RHA announcing CL2 Planar in-ear headphone
Aug 31, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #16 of 41
The frequency charts that RHA have published are beastly.
These blow the t20's out of the park on sub bass, bass, mids, highs, response, everything.
As soon as I get 1st hand impressions, i am pulling the trigger.

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #17 of 41
It would be interesting to see the insides of these and the 150 dollar MEE Planamic IEMs. Both companies use the same factory for R+D, so it's certainly a strange coincidence that they both released this kind of product at he same time.

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #19 of 41
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Amazon has these priced at $580.98 right now as a pre-order. Not sure if they will honor the price but I pulled the trigger at that price. Just checked now and it's still at that price! Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-04-23-34-48.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-04-23-34-48.png
    497.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 6, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 41
@RHA Team Can you post the original frequency response graph? I want to pre-order but I need to se a detailed measurement first.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #21 of 41
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Amazon has these priced at $580.98 right now as a pre-order.
Amazon don't have stock yet and we're investigating i) why it's listed ii) at that price. I'm very sorry, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that they'll follow through on that price.
Sorry! Beyond our control right now but we'll update.

@RHA Team Can you post the original frequency response graph? I want to pre-order but I need to se a detailed measurement first.
Behold! CL2 FR to 40kHz:
wgh1bwcc.png

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #22 of 41
Behold! CL2 FR to 40kHz:
wgh1bwcc.png
Is that graph compensated to the Harman IEM target? If not can you post the compensated graph?

What listening level is the bass loudness tuned for? Will the wireless neckband boost the bass as the volume is reduced for equal loudness?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #23 of 41
I ordered from amazon at the original full price. Sorry to hear that’s some sort of mistake. I don’t mind throwing down almost a thousand dollars for phones that I can return easily, but the RHA 7-day “cooling off” period is just too tight to be reasonable.

Sep 6, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #24 of 41
Is that graph compensated to the Harman IEM target? If not can you post the compensated graph? What listening level is the bass loudness tuned for? Will the wireless neckband boost the bass as the volume is reduced for equal loudness?

Of course it's not compensated. This is a raw response from an IEC 60318-4 (711) coupler. I find raw responses easier to interpret, honestly, and hate seeing manufacturers post compensated graphs because there is no 'standard' target equalization. The Harman curve is not a standard. Neither is diffuse field. So kudos to RHA for posting the raw FR.

Sep 6, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #25 of 41
Of course it's not compensated. This is a raw response from an IEC 60318-4 (711) coupler. I find raw responses easier to interpret, honestly, and hate seeing manufacturers post compensated graphs because there is no 'standard' target equalization. The Harman curve is not a standard. Neither is diffuse field. So kudos to RHA for posting the raw FR.
Can you tell me what level 20 Hz and 30 Hz would be relative to 1 kHz if it was compensated the way Innerfidelity does their graphs? I want to know if the sub-bass level is as loud as the Shure SE846, since I listen at ~65 dB SPL of pink noise.
https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSE846BlueFilterSample2.pdf

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #26 of 41
Can you tell me what level 20 Hz and 30 Hz would be relative to 1 kHz if it was compensated the way Innerfidelity does their graphs? I want to know if the sub-bass level is as loud as the Shure SE846, since I listen at ~65 dB SPL of pink noise.
https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSE846BlueFilterSample2.pdf

No it's not. You can see the raw measurements (grey traces) from the SE846 on Tyll's former rig. All ear couplers are more or less the same <600 or so Hertz. I suggest you take the time to learn about how measurements work and their scientific principles if you want to go around asking manufacturers for their frequency response curves. They're not obligated to provide you with them, and they're certainly not obligated to equalize them for you, especially if they're not using those targets. Additionally, the RHA people posting on head-fi are usually marketing staff, which means they have to go out of their way to ask their engineers for this data. Also, Tyll used an Independent of Field equalization that is kind of a compromise between diffuse field and free field equalization. It won't look at all the same as a Harman target or DF target.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #27 of 41
They're not obligated to provide you with them, and they're certainly not obligated to equalize them for you, especially if they're not using those targets. Additionally, the RHA people posting on head-fi are usually marketing staff, which means they have to go out of their way to ask their engineers for this data.
Wrong. If a company wants me to blindly pre-order their $1000 product, they better provide me with whatever information I want.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #30 of 41
Soooo...Amazon cancelled my order. Did not expect that. I wonder why?
A slight bit of searching the thread will tell you the answer. Take a look at Post #21 above, it was some sort of mistake on Amazon's part. And yes, I placed an order also and received a cancellation notice earlier this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back