big fan of RHA, especially the T10. So far, I'm enjoying these, but have to listen a lot more. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to burn them in some today as I work from home.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #620 of 1,127
Purchased these yesterday, I'm a big fan of RHA, especially the T10. So far, I'm enjoying these, but have to listen a lot more. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to burn them in some today as I work from home.

Nice to see you onboard the T20 train. Curious to see which you'll prefer - T10 or T20. For me it was T20.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #621 of 1,127
Considering that I'm a basshead, normally the T10... That being said, every iem I have has plenty of bass, the T10, being the lightest of the bunch.

I wanted to give this a shot to diversify a little. I listened both amped and unamped from my lgv10. They do sound better so far than the T10, more of what I was looking for. Still need more time, but I am enjoying the highs a bit more.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #627 of 1,127
Imo these are incredibly tip, and fit, sensitive. I can't explain exactly how - it depends on the shape of your own ears. If I use spinfits with a deep insertion, the bass is hugely diminished - very counter intuitive. I need the bass filters. If I use Sony hybrids, and hence get a shallower insertion, for me, I need the treble filters. By the way, rha have just replaced mine as I lost bass altogether on one channel. Not all sound, just all low notes. It was very noticeable. I guess an issue with the dual coil malarkey? I love mine but they do need a bit of effort to get the best of them. I suspect that's why some don't see (or hear!) what that can do.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #628 of 1,127
I haven't tried my spiral dots, I'm using the same tips as my T10, which is stock medium silicone. I'm going to try some tip rolling later, but I'm more than likely returning these. It's not that I dislike the sound, I don't, not at all. I actually really do enjoy them, but they aren't hitting what I'm looking for exactly... I'll try a bit more with them though before I decide. I've probably have close to 15 hours of playing time, maybe 10 in ear.

They sound better than the T10 in every way except bass. They sound too similar to my Sony Xb90ex (unamped) to keep at this price. If I amp the Sony, they are at an entirely different level.

Regardless, these are excellent IEMS, and if I had a choice between these and the T10, I'd choose these with my current IEMS. If I didn't have basshead IEMS, I'd choose the T10.

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #629 of 1,127
I haven't tried my spiral dots, I'm using the same tips as my T10, which is stock medium silicone. I'm going to try some tip rolling later, but I'm more than likely returning these. It's not that I dislike the sound, I don't, not at all. I actually really do enjoy them, but they aren't hitting what I'm looking for exactly... I'll try a bit more with them though before I decide. I've probably have close to 15 hours of playing time, maybe 10 in ear.

They sound better than the T10 in every way except bass. They sound too similar to my Sony Xb90ex (unamped) to keep at this price. If I amp the Sony, they are at an entirely different level.

Regardless, these are excellent IEMS, and if I had a choice between these and the T10, I'd choose these with my current IEMS. If I didn't have basshead IEMS, I'd choose the T10.

What about when the bass filters are on the T20?

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #630 of 1,127
I'll have to check that for you. I had the reference filters on mostly, but I did have bass pumped up so much that it did distort at one point. The T20 definitely hit hard, just not as hard as the T10, and far from basshead levels. I wasn't looking for basshead levels though, I wanted something just a little different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back