REVIEW: Yarland P100 tube headphone amp (pics)
Nov 28, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #16 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairbanks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can send a picture to you and you could post it since I don't know how to post a picture from here.

Gladly... send it at full size, uncompressed, just how you see it after taking the photo and I'll do the rest.
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #17 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAlliN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gladly... send it at full size, uncompressed, just how you see it after taking the photo and I'll do the rest.
wink.gif

I'll need your regular e-mail address.

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #21 of 207
Yep.

My biggest issue with the Yarland is the PCB-mounted tube sockets which are mounted the way they are - this is not an amp that will handle a lot of tube-rolling. But it is a very nice sounding amp.

Nov 29, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #23 of 207
Quote:

Hi Skylab,I've been rolling tubes in and out for almost two years without any problems.I not sure what you mean about limited tube rolling.

I thinks he means, he's used to ones with solid mounting, which can't be handled from outside. You just have to be more careful with Yarland. Guess I'll give it a try since is the only good AMP in this price range available in my country.
beerchug.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #24 of 207
According to YARLAND's website, the P100 has been upgraded with "improved output transformer structure".
biggrin.gif
It is also good to see a European distributor for the P100, located in Holland, with very reasonable shipping rates to the UK - about £25. They are currently awaiting a new batch from YARLAND, upgraded with CLARITY CAPS in the output stage.

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to YARLAND's website, the P100 has been upgraded with "improved output transformer structure".
biggrin.gif
It is also good to see a European distributor for the P100, located in Holland, with very reasonable shipping rates to the UK - about £25. They are currently awaiting a new batch from YARLAND, upgraded with CLARITY CAPS in the output stage.

Yup,Sound&Vision the USA distributor are awaiting these new units as well.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #26 of 207
Quote:

Hi Skylab,I've been rolling tubes in and out for almost two years without any problems.I not sure what you mean about limited tube rolling.

Over time it would worry that the stress on the PCB of changing tubes would be a problem. But I'm glad you have had no problems - that speaks well for the Yarland!

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

And the name of this distributor?

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #28 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over time it would worry that the stress on the PCB of changing tubes would be a problem. But I'm glad you have had no problems - that speaks well for the Yarland!

Actually,I upgraded the tube pins to better pins so there quite firm.Also I was going to ask you to do a review of the new Yarland amp when it arrives.I'm told they'll be here in a month or so.Also I'll make sure you get a fully loaded one this time since there only 20 minutes from my home.

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #29 of 207
Yeah, sure - love to review the new Yarland!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back