RHA MA-750i Review
Sep 24, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #76 of 382
Agreed about the bass.  Many of the reviews I've read mention strong bass.  I'm just not finding that the case.  Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly satisfied with the bass presence of these earphones, but I just wouldn't describe them as strong in the bass department.  That said, the bass is tight and accurate, which is my preference for classical music.  Nothing more annoying than tympani overwhelming a piece or double basses sounding more "in your face" then they really ever should be.

oops was referring to efros1o's post, a couple posts above mine.

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #77 of 382
  Agreed about the bass.  Many of the reviews I've read mention strong bass.  I'm just not finding that the case.  Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly satisfied with the bass presence of these earphones, but I just wouldn't describe them as strong in the bass department.  That said, the bass is tight and accurate, which is my preference for classical music.  Nothing more annoying than tympani overwhelming a piece or double basses sounding more "in your face" then they really ever should be.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Glad you're enjoying the MA750i.

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #78 of 382

hi and welcome.  sorry about your wallet.

so you say your not fidnig the bass to be that large, can i ask what you have used before as my first thought would be that its simply your used to "consumer" products with stupid amounts of bass.  therefore these may seem lighter than you may have thought from what people round here would say.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #79 of 382

I totally agree - the bass is clear and distinct and refined. But it isn't boomy. It is just right IMO

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #80 of 382
does anyone ever use shirt clips?

Never. I thought the one from the 750i s looked good and squeezed the cable in. Two seconds later I took it out again for fear of damaging it (the cable, not the clip).

Also am I the only person who likes the weight of the mic? For me this helps hold the right side slightly more securely. Would quite like to have the same weight on the left.

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #81 of 382
With these, I just couldn't get a fit. The smaller single-flanges did not isolate properly. The larger ones simply did not go into my ear without pain. Only the large double-flange kinda worked, but it still took frequent readjustment. Guess my ears are weird. With regular style IEMs (Panasonic RP-HJE120, Klipsch S4 II, Soundmagic E10), I can safely use any small, single-flange tip and it works fine.

Would need a photo to be able to confirm your ears are weird :wink:. Only joking but I'd certainly say that everyone's ears are different hence the number of different tips available.

For me the only ear tips I can get to work (regardless of earphone) are Sony Hybrids (medium).

Try some different tips and I'm sure you'll find a set that work.

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #82 of 382
these vs the 
Yamaha EPH-100SL
VSonic GR07 Bass Edition
HiSoundAudio Wooduo2

I listen to trance, deep house all EDM kind of music..
So yeah the bass kind of matter a lot...

need help asap please..

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #85 of 382

hi and welcome.  sorry about your wallet.

so you say your not fidnig the bass to be that large, can i ask what you have used before as my first thought would be that its simply your used to "consumer" products with stupid amounts of bass.  therefore these may seem lighter than you may have thought from what people round here would say.

No need to apologize about my wallet. I am very, very happy with my purchase!

Perhaps you are correct, most of my experience is with "consumer" level headphones.  All my "decent" headphones fall right around the $100 range -- e2c, um1, ath-m40x, monster turbines, se215.  That seems to be my natural spending limit for headphones.  I try to get the best bang for the buck.

To be honest, I didn't read too many reviews besides a quick glance on amazon and one or two here.  I picked up mine from the Apple Sture, so I figured I could return them if they didn't meet my approval.  The one or two reviews I read in detail mentioned strong bass.  So, i naturally thought the ma750's were similar to the se215 albeit different sound signature.  No surprise, the two sound totally different.

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #86 of 382
"sorry about your wallet" is a general term (hfi slogan :wink: ) we write to welcome new head-fi'ers here.... :D

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #87 of 382
  these vs the 
Yamaha EPH-100SL
VSonic GR07 Bass Edition
HiSoundAudio Wooduo2

I listen to trance, deep house all EDM kind of music..
So yeah the bass kind of matter a lot...

need help asap please..

hey, only heard the wooduo2's of them.  the bass on the 750 and it are on totally diff levels.  the 2 is gargantuan and warm tonaly, so for EDL i wouldnt think of it as pairing well, EDL wants harder cleaner not warm and soft.  yammys tend to be a bit warm also so it wouldnt be my first go to but im guessing there.  the 7BE i dont know.  if it went warm like 6 id say no but...... im just guessing.   i can say the 750 is good for it, quick and clean and short of denon bringing back the C751 it would probably be my top pick for EDL.  bare in mind though, i dont really like EDL so take my commentary with a pinch of salt.

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #88 of 382
Hi, 

Newbie here.. mind my language

I owned a couple of earphones since 2009 when I started to dive into music deeper (like jazz, classics, and some japanese smooth mixes)..

My first iem was the ones I got from creative zen mp3 player back then, got the Westome UM1  when I snapped my Audio Technica ES7 cable. Never liked how they fitted into my ear, sold them then jumped to the Phonak 122.

Lost the Phonak (when I find them an incredible pair of IEMs), decided to go for cheaper since I was afraid to lose the new pair when I bought one.

Got the Shure SE215, they sound amazing for a pair of $100 earphones, lost em a year later at the beach :frowning2:

Last January, bought the GR07 MKII, which is after a few weeks of research into dynamic earphones, and certainly because I never wanted to go with the same old earphones I had and always wanted to try new ones.. GR07, IMO, lack of bass for me if the volume is turned down (around 60%, tht's the level that I used to hearing at)..

Lost the GR07 a week ago, pity me (I guess I have to tag my earphones from now on), now looking for a new pair.. Looking for something at the similar price of GR07, but with better bass response and build..

I looked at the RHA MA750i and Westone W1, any thoughts which one should I get?? or any recommendations??

I certainly prefer a detailed high since I listen to 95% instrumentals and 5% of others (pop RnB n stuff)..

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #90 of 382
  Hi, 

Newbie here.. mind my language

I owned a couple of earphones since 2009 when I started to dive into music deeper (like jazz, classics, and some japanese smooth mixes)..

My first iem was the ones I got from creative zen mp3 player back then, got the Westome UM1  when I snapped my Audio Technica ES7 cable. Never liked how they fitted into my ear, sold them then jumped to the Phonak 122.

Lost the Phonak (when I find them an incredible pair of IEMs), decided to go for cheaper since I was afraid to lose the new pair when I bought one.

Got the Shure SE215, they sound amazing for a pair of $100 earphones, lost em a year later at the beach :frowning2:

Last January, bought the GR07 MKII, which is after a few weeks of research into dynamic earphones, and certainly because I never wanted to go with the same old earphones I had and always wanted to try new ones.. GR07, IMO, lack of bass for me if the volume is turned down (around 60%, tht's the level that I used to hearing at)..

Lost the GR07 a week ago, pity me (I guess I have to tag my earphones from now on), now looking for a new pair.. Looking for something at the similar price of GR07, but with better bass response and build..

I looked at the RHA MA750i and Westone W1, any thoughts which one should I get?? or any recommendations??

I certainly prefer a detailed high since I listen to 95% instrumentals and 5% of others (pop RnB n stuff)..

The RHA 750i is very similar to the Shure SE215 in terms of sound quality and signature, so I think you'll be very happy with it if you liked the SE215. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back