Review: The BIG Yuin Comparison (PK series - OK series)
Feb 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #63 of 75
When looking at the specs I wonder whether OK1/PK1 and OK2/PK2 have the same drivers in different cases, with OK having that alternative in-ear mode. However, OK consistently are ranked above its PK counterpart.

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #65 of 75
Hello,

I have had the Yuin ok2 for a couple of years, listening primarily to orchestral music. The only negative for me is that the sound is 'thin,' and this becomes especially conspicuous when a full orchestra is playing. Any thoughts on whether the PK2 have a 'fuller' sound?

Thanks
Ed

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #66 of 75
From memory, I would agree with you said about the thin sound of the OK2.  The PK2 does sound fuller especially when using the donut foamies which leads me to ask, what foams, if any are you using with your OK2? I hope you're not using the iem attachments as IMO, I found it along with the OK1 an absolute fail in a novel idea gone wrong.

I would pick up the PK2 on massdrop for a good price.  However, it expires in a few hours.

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #67 of 75
Hello,

I have had the Yuin ok2 for a couple of years, listening primarily to orchestral music. The only negative for me is that the sound is 'thin,' and this becomes especially conspicuous when a full orchestra is playing. Any thoughts on whether the PK2 have a 'fuller' sound?

Thanks
Ed
you should try Shozy Cygnus for full sounds, not pk2

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #69 of 75
N
From memory, I would agree with you said about the thin sound of the OK2.  The PK2 does sound fuller especially when using the donut foamies which leads me to ask, what foams, if any are you using with your OK2? I hope you're not using the iem attachments as IMO, I found it along with the OK1 an absolute fail in a novel idea gone wrong.

I would pick up the PK2 on massdrop for a good price.  However, it expires in a few hours.

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #72 of 75
Does anybody know where replacement OK style rubber covers can be found?
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Head-Direct/Yuin_OK3/images/thebundle_2.jpg
(the ones on the right)
I really like these since they offer a good balance of openness/isolation. Been using the rubber rims but they are a bit too "open" sounding.

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #73 of 75
Nov 6, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #75 of 75
Received the order of those silicone covers and fitted them to the earphones I have.
Perforations are fewer than the original OK3 covers, and they are located closer to the center. Overall they are decent substitutes for the OK3 covers.

For other earphones, when the holes of the earpiece is blocked, highs are dampened.
The Edifiers have many holes nearer to the rim, so I cut the centers out of one set of covers to make donut covers. These block more of the rear which I believe improves isolation over typical rubber rims.

Also, I found what I think is the original OK3 cover manufacturer, unfortunately 10000 pc. min. order.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/replacement-silicone-rubber-ear-tip-ear_738503810.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back