reviews on Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 please ^^
Jan 27, 2006 at 7:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

dbintoro

Head-Fier
Is the sound quality for ES7 good ?? It costs 159usd, and its the most expensive portable headphones. Does it worth the buy? I need reviews on people who have used it. Thank you !
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 24
Yes it is your friend, but there aren’t really many reviews on it at all. I got mine a while ago and have been meaning to write a review for quite some time but have been lazy. In a very short sum I feel confident in saying that it is up to par with other $200 cans. My Grado HF-1's as far as quality win by a margin, but I prefer the ES7's sound signature since almost all of my music is electronic/dance. It may be entry-level to high end headphones but it is definitely audiophile quality sound. I can't think of a better bang for the buck a set of entry level high-end closed headphones. Not to mention that they're a 12 out of 10 on the sexiness scale.
icon10.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 24
I want a pair of these, but I guess my FC7s will have to for now till I have money to blow.

Well, it's either these, which I don't really need, or another hard drive for my ever growing movie and music collection.

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #8 of 24
Thanks for the info.

Nov 3, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #12 of 24
lol thread resurrection? definitely

Come to think about it, when i was researching the es7s there really aren't many es7 reviews at all, just impressions and discussions in some threads..

Does anyone have links to any (if any) reviews? If not maybe it's time someone wrote one..
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 24
I can revisit them, but the fundamental characteristic is a bass-heavy phone with a 'rounded' not-harsh sound very tuned to consumer tastes with an entertaining sound signature overall, combined with the 'iPod Look'. They're lookers no doubt.

As a brief summary they're basically a Bose Triport AE with:
- Significantly more bass
- Marginally worse sound quality
- Notably better stereo imaging and somewhat less 'closed phone honk' (due in a large part to the lack of isolation)
- Significant lack of isolation
- Significant lack of comfort
- Significant increase in build quality, yet with caution needed in handling due to the shiny, easily scratched cups

If it was me, given the choice I'd stick with the Triports for the better usable isolation, comfort and the less overbearing sound and be as careful of them as I'd be with the ES7's to prevent damage to them in portable use.

In fact between the ESW9, ES7 and the AE all of which I've owned for an extended period at the same time, the AE is my casual commuting ear-warmer of choice.

Nov 17, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can revisit them, but the fundamental characteristic is a bass-heavy phone with a 'rounded' not-harsh sound very tuned to consumer tastes with an entertaining sound signature overall, combined with the 'iPod Look'. They're lookers no doubt.

As a brief summary they're basically a Bose Triport AE with:
- Significantly more bass
- Marginally worse sound quality
- Notably better stereo imaging and somewhat less 'closed phone honk' (due in a large part to the lack of isolation)
- Significant lack of isolation
- Significant lack of comfort
- Significant increase in build quality, yet with caution needed in handling due to the shiny, easily scratched cups

If it was me, given the choice I'd stick with the Triports for the better usable isolation, comfort and the less overbearing sound and be as careful of them as I'd be with the ES7's to prevent damage to them in portable use.

In fact between the ESW9, ES7 and the AE all of which I've owned for an extended period at the same time, the AE is my casual commuting ear-warmer of choice.

LOL, this is a funniest review I have ever read
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
. Marginally worse sound quality? The AE can only dream of having the sound quality of the ES7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back