[REVIEW] TDK BA200 - Smooth & Classy
May 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:
I have had the ASG-1s for a month and a half.
I almost can't listen to them becuase of their fit to my ears, I do not get a proper seal. I had tested them for maybe an hour in total over a month LoL so I cannot be sure if I like htem or not.

Can not believe i didn't know you had them shah. Yeh, dubbed had a bad fit and they made his ears sore. I guess you have the same problem. Without the seal they sound quite horrible so its a shame to hear about that!

May 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:
Pressure build up :/

okay, yeh i have never really suffered from this with any IEM other than a little suction which indicates a good seal.. That is rather peculiar. 
I could only suggest that you do have to get some new tips and probably of different sizes.

May 25, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 29
The pressure problem isn't even half as pronounced when I'm using the phones at home, ie stationary.

I'm baffled, never used to have problems with IEMs, it was like find the right-fitting stock ones, and bam, go!

Will prolly give the grey flex's a go soon..

May 28, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:
The pressure problem isn't even half as pronounced when I'm using the phones at home, ie stationary.

I'm baffled, never used to have problems with IEMs, it was like find the right-fitting stock ones, and bam, go!

Will prolly give the grey flex's a go soon..

This is really quite strange. So its when you move? I mean i have had driver flex issues with dynamic drivers but that is not something that can happen with BA. 

Yeh to be honest thats what i used to do but it is actually a real bad habit. I done that when i first got my crystals and then a bit to late i tried some other tips and the sound went from like a 1/10 to a 6/10 and i could not believe it! The biggest downside of these earphones for me was the stock tips. My mate however loved the stock duals so its not everyone.

I recommend that you do but get genuine ones if your going for it!

Aug 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #21 of 29
Dude, what amp would you recommend to pair with these IEMs to make it sound brighter and punchier? And good luck hunting for the lion is Essex 
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:
Dude, what amp would you recommend to pair with these IEMs to make it sound brighter and punchier? And good luck hunting for the lion is Essex 
biggrin.gif

The hippo cricri is a fairly bright amp so maybe give that a try? And a haha, yeh, we live 5 miles from the zoo and all :wink:

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #23 of 29
I am looking to get a new IEM. I am between R50, HF5 and BA200 which all have similar price. For no amp, laptop / smartphone as a source what would be your recommendation?

My previous IEM that i own are the EP830 and CK7 and i thought to jump onto the BA area now that the cost has dropped significantly . I like them both but i want something better.

From what i have been reading for the past days i am leaning towards the BA200 but i would like a second opinion

Thanks

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #24 of 29
Can't comment on the HF5, but in R50 and BA200 are different in a sense that the BA200 has a more warm sound with bass that's fast and extends pretty low for a BA while maintaining great detail, but little treble sparkle. R50 has a bit of a flat bass, fast. but makes up for it with better detail, and treble sparkle.

it really depends on what type of music you listen to, but if you;re looking for an all rounder, BA200 may be a wiser choice...

i prefer the BA200, and am pretty satisfied with it.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #25 of 29
Hey far cry! I have heard all three and it is really what your after. The HF5 are the most accurate and neutral with beautiful detailing. The BA200 are the most enjoyable and have a warm and rich vocal centric sound with laid back treble. The R50 is all about being analytical but in a different way to the HF5 with a bit more treble. I think you will be happy with any of the three and i think the easiest to enjoy is the BA200, the technical best is HF5 and well, the R50 is also great a haha!

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #26 of 29
Thanks for your input. The thing is i am looking for more or less the same bass as my CK7 which goes down to 30Hz but they are not bassy like my EP830 which they are overpowered for my taste. Their bass is more elegant if i can use this word. You feel it but not in a stressful, disturbing way. and because of that you can hear much more details in the tracks.

So i would say that R50 are excluded based on your comments. Do you think that BA 200 are better than the HF5 due to the impedance stabiliser so no problem in driving them with no amp? The genres i listen more are pop music, trailer music, gaming movie soundtracks, rock, club dance music. I am not listening musical concert type of stuff nor hip hop. And concerning metal only slightly. Hope that helps

and i would also prefer a bit better positioning for example listening to dolby surround tracks so they would be more suitable for watching movies. To give you an example see here. To give you more of a surround impression that is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PvnlpPWAcZc#t=69s

but this is as a side note.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #27 of 29
The thing is i have not heard either of the two you own!

None of these need an amp so do not worry about that.

I think the BA200 will be a good way for you to go! The HF5 will be to anemic in bass. The R-50 are awesome and have more bass to the HF5 but i still think you will like the BA200 for your music preferences!

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #28 of 29

Thanks for your help. I will give you my impressions when i get them. I also located a deal on the logitech UE 700 for 125$ excluding shipping but BA 200 seems better according to your input on another thread. And also concerning build quality UE700 dont seem to hold up well. Because of being a discontinued product i may run into trouble in the future. BA 200 have also 2 years warranty so it is much better

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #29 of 29
Yep, these're great but totally surpassed by TDK ie800s which at the price are truly the overlooked gems of the iem world. I've owned many & these're so far only bettered by Shure's 535s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back