[Review] The Thinksound On1 On-Ear Headphones - A Prodigious Set Of Wooden Headphones
Jan 30, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #46 of 59
If you want, I could update my review with mod suggestions based on your experiences.

The toilet paper mod should be common knowledge by now :p, treble issues are often a dealbreaker on an otherwise balanced headphones for many people, it's easier to try a few mods before you choose to sell your pair if the only issue is a hot treble.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #50 of 59
Just FYI these headphones are $199.00 on Amazon and are regularly $299. Got the notification through Facebook. Not sure for how long. 

If I was looking for another set of headphones I would grab them. I love my MS01 IEM's. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #53 of 59
  Just FYI these headphones are $199.00 on Amazon and are regularly $299. Got the notification through Facebook. Not sure for how long. 

If I was looking for another set of headphones I would grab them. I love my MS01 IEM's. 

beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #56 of 59
I posted a few times in this thread - I like the On1's,
but they broke last night while I had them on.

Will scout out the mfg and see if I can get them
repaired.  I would not buy another pair of them
because IMO the build quality is suspect.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #57 of 59
Hey @vlenbo,

Have you had any run ins with Grado cans? I'm looking into getting a pair of 325e's for myself as my open/exciting pair and am concerned with their sound. I find the Thinksounds to be very detailed and relaxed, with good instrument placement and separation. My concern is that I got the SR80e's for my girlfriend and I've had a listen to them and they are not nearly as great sounding as my ON1's. I like their sound profile (exciting and fun) but I'd like to know whether the 325e's are a big step up into the same game as the ON1's? Do they have more detail and better placement when compared with the 80e's?

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #58 of 59
Hi all, just bumping this old thread to see long term experiences with the On1. I'm interested in getting them directly from Thinksoun.d
Anyone have updates on comfort, sound, portability? I travel a lot and would be using them on planes, etc, throwing them into a backpack, so the folding/size is important.
Thanks all!

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #59 of 59
I sold mine because I wasn't listening much on the go, but they're decently portable and comfortable for me. I still have access to them sometimes and I still enjoy the sound very much. I modded that pair to lower the bass a few dB. They fold relatively compact but I wouldn't throw them naked into a backpack, the cups would scratch and certain pieces of the headband don't look too sturdy, I'd get a compact hard case for them. It's a good package, it'd be sweeter if it was priced around $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back