[REVIEW] UE Triple Fi 10 and the Twisted Adventures of Cables
May 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #31 of 42
I think it's more your unlucky :p I know a lot of people who have had good longevity from the TF10 cable. Can you be more clear what has happened to the memory wire but. Does its still function as a cable or what?

May 23, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #32 of 42
Hey Swimsonny, PM me when you have free time. I'd like to thank you and maybe get a bead on who/where you are haha :)

Publicly,
I want to thank you for writing a review good or bad on my cables. I really don't expect to get famous or make a ton of money off this so this is just a labor of love for you folks. I'm not saying that to look cool, I curse on head-fi and troll as much as anybody out there but honestly it's pretty sick to see my name come up.

This was totally unsolicited to the point where I can't even associate your user name with anybody I know.

Thank you very much and I hope you continue to enjoy them, they do actually burn in which is kind of hard for me to explain since it's already sort of mindblowing that cables even make a difference (even to me initially!) that I tend not to want to go into detail but it sort of becomes a different monster after 100 hours.

May 23, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #33 of 42
Hey,

It was actually a pleasure to review your product. I Actually loaned the TF10s and cables off of another head fier! So they were all fully burned in and and the difference was as I mentioedn very noticeable!

I think it's good to see someone doing this for this reason and making some awesome products! Keep it up!

Just sent you a PM.

Jul 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #34 of 42
Can't believe I missed this. I added a link to this to the master list in my signature to the Jaben ES8 cable and the Headphone Lounge Silver Ray cable. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #36 of 42
It's a work in progress. I am working to add two new fields, 'Mic?' and 'Guage' to the list. Some cables seem to be coming in multiple different guages these days. I think it's time soon to get the list back into a thread. I plan to contact certain reviewers and companies about using their images to have the list spread out over a few posts with small descriptions from the manufacturers websites and links to the reviews as well as the rest of the information contained in the list. Last time I had a thread for it it was shut down due to MOT's posting to get their cables included. I'll be sure to include a disclaimer at the top of the first post this time if I decide to go ahead with the thread. It's a lot of work and it's hard deciding if some cables make the list or not. I mean this in the way that some cables are produced using pins smaller than the ones used for UE TF10's, which I can't figure out why they would, but it happens. I don't include cables that are just stock cables sold by IEM manufacturers and ones that won't properly work. The thread would allow me to have a list of the ones I've found that I am unsure about or have been 100% confirmed as not the right size by other members. I think the only cable I've found that I haven't included yet is the magnus or magnum cable from Heir Audio. It's been a bit debatable whether it should make the list, but I think i'll add it later when I work more on the mic support section. Guage's will take some time to add.
Quote:
Haha, you found it eventually at least
wink.gif
okay just checked the link, nice lil thing you have there
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #37 of 42
Fair enough, go ahead with the thread, that will be good and you can use my pics.

The thread would be nice if you done it in a format like jokers round up so picture and then information, no scores or anything.

Also fit ear have a few after market cables for there IEMs.

Jul 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #38 of 42
Where? I only see one and it's a replacement of their stock cable, which I do not include in the list
Quote:
Fair enough, go ahead with the thread, that will be good and you can use my pics.
The thread would be nice if you done it in a format like jokers round up so picture and then information, no scores or anything.
Also fit ear have a few after market cables for there IEMs.

Jul 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #40 of 42
I found what you were talking about. They are all each different stock replacement cables for their own models of Fit Ears.....aka, straight replacement cables. Those dont make the cut for the list since most are all made by the same company under contract for each of the manufacturers. It's basically the same stuff. Same wire, same shape, same everything.
Quote:
I saw it on the fit eat threads, there's like a 00000 and a 0001 or something!

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #42 of 42
I just bought a pair of used TripleFi 10s on on amazon.com, and was a little disappointed at first listen, of the recessed mids (I just have a personal preference of a more balanced sound). They came from the previous owner with a pair of custom cables from http://www.custom-iem.com called "Sapphire". When the cables started showing some wear I order the FiiO RC-UE2 cables off of amazon to have some backup cables. I was surprised to hear that the FiiO cables seemed to have boosted the mids of my UE10s. It may just be my imagination, but if it is not, I am very impressed that one set of headphones can sound so differently with just a change of cable. Both sounds are great, I just prefer the more neutral sound for casual listening.

Thanks for the great review that started this thread. I am convinced now, more than ever, that the sound preference is very subjective and that spending a fortune on a set of headphones may not give you the sound signature that you enjoy best. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back