RHA announcing CL2 Planar in-ear headphone
Sep 22, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #31 of 41
Yeah. I understand that. It was tongue in cheek. I just didn't want to sound accusatory. I know why it got cancelled. I think it's BS, but it is what it is. You're supposed to honor the price displayed. That's business, everyone knows that, but Amazon did what they want. I just hope RHA didn't have something to do with it after I posted it. Again, not accusing. But it sure seems like a coincidence.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #32 of 41
Yeah. I understand that. It was tongue in cheek. I just didn't want to sound accusatory. I know why it got cancelled. I think it's BS, but it is what it is. You're supposed to honor the price displayed. That's business, everyone knows that, but Amazon did what they want. I just hope RHA didn't have something to do with it after I posted it. Again, not accusing. But it sure seems like a coincidence.
You can order it from audio46.com
Use coupon majorhifi for a 10% discount.

Sep 22, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #33 of 41
Hi Kitechaser,

Haha. Thank you for the kind insight. I don't mind paying full price for something I see value in. I just think that practice of cancelling an order because....Oops we put the wrong price.. is ridiculous. I worked retail/commerce for 8 years. If the price was wrong, we honored it. Every time. Period.

Anyway, back to the thread. And how amazing I'm sure these are. Cheers everyone. Cheers RHA!

Sep 25, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #34 of 41
Just got them, FR graph for anyone interested. I checked multiple times, different insertions, L/R and the curves are about the same.
Compared to my SE846 (several tests). Using the EARS head simulator, Dragonfly Red and a Toshiba laptop. The closed back Shure IEM needs a -7 dB cut around 7.5 KHz to reduce resonance (for me). The RHA won't, but I may try to tame down the 4 K spike.

y4mik80foczxkP351N6rtQK4VAORIRhy9Lo0T2E86ptyWDn2jFx1S_FyWwxHz-SgwSyRlKXRw-552kLSiFDH4UneSADIRlUaVGRTZ14c6kffC3GiCIcoRwtVm4fQ-JvoPDwfjk-SmYsgeXR3fSHtVg6a4zINyYRo_KY3jXoIEpMqtBsuX7vHFpfqwBe1I4iFjGwXcK9Nm1Vcg6meEd3ezlfMw

Sep 26, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #35 of 41
A few more measurements:

This is the bluetooth dongle FR and a couple of equalization filters (Neutron player on a Pixel 2, aptx):
y4m36UWIL-ncvSJLcYhaqlYO7mAkEild5eRveebEf6PIo_l7FFLxqDlC700qFGGyAAUEpoKSRW6Y8rw5JxFrQdl5XIdNBMKgZUA5aP-Rb_HNkFhQqDgooxDI_2iY1CNtfvCYHsepJUV9WB0G5S6MQTQblT7dFXq8yuWaCGqnhikD7j8I1Q1rJJ6MwpRromGRAdZYNmCYvHTyRUsZIXE7jFCfg

The Freq response is identical to the wired.

Crosstalk and distortion with bluetooth:
y4m-ZWehHkCFO2TnBd0vztl7NjKCZZewHdC5Bhn2zcbRqNTnuqwtvU31PBAh2hZxc0hUDpvcdJ95MJgE4WpkggcUiYfUHboBFTxAqJ8rXK9woFv0b3BYWM7XzDQLHtFXfP5KeMRKhkTm_fhyVlcScKgR5tJ3-lSMscR6LKymrjtGLbIasmgPDg9Un56xvp8qI2kqjewfSS1Iv2nWzM3BN1Gng

y4meiukg0MsWMrUJUAwVP2C-1bVA3AyIeKoEe9f2PEltsv1Ayu3ocNEfDzRbSZ2r7HzoSNrtc6cyTCUdHoL3lz7K6XyomVavzLxIiHzvz0u3QjXV7DV_LM9dPkJPUirwdFd6lg-QScn7gwIU6i2p2MDJFHVsnp0Z8tmnClOylRgMPBwJZhG6a9a0gKiQA7PisB0okmM-NnyM3EZRN8kjy34Ow

Near zero crosstalk (the Mee BT adapter is the same).
Distortion banding not too bad.

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #36 of 41
Just got them, FR graph for anyone interested. I checked multiple times, different insertions, L/R and the curves are about the same.
Compared to my SE846 (several tests). Using the EARS head simulator, Dragonfly Red and a Toshiba laptop. The closed back Shure IEM needs a -7 dB cut around 7.5 KHz to reduce resonance (for me). The RHA won't, but I may try to tame down the 4 K spike.
How powerful is the sub-bass compared to the SE846? Is the difference as big as the graph implies?

Sep 26, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #37 of 41
How powerful is the sub-bass compared to the SE846? Is the difference as big as the graph implies?
This is not a bassy IEM. having said that, there is plenty of sub bass, and the quality is outstanding.

May 7, 2021 at 3:30 AM Post #40 of 41

y4mik80foczxkP351N6rtQK4VAORIRhy9Lo0T2E86ptyWDn2jFx1S_FyWwxHz-SgwSyRlKXRw-552kLSiFDH4UneSADIRlUaVGRTZ14c6kffC3GiCIcoRwtVm4fQ-JvoPDwfjk-SmYsgeXR3fSHtVg6a4zINyYRo_KY3jXoIEpMqtBsuX7vHFpfqwBe1I4iFjGwXcK9Nm1Vcg6meEd3ezlfMw
I know this is a very old post, but any chance you are able to export the CL2 raw measurements as a CSV file? I would like to create my own convolution filters using REW. Thanks!

May 9, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #41 of 41
Amazon don't have stock yet and we're investigating i) why it's listed ii) at that price. I'm very sorry, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up that they'll follow through on that price.
Sorry! Beyond our control right now but we'll update.

Behold! CL2 FR to 40kHz:
wgh1bwcc.png
I just came across this as I was looking for FR measurements of the CL2. Unfortunately it seems your FR measurements graph is no longer online. Is there any chance you are able to export and share the CL2 raw measurements as a CSV file? I would like to create my own convolution filters using REW. Thanks!

[Apologies to everyone for the duplicated request above.]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back