[Review] The Thinksound On1 On-Ear Headphones - A Prodigious Set Of Wooden Headphones
Jan 27, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #32 of 59

I think the company offers a free modification to prevent that,
which has been incorporated into their more recent production headphones.

I have the new pairs with the metal clasp. That's not where they're cracking. They are cracking where you slide the cups up and down to adjust for head size. This is the second pair that cracked there. The first pair cracked at the clasp which is now metal. All in all, if they were just to replace the plastic with metal or a more robust type of plastic and include a better carrying case they'd have a very hard to beat portable.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #33 of 59

I have the new pairs with the metal clasp. That's not where they're cracking. They are cracking where you slide the cups up and down to adjust for head size. This is the second pair that cracked there. The first pair cracked at the clasp which is now metal. All in all, if they were just to replace the plastic with metal or a more robust type of plastic and include a better carrying case they'd have a very hard to beat portable.

Thx for the explanation.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #34 of 59
I really urge people habing sibilance problems to try the toiler paper mod; just place a circle of TP over the driver grille under the pads. I'm currently using 3-ply paper with one ply removed, so it is really 2 layers of paper.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #37 of 59
The treble is fine with most of my music, but there are tracks that are simply painful to listen to if I don't tame the highs a bit.

I've replaced the stock pads multiple times, are you trying to put a new pair of on1 pads or are they from another vendor?

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #39 of 59
Did you remove the rings or just pulled the pads off?... There's a ring that twists and locks into place, it's easier to put the earpad on the ring and then attach the earpad to the baffle by twisting clockwise.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #40 of 59
Did you remove the rings or just pulled the pads off?... There's a ring that twists and locks into place, it's easier to put the earpad on the ring and then attach the earpad to the baffle by twisting clockwise.

Ah, ok. I was wondering about that. I just pulled off the earpad. I'll try to take the ring off. 

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #41 of 59
The ring should be pretty easy to replace. If you find that the earpad slides around the ring when trying to lock it into place, just try to get ahold of the ring from the perimeter of the earpad and push down gently and twist.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #42 of 59
I love this headphone, but the fact that it is on ear is a turn off for me, my ear is very sensitive, it hurt after a while, other than that the sound is amazing!

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #43 of 59
  I love this headphone, but the fact that it is on ear is a turn off for me, my ear is very sensitive, it hurt after a while, other than that the sound is amazing!

I used to think that but now I can literally wear them all day without discomfort. Comfort for me is very very good after a while.

Jan 30, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #45 of 59
  The plastic is weak. I've had 3 pairs crack on me.

That's pretty unfortunate, :frowning2:

Right now, I experienced some tearing on my earpads, but thank goodness for Thinksound's warranty.
They are very comfortable for me as well, but not all heads are made the same.

They are not very sturdy, especially the gimbals, but they more than make up for it by being able to be folded into a sturdy case and occupying less space than seemingly smaller portables that don't fold.

I agree, the plastic shell of the headband had me concerned. It looked and felt pretty flimsy.

However, It does stretch well, and I had no cracks on mine as of now. :)

That is definitely unfortunate, I did not experience this problem at the moment. I hope I do not ever encounter this problem.

As for the carrying case, I definitely agree about it. Luckily, Audio Technica is releasing a new carrying case that should do over and on ear headphones justice!
I really urge people habing sibilance problems to try the toiler paper mod; just place a circle of TP over the driver grille under the pads. I'm currently using 3-ply paper with one ply removed, so it is really 2 layers of paper.

If you want, I could update my review with mod suggestions based on your experiences.
  I've never noticed even a hint of sibilance with the three pairs I've heard. The highs are smooth to my ears.

Likewise, as I only heard sibilance at certain high volumes and when the headphone was listened to out of box.

I'm sorry to hear that, but hopefully thinksound will create an over-ear to appease masses that love having their ears covered. Did you try to replace the ear pads, or stretch the headband?

I used to think that but now I can literally wear them all day without discomfort. Comfort for me is very very good after a while.

+1

Especially if you stretch the headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back