RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Jan 8, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #601 of 1,127
And by wearing them behind the ear the cable is not flexible enough for me. Bug's :)
Sucks that you can't change the cable.

I'm just about in the same boat as you. The memory wire kind of has a mind of its own. I just received my comply tips last night and if that doesn't improve retention and comfort the they are being sent back. The comply tips are comfortable, but at work I'm always taking my ear buds in and out for calls, meetings, etc... So the process to insert comply tips may get old after a while. I could also use more low end as well so I've been looking at the FS G10's.

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #602 of 1,127
I'm just about in the same boat as you. The memory wire kind of has a mind of its own. I just received my comply tips last night and if that doesn't improve retention and comfort the they are being sent back. The comply tips are comfortable, but at work I'm always taking my ear buds in and out for calls, meetings, etc... So the process to insert comply tips may get old after a while. I could also use more low end as well so I've been looking at the FS G10's.

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Once you get the hang of it, I think you'll find them much easier to use.  The memory wire is stiff, as you mention.  However, you can use this to your advantage.  Once you get them inserted and a good comfortable seal, bend the memory wire to fit snugly around your ear.  It will stay that way, and make subsequent use much easier.  As for the Comply tips, you just need to compress the tips and push them straight in.  I find them much easier to use than the silicone tips as they seem to require a lot of fiddling around to get and maintain the best seal.  The comply tips should also negate any chance of driver flex.

Not many people have found the low end lacking, although a basshead (not meant as an insult) might.  I think much more bass and detail would suffer substantially.  What are the FS G10?

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #603 of 1,127

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Once you get the hang of it, I think you'll find them much easier to use.  The memory wire is stiff, as you mention.  However, you can use this to your advantage.  Once you get them inserted and a good comfortable seal, bend the memory wire to fit snugly around your ear.  It will stay that way, and make subsequent use much easier.  As for the Comply tips, you just need to compress the tips and push them straight in.  I find them much easier to use than the silicone tips as they seem to require a lot of fiddling around to get and maintain the best seal.  The comply tips should also negate any chance of driver flex.

Not many people have found the low end lacking, although a basshead (not meant as an insult) might.  I think much more bass and detail would suffer substantially.  What are the FS G10?

No insult taken. We all have our preferences. I'm not even sure if I'm a bass head or not. I'm still fairly new to this so I'm still learning as well. On some songs bass heavy tracks the T20s sound really good. On other genres it is barely there for me. It could partially be the source but I'm not sure. The FS G10 is the Future Sonics G10. Suppose to have solid tight bass. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #604 of 1,127
Hey guys just picked up the T20's have complys coming today and just had a few questions how is the memory foam wire supposed to fit directly snug behind the ear or what? I emailed RHA waiting for a response, but it's the weekend so understandable. Also any DAC/AMP that has improved sound quality for you guys I have a UCA202, but for some reason when switching between sources youtube spotify I get a lil kind of like crackle like while it's switching so I think I may try to upgrade or go back to onboard.

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #605 of 1,127
  Hey guys just picked up the T20's have complys coming today and just had a few questions how is the memory foam wire supposed to fit directly snug behind the ear or what? I emailed RHA waiting for a response, but it's the weekend so understandable. Also any DAC/AMP that has improved sound quality for you guys I have a UCA202, but for some reason when switching between sources youtube spotify I get a lil kind of like crackle like while it's switching so I think I may try to upgrade or go back to onboard.

This UCA202 crackle thing only happens every so often it's not a recurrent thing all the time only usually when I have high volume and i'm switching audio sources (IE music player etc) so that may be the reason too.

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #606 of 1,127

I can't comment on the crackle question , sorry.

But using the T20i for two weeks now, I have got used to the memory wire. It is more mountable wire than memory, so will get bent out shape depending how tightly you pack them away. Quickest and best way to fit I find, is to roll and pinch the comply tips insert properly and then with another finger just push the wire loop over the ear. Then you can pinch the top of the wire at the very top of your ear to bend it touch that point and therefore hang securely.
They hang quite loose behind the ear, but more comfortable than a hard plastic loop, so I draw the cable ring up high that pulls the wires closer to your head.

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #607 of 1,127
Well I have submitted for an RMA for my T20s. I really did like the sound, but getting the fit and comfort is too much of a hassle. After 3-4 times of having to take out and then reinsert every few minutes I finally just packed them away. All of my in-ears in the past have just inserted and fit well with no issues. Maybe not the best sound quality but at least they stayed in place. I've decided to get a cheaper set of in-ears for now and save up for a set of nice customs down the road. Thanks to everyone for you help thus far!

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #608 of 1,127
Well I have submitted for an RMA for my T20s. I really did like the sound, but getting the fit and comfort is too much of a hassle. After 3-4 times of having to take out and then reinsert every few minutes I finally just packed them away. All of my in-ears in the past have just inserted and fit well with no issues. Maybe not the best sound quality but at least they stayed in place. I've decided to get a cheaper set of in-ears for now and save up for a set of nice customs down the road. Thanks to everyone for you help thus far!

Sent from my Moto X Pure

Sad to hear you will miss out on these gems. Unfortunately all our ears are different. For me the T20 just plop in and are amazingly comfortable.

Anyhow, good luck to find the ones that do it for you!
Cheers,
K

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #609 of 1,127
The comply tips help so much with the comfort I do have a question though is it normal for them to feel like they sit correct in one ear, but not the either these are my first pair of over ear IEM's so i'm not used to it but for some reason I can fix one side then the other feels weird will this pass or am I plagued?

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #611 of 1,127
It could very well be that your ear canals are differently wide, so using a larger/smaller tip size in one ear and trying with various insertion angles might help.

I almost always have to use a smaller tip in my left ear than my right, not too uncommon.  I think a lot of people would benefit from some experimentation with this.

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #612 of 1,127

It would have to be someone with enormous ear canals, frankly I'd be surprised if ANYONE is using them.  Even then they are so stiff, they would be incredibly uncomfortable.  They should swap the included foams for a pair of T200 Comply.   The T20 sound great with the included silicone tips, but they seem to mate particularly well with the Comply tips.

I'm so glad I read this thread; the T20 are my first "proper" in ears and I was trying the foam tips that came with them but just couldn't get on with them. I had read in a review somewhere that they came with comply tips, so I almost didn't bother investigating it, but now I have some Comply T200 Mediums in my ears and they are sooooo much more comfy.

Thanks!

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #613 of 1,127
  I'm so glad I read this thread; the T20 are my first "proper" in ears and I was trying the foam tips that came with them but just couldn't get on with them. I had read in a review somewhere that they came with comply tips, so I almost didn't bother investigating it, but now I have some Comply T200 Mediums in my ears and they are sooooo much more comfy.

Thanks!

Its becoming the norm lately to refer to ANY foam tips (other than Shure Olives) as Comply or Comply-style.  I think I also read a review that said Comply tips were included.  "Comply" is becoming to foam ear tips what "Band-Aid" is to adhesive bandages.   Those included foam tips are really BAD.  I can't even come close to getting them in my ears.  I think they were put in as an afterthought, kind of a shame since the rest of the product is very top-class.

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #614 of 1,127
I've been using these bad boys for a few months now with the comply tips, and I love them. I had bought the t10s before and returned them almost immediately, but these really fix most of the issues I had with them. I originally used the bass filters (I like my bass), but I think the comply tips add just enough low-end to use with the reference filter without the muddled highs of the bass filter.
The memory wire can be a bit annoying to use and I find that, at the wrong angle, the metal of the earbuds can uncomfortably press against the pinna of my ears if I'm listening for an extended time, but those are my only complaints.

Jan 20, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #615 of 1,127
Is there a reasonable improvement to be had with extensive burn-in on these? 

They are pretty decent with the treble filters. I found the decay abnormally long on the Reference filters. BA drivers ruined my ears lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back