Review: the Cyclone PR1 Pro - Another $50 bang/buck heavyweight
Nov 18, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #31 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by lavinachtani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ohh god now i am so damn confused. All this while i had my mind set on getting the RE2+E5 combo . But now this thing comes along and then the RE0 sale.
I really cant choose so i think i will go with your choice. Of these 3 if you had to pick only one which one would you go with.
The RE0 excel in detail but how are the PR1 details wise when compared to RE2?

OK maybe this will clear things up:

Detail: ------- RE0 > PR1 > RE2
Soundstage: - PR1 > RE0 > RE2
Separation: -- RE0 >= PR1 > RE2
Clarity: ------ RE0 > PR1 >= RE2
Mids: -------- RE0 > PR1 >= RE2
Treble: ------ RE0 > PR1 > RE2
Bass (quality): PR1 >= RE0 > RE2+E5
Bass (qty):--- PR1 > RE0 >= RE2+E5

Some of these gradations are very small, but as you guys can see the RE2 pretty much comes dead last imho. At the $39 price point for the RE2+E5 it is outclassed by the PR1 on every level. Whether the upgrade to the RE0 is worth the extra ~$35 depends on how tight you are on finances. Price being no object I still think the RE0 is a better all-around phone, but the PR1 may be better value for money.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #32 of 244
Ok that comparision was gr8. My budget was around 50 for the iems and another 15 for a koss ksc75 ( my sennheiser px100 broke recently ) . So even when on discount the RE0 were a little out of my budget but then i thought mebbe i could stretch it a little and get the ksc75 later. But now i guess i will go with the PR1. That leaves some money free to buy the KSC75 too. I hope the build quality is good. Where can i buy these from?

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #34 of 244
Hmm interesting.Nobody noticed that?
This thread's pictures url's are same as on Ebay's ones.Even that case ones.Both contact to this user.
Noticed it on thread start date.There wasnt any "edit" in this review on that start date but there was an item with that pictures on ebay.
Well just wantto say it.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #35 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by qd1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm interesting.Nobody noticed that?
This thread's pictures url's are same as on Ebay's ones.Even that case ones.Both contact to this user.Well just wantto say it.
Noticed it on thread start date.

My pictures are hosted on imageshack. The ebay seller contacted me and asked if he could use my pictures, which I said in my original post at the bottom. He rehosted them on photobucket for some reason. Either way I don't see your point.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #36 of 244
On that start date when i checked url's,its stayed in my mind like "their url's are same too".Hmmm.Then i just mixed that links.But well i noticed that images are same as that seller on 10-26/27 before edit.Then seller are too late for asking a permission.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #37 of 244
My pictures got hot-linked to commercial sites so badly (and none of them asked me) that I actually need to upgrade to Photobucket Pro (money paid
frown.gif
) just so they won't shut my account down. Well, it happens.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #39 of 244
Hi all.. newbie from Malaysia.. this is my 1st post.. don't know where to do an intro : )
icon10.gif

ClieOS, nice to 'see' you here
dt880smile.png

How is this PR1 Pro campare to other IEMs such as Soundmagic PL50, Music Valley SP1, Vsonic R02 ProII etc in terms of detail, soundstage, seperation, clarity, mid, treble, bass quality and quantity?

thx..

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #40 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My pictures got hot-linked to commercial sites so badly (and none of them asked me) that I actually need to upgrade to Photobucket Pro (money paid
frown.gif
) just so they won't shut my account down. Well, it happens.

Ouch. I'd probably say screw it and re-host elsewhere. This guy asked for permission a while ago (when the review first came up) but I didn't bother checking if he actually put them up since I figured on a $50+shipping price, same as elsewhere. My pictures aren't really good enough for me to have any problems with people using them
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerketi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the review did it, bought one from the ebay link. Man I am going to hate this place sooner or later...

My apologies
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckchan526 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all.. newbie from Malaysia.. this is my 1st post.. don't know where to do an intro : )
icon10.gif

ClieOS, nice to 'see' you here
dt880smile.png

How is this PR1 Pro campare to other IEMs such as Soundmagic PL50, Music Valley SP1, Vsonic R02 ProII etc in terms of detail, soundstage, seperation, clarity, mid, treble, bass quality and quantity?

thx..

Sorry, I've never heard the SP1 or the VSonics. I can compare to the PL50 though:

Detail: --------- PR1 >= PL50
Soundstage: --- PR1 > PL50
Separation: ---- PR1 >= PL50
Clarity: -------- PR1 > PL50
Mid: ----------- PL50 > PR1
Treble: -------- PL50 >= PR1
Bass (quantity): PR1 >= PL50 (PL50 can be eq'd a lot though)
Bass (quality): - PR1 >= PL50

(>=) means I can't conclusively say but I prefer one to the other

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #43 of 244
I ordered a pair from the ebay seller. Hope they show up. Not expecting them to replace the S4s or course, but interested in an RE0-like experience for $45. I also have a pair of 252s coming for review, and will be interesting to hear the difference with this phone.

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #44 of 244
Call me synical but I am a little sceptical about the review. How come you get a free review sample? And obvously if its a bad review you wont get any more. Plus the only place I see them for sale shares the pictures with the reviewer. I am not accusing just want to know how you get the review stuff and how come there only on ebay at the same time as the review was posted. If its a new phone will it be available from other outlets (Fang etc)

Before I put down my dollars I want to see if anyone else has tried them (a second opinion)

Nov 20, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #45 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by elanma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call me synical but I am a little sceptical about the review. How come you get a free review sample? And obvously if its a bad review you wont get any more. Plus the only place I see them for sale shares the pictures with the reviewer. I am not accusing just want to know how you get the review stuff and how come there only on ebay at the same time as the review was posted. If its a new phone will it be available from other outlets (Fang etc)

Before I put down my dollars I want to see if anyone else has tried them (a second opinion)

I get lots of free review samples. So do maaaany of the reviewers here. Does that mean all of my reviews are biased? If I write a bad review I risk not getting anymore samples, true. But if I write a good review that is false, I risk not having anyone read any review I ever write again, a much bigger issue. If you think free samples bias reviews, you should probably not read any - a huge chunk of online reviews work just like that, even amazon "Vibe" reviews...

The picture was explained already. My review is the first google search result for the Cyclones, and has been from day one. I'm not really surprised an ebay seller, especially one that I have communicated with before, used my pictures. There are hundreds of headphones not available in the US and thousands not available from Fang. Fischer Audio models come to mind. Cyclone doesn't have any distribution channels in the US, but you can order their products from several Asian e-tailers if you don't trust ebay.

Also, if you didn't notice, jant71 posted a second opinion and he seems to agree with me, but maybe I paid him off... You're a little new here - perhaps you should stick around a little longer before making accusations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back