Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!
Apr 1, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #601 of 812
^ I wouldnt call them gaming headphones but the imaging(positional accuracy) is pretty good as well as realistic sound. You wont get that much rumble though or feel explosions etc. The soundstage is decent and a little bigger than most closed backs but nothing to boast about. I would call it a really musical headphone.

I have never tried surround sound gear but you will also need an amp to get the best out of them.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #602 of 812
Zach just gave me an offer hard to resist, but is it worth to change from Q701 + magni to ZMF + magni? I saw some post saying ZMF sounds thin with magni. verification please? my DAC is dacport lx if that matters

I'm getting the Dacport (with the built in amp) as a nice portable option and for my bedroom so I will let you know. I'm guessing the Magni with the Dacport LX will be better. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #603 of 812
  1. Noobandroid,
  2. Regarding the ZMF (V2 rewired with copper for me) and the magni, I am happy with the combo. When I picked up the ZMF at Zack's place I brought my magni so was able to compare it with its Lyr. Magni sounded brighter (to me it seems cleaner while the Lyr has a warm intimist sound). Even Zack was impressed of the result for 99$. I didn't have bassy music with me, so I could compare this aspect but mostly listen to rock/metal and I get really good results.
   I hope it helps 

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #608 of 812
Soon everyone will want a Z-Vibe.
L3000.gif

I know I do. I just got the ZMF V1 and I love them, but I just can't pass up on the Z-Vibe as you call them. Already put a classified up even. So if anyone in Europe wants the TOTL ZMF V1.. 
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #609 of 812
I know I do. I just got the ZMF V1 and I love them, but I just can't pass up on the Z-Vibe as you call them. Already put a classified up even. So if anyone in Europe wants the TOTL ZMF V1.. :wink:

Wait till it comes out before you sell. Someone lucky is going to snag yours: it's one of the best-looking ones ever made.

Apr 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #610 of 812
Wait till it comes out before you sell. Someone lucky is going to snag yours: it's one of the best-looking ones ever made.

Well I have some nice speakers to keep me company until then. I already asked Zach if he has a ballpark releasedate. Don't want to be short on money when the day arrives 
biggrin.gif
 And yes, they look incredible 
beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #612 of 812
So I am listening to the VIBRO tester and the things that strike me right away:

the soundstage isnt as big of a difference as I expected. What trips me out is how forward it still is with the Alpha pads on them still. So a little more soundstage if any but .....

THAT BASS!!!! better and stronger than the MD PRO easily!!!! plus the mids are still clear as day if not more clear and natural. Its a VERY well rounded headphone. 

I just want to say this. Its the third headphone I have had after the PANDORA VI and LCD2 to have beautiful mids AND Strong solid bass. 

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #613 of 812
  So I am listening to the VIBRO tester and the things that strike me right away:

the soundstage isnt as big of a difference as I expected. What trips me out is how forward it still is with the Alpha pads on them still. So a little more soundstage if any but .....

THAT BASS!!!! better and stronger than the MD PRO easily!!!! plus the mids are still clear as day if not more clear and natural. Its a VERY well rounded headphone. 

I just want to say this. Its the third headphone I have had after the PANDORA VI and LCD2 to have beautiful mids AND Strong solid bass. 

Please tell me more 
L3000.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #614 of 812
  Please tell me more 
L3000.gif

edit heard cause I am just listening to an un mastered model thats not mine. Its supposed to be close to the final product.

I will be too busy to A/B today but I will have some more time later. For me differences dont jump out right away so i will spend time soley with the Vibro then jump back to the others to hear the differences. 

Gelocks AD should be here soon as well so at this point though I can tell they will sounds VERRRRYYY different. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back