Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable price
Dec 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #199 of 1,182
i was actually interested in that A100 amp as well, looking forward to hearing your opinions on it, the insides look quite sturdy too, and i like those indicators hehe :wink: what kind of headphone are you going to use with it?

Dec 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #200 of 1,182

Quote:
i was actually interested in that A100 amp as well, looking forward to hearing your opinions on it, the insides look quite sturdy too, and i like those indicators hehe :wink: what kind of headphone are you going to use with it?

All of them!

Seriously though I've got a few, see my profile.

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #201 of 1,182

Quote:
Quote:

All of them!

Seriously though I've got a few, see my profile.

Cool - i'm interested how this amp drives the 650s :D

Dec 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #203 of 1,182

Quote:
One more thing, on min vol there's still output leaking to HP outs. I can faintly hear music in HP connected and Vol pot at 0 vol. =\

I don't seem to have this problem at all. I tested my D100 (without Darkvoice 337) through IEMs and full-size on both the Low and High jacks. No sound leakage at all on 0 volume. Maybe yours is defective?
confused.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #204 of 1,182
That is one nice looking headphone amp!

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #205 of 1,182
High Five! I probably won't be buying the amp myself, but I sure am curious what your review reads.

Yulong should have really sent you a sample unit for review after the last one you did!

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #206 of 1,182
Quote:
One more thing, on min vol there's still output leaking to HP outs. I can faintly hear music in HP connected and Vol pot at 0 vol. =\

I don't seem to have this problem at all. I tested my D100 (without Darkvoice 337) through IEMs and full-size on both the Low and High jacks. No sound leakage at all on 0 volume. Maybe yours is defective?
confused.gif

idk... i guess I could email the designer on the address from the manual.

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #207 of 1,182

Quote:
Quote:

confused.gif

Where did you bought your D100 and what's the serial number ?

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #208 of 1,182
Where did you bought your D100 and what's the serial number ?

audiophilechina online store, 0134

I know, I'm probably out of control, but I couldn't resist. I just ordered a Yulong A100 amp to match my D100, as well as a little U100. In my defense, the U100 is going to be gift for someone. I'll review it first though.

Yulong A100:

S

the amp looks very nice, but after getting a D100, I don't know if a separate amp from Yulong as well has much of a point (pretty sure at the back it only has line in inputs http://coolfungadget.com/store/image/cache/data/Yulong%20A100/FhqFY-500x500.jpg)

U100 looks interesting though..http://www.audiophilechina.com/cp-show.asp?C_id=223&S_id2=57&s_id=

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #209 of 1,182

Quote:
the amp looks very nice, but after getting a D100, I don't know if a separate amp from Yulong as well has much of a point (pretty sure at the back it only has line in inputs http://coolfungadget.com/store/image/cache/data/Yulong%20A100/FhqFY-500x500.jpg)

U100 looks interesting though..http://www.audiophilechina.com/cp-show.asp?C_id=223&S_id2=57&s_id=

I too was a bit puzzled as to why they didn't have a balanced option. The D100 does balanced, so why not the matching amp? It doesn't matter though. As nice as the built in amp is, you can still get an improvement from something better (usually pretty expensive), and single ended can sound just as good as balanced in some situations. I'm hoping the A100 is a beast. Perhaps it is just focused on sound at the expense of convenience (since it only has a single stereo pair of inputs). We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back