[REVIEW] The Ultraportable Aiaiai Tracks: Basseus Maximus
Apr 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #16 of 19
Hey guys, I recently bought my own pair of Tracks. However I found them reeeeally harsh sounding right out of the box... Did you experience the same? How much burn in did you gave them?

Thanks!!

May 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 19
I recently got my own pair of Tracks and I haven't noticed any harshness. They have really nice highs, but never harsh or painful to listen to. Maybe it's a problem with your source?

May 23, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #18 of 19
Hi there, 
just wanted to chime into this thread as I am totally amazed by the Aiaiai Tracks I recently bought and just felt like I need to share the experience. Sound and music always had a huge impact on my life (which might be the reason I am professionally involved in the recording business), and I enjoy listening to well-made music of all styles whenever I can. 

Close friends call me a headphone fanatic and they're pretty much right, my collection of headphones includes the Audeze LCD-2, AKG Q701, Sennheiser HD25-1, Sony 7506 and V-Moda M80. 

Looking for a set of ultraportables for my iPhone to fill in the spot that was once occupied by a pair of Fischer Audio Oldskool 70s (which got mangled by my cat), I discovered the Aiaiai Tracks.

At the first listen, I was pretty much amazed by the bass these critters project relative to their size while maintaining a crystal clear top end. The sound signature could be described as highly detailed "hifi", which is far away from linear. Still, I have yet to discover a track in my music collection that doesn't sound good on the Tracks. I need to underline that it's pretty hard to design a tasteful "hifi" sound signature on small headphones, else you might end up with something like the *pseudo-bass-heavy* muffled AKG Q460s, *mid-brick-y* Sennheiser sound or the dreadful Ultrasone Zino (that, imho, sounds like *milled rusk*). The tracks are simply *fun* to listen on. 

The design itself, while apparently using a closed capsule approach, is rather open and wide, in other words, the listener isn't isolated from the outside world as drastically as with other types of headphones that actually surround your ears, which is a good thing to me, especially when making skype or phone calls with the iPhone. That being said, I feel like being carried away in a world of my own when listening to music (also on moderate levels), but just quickly pressing the center button to pause the music enables you to communicate with others without having to take the cans off. 

Another thing that needs to be pointed out is that, at least in my case, the lightweight Tracks are almost not felt on the head or the ears when being worn. I can listen to music all night long without getting that dreadful *clamped* feeling that pops up whenever I wear the M80s for a longer period of time (for example). 

Just to make sure I can enjoy this particular sound signature this way for a longer period, I just ordered another pair of Tracks, a thing I normally don't do.

BIG recommendation for all lovers of music!

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #19 of 19
I love these little guys. The bass is amazing: I was listening to Felix Da Housecat, and the Tracks had my brain rumbling around in my skull. :L3000: They are so comfortable too - one of my favorites for when I don't feel like dealing with components and heavy cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back