Reviewers Wanted ---- Mixcder V4.2+ EDR Bluetooth Stereo Headphone MS301 with APTX-LL
Jun 15, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #31 of 47
Open Back = the back of the earphone is open to allow air movement freely around the back of the driver. The 301 has a connection between the metal portion of the earpiece and the plastic that holds the driver and pads that is designed to swivel for comfort, this is a good thing, but means that the unit is not completely sealed and does leak some sound out that hinge. I think you could probably wear them on a plane at modest volumes and be fine but they might annoy someone sleeping next to you so use in bed at night is probably out. Having said that, open backs in general have a much better soundstage than closed and these do have a better soundstage than most every other Bluetooth headphone I have used. I think it is a good trade-off and the more I listen to these the more I like them,

I would agree, open back to me give a wider sound stage. That said, I find the isolation pretty good, with much less sound leakage than other open backs I have auditioned. I do like these quite a bit, and will be taking these with my on my short soccer vacation, this week. Very good impressions so far.

Jun 19, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #32 of 47
Hoping to have my review posted by mid-week. You have a winner here. This is the Bluetooth headset I was hoping for in some of the others. Very listenable, good battery life, and responds well to EQ.

Jun 21, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #33 of 47
My review is posted!
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...nes-with-aptx-low-latency-audio.22472/reviews

I can now say that these are the first Bluetooth headphone I have used that was just plain a good headphone with no caveats involved. Not good for a bluetooth, not good for a wireless, not good for a sub-$100. Just good. That is one heck of an accomplishment for a relatively new player in the headphone market and especially when coupled with the sub $100 price point. The MS301 is something Mixcder should take pride in and should be a good seller.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #34 of 47
My review is posted!
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...nes-with-aptx-low-latency-audio.22472/reviews

I can now say that these are the first Bluetooth headphone I have used that was just plain a good headphone with no caveats involved. Not good for a bluetooth, not good for a wireless, not good for a sub-$100. Just good. That is one heck of an accomplishment for a relatively new player in the headphone market and especially when coupled with the sub $100 price point. The MS301 is something Mixcder should take pride in and should be a good seller.
Thanks so much for the great job, Will. Espcially for your feedbacks on the package and carrying case. I will definitely forward those suggestions to our Team.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #35 of 47
I would agree, open back to me give a wider sound stage. That said, I find the isolation pretty good, with much less sound leakage than other open backs I have auditioned. I do like these quite a bit, and will be taking these with my on my short soccer vacation, this week. Very good impressions so far.
Every coin has two sides. The open back design may cause a little sound leakage,but it also makes good isolation. :darthsmile: @Wiljen @ngoshawk

Jun 23, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #37 of 47
My review and video review will be up by tomorrow afternoon. I need better light for pictures, and disc space to store my video! This is a winner, too! I thoroughly enjoy this device. Thank you, again!

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #38 of 47
Jun 30, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #39 of 47
Video review is now live. Thank you @Mixcder for the wonderful opportunity!

Jun 30, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #40 of 47
Video review is now live. Thank you @Mixcder for the wonderful opportunity!

Thorough review! Good work!

There was one point where I was a little confused. Are you needing to "Forget This Device" on the iPhone and re-pair to get it to reconnect period, or are you doing that just to get the headphones to connect automatically again after you used a different Bluetooth device?

On my iPhone if headphones or whatever Bluetooth device isn't automatically connecting I don't have to tap "Forget This Device" and re-pair the device, I just tap the name of the device in the list I want the phone to connect to and it connects.

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #41 of 47
Thorough review! Good work!

There was one point where I was a little confused. Are you needing to "Forget This Device" on the iPhone and re-pair to get it to reconnect period, or are you doing that just to get the headphones to connect automatically again after you used a different Bluetooth device?

On my iPhone if headphones or whatever Bluetooth device isn't automatically connecting I don't have to tap "Forget This Device" and re-pair the device, I just tap the name of the device in the list I want the phone to connect to and it connects.
When using the bluetooth headphone with your mobile phone, usually, if the model number of the bluetooth headphone is not deleted and you didn't use another bluetooth device with your mobile phone after the first use, the bluetooth headphone will be connected to your mobile phone automatically when turning on the bluetooth headphone,(no need to into pairing mode); if the model number of the bluetooth headphone is not deleted and you used another bluetooth device with your mobile phone after the first use, you are gonna have to tap the name of the bluetooth headphone to connect it with your mobile phone when turning on the bluetooth headphone. Hope you can understand the explanation. :)

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #42 of 47
When using the bluetooth headphone with your mobile phone, usually, if the model number of the bluetooth headphone is not deleted and you didn't use another bluetooth device with your mobile phone after the first use, the bluetooth headphone will be connected to your mobile phone automatically when turning on the bluetooth headphone,(no need to into pairing mode); if the model number of the bluetooth headphone is not deleted and you used another bluetooth device with your mobile phone after the first use, you are gonna have to tap the name of the bluetooth headphone to connect it with your mobile phone when turning on the bluetooth headphone. Hope you can understand the explanation. :)

I definitely understand, I was just wondering if he was having issues or didn't know that you could just tap the name of the device instead of deleting the device's profile and re-pairing.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #43 of 47

Yes, that is what I had to do. When I used the BT of another DAP, then returned to my iPhone I had to "forget" the MS301, then pair again. This did not happen all the time, but did happen. When I used my iPhone back to back with the MS301, I had no connectivity issues, they connected immediately upon turning the BT on my phone. It was only when another DAP butted in, did I have to use the forget path.

But, once connected regardless of the device, I had no problems what so ever with the MS301. Perfect connectivity.

Jul 2, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #44 of 47
Yes, that is what I had to do. When I used the BT of another DAP, then returned to my iPhone I had to "forget" the MS301, then pair again. This did not happen all the time, but did happen. When I used my iPhone back to back with the MS301, I had no connectivity issues, they connected immediately upon turning the BT on my phone. It was only when another DAP butted in, did I have to use the forget path.

But, once connected regardless of the device, I had no problems what so ever with the MS301. Perfect connectivity.

Thanks for the clarification. I was just curious. I usually don't have to "Forget This Device" on the iPhone, but there have been odd times where I had issues and had to. My Windows 10 PC often had issues with re-connecting with some Bluetooth devices and deleting the device profile is something I had to do quite a few times on that platform.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #45 of 47
@ngoshawk @LNuneek sorry that I'm a little confused. Do you guys mean after you used the bluetooth headphone with another DAP like a computer, you are gonna have to forget the device on your iphone and go through the pairing steps again to connect it to your iphone? :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back