REVIEW | TDK BA200 | 'BACK TO BLACK'
Apr 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #121 of 174

Quote:
This is real !@#$ good sounding IEM

Mind going into more detail on what makes them good sounding and what you're comparing them to?

On another note, I've been researching Taobao buying agents (this one and this one) and looking into how much these would cost to be shipped straight from China, and it seems like the total shipped price to the USA would be around $140-150 after all the fees. It can be cheaper if you choose a slower shipping method, but I'd rather pay a bit more instead of waiting 15-30 days for a package.

Still on the fence about it though because the warranty would most likely not apply.

Another option is through PChome Global, which is a reputable store in Taiwan that ships internationally, though their price would be closer to $200 shipped to USA. I bought a laptop a couple years ago from them without issue (arrived quickly too).

Then there's Sunny Digital Pro Shop in Hong Kong, which was mentioned in one of the BA200 threads. I don't know how reputable that store is, but it appears that the total cost is around $170 shipped.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #122 of 174

Quote:
Their site looks pretty good.  Can someone comment on pricing for me?  I'm still between a few sets, as mentioned in the previous post. These would be $269 including shipping from London.  Good/Bad?  I think shipping is what really bumps the cost up. 

Their pricing is 229 SGD + 58 (56.9*1.02 http://treoo.com/store/shipping-fees-policy) so that comes up to 222 USD.

I just received the set from them and to me they sound really smooth and lush with very good soundstage. I'm still relatively new to IEMs as I'm more of a headphone person but these are fantastic value for me.

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #123 of 174

Quote:
Let's hope that it is legit! Finally, some hope for people not in Asia...

Isn't there a silver version of the 425? I wouldn't go for the 315 or the TF10, BTW. Anyways, let's see if this place p2A810wner ordered from pans out.

There is a silver version of the 425 which is fine.  Why would you avoid the TF10 - just curious.  He is also right down the street from them - not in the US. That's where it gets tricky :)

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #124 of 174
Quote:
There is a silver version of the 425 which is fine.  Why would you avoid the TF10 - just curious.  He is also right down the street from them - not in the US. That's where it gets tricky :)

Well, the TF10 is a bit mid-recessed, and I wouldn't recommend a mid-recessed IEM to someone who listens to a lot of opera, vocals, etc.

Well, if the store checks out, and the price is legit, and he's willing to help you out, I'd imagine that even with shipping from the UK to US, the total would be cheaper than the other stores you've checked out...

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #127 of 174
Did you guys manage to get it form totalblankmedia  ?

Quote:
Date Ordered: Monday 02 April, 2012

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x TDK BA200 High fidelity (BA200) = £88.99
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £88.99

Lol! Worth the punt at that price! Won't mention were ordered from until we see what comes through my door in case they send something completely different!! 

If they do their head office is just 10 minutes away from my work place I'll go raging in demanding a refund! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #128 of 174
Did you guys manage to get it from totalblankmedia ?

I don't think they ship to the states but there was another site from Taiwan for $200 shipped. Haven't ordered yet - trying to make a final decision between this and Shure.

Apr 7, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #132 of 174
Right guys quick update, a couple of days after my order I heard nothing, sent them an email about my order and they said they were out of stock and back after Easter. Will give it a few more days to see what happens. Before I go in and demand my monies back! 

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #133 of 174

Quote:
Right guys quick update, a couple of days after my order I heard nothing, sent them an email about my order and they said they were out of stock and back after Easter. Will give it a few more days to see what happens. Before I go in and demand my monies back!

Good luck to you! It's fortunate how I can get these so easily here, and at a cheap price too! 

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #135 of 174

Quote:

Let us know how you get on. £88 seems to be about the cheapest price for these.  Readily available for £170 but would rather get a westone for that sort of price.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back