REVIEW | TDK BA200 | 'BACK TO BLACK'
Mar 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #106 of 174

Quote:

The BA200 is also more affordable at MSRP, and at street prices (in the right countries). It's just a shame it's very difficult to find.

Thanks for the response :)  I found a store in London but would there be customs fees shipping to the states?

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #107 of 174
Quote:
Thanks for the response :)  I found a store in London but would there be customs fees shipping to the states?

I don't know what the customs fees would be, but another US user got it from Stereo in Singapore at a pretty good price. I can ask if there were any fees incurred through that purchase...

There may be even better places to buy it, but I'm not aware of it at the moment... TDK distribution really sucks, unfortunately.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #108 of 174
Treoo.com sells it as well. They do ship worldwide and service is fantastic.
I'm getting BA200 from them (ETA 1-2 days) as my previous order for the GR07 fell through due to some issues.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #110 of 174

Quote:
Treoo.com sells it as well. They do ship worldwide and service is fantastic.
I'm getting BA200 from them (ETA 1-2 days) as my previous order for the GR07 fell through due to some issues.

Their site looks pretty good.  Can someone comment on pricing for me?  I'm still between a few sets, as mentioned in the previous post. These would be $269 including shipping from London.  Good/Bad?  I think shipping is what really bumps the cost up. 

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #111 of 174
Quote:
Their site looks pretty good.  Can someone comment on pricing for me?  I'm still between a few sets, as mentioned in the previous post. These would be $269 including shipping from London.  Good/Bad?  I think shipping is what really bumps the cost up. 

What else can you get for the same price out the door? In certain Asian countries, these can be had just a bit more than half that price, but it seems like these sellers don't ship internationally. I wouldn't be disappointed at $269 with regard to SQ, but if you can find something like the Shure SE425, which is almost as good in sound quality with better build quality and local retailers/warranty, I'd say that that's the better buy. The BA200 will hit US store shelves in the fall, and it will almost definitely be priced under the MSRP of $250. If you can wait that long, then that's an even better bet.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #112 of 174
Date Ordered: Monday 02 April, 2012

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x TDK BA200 High fidelity (BA200) = £88.99
Sub-Total: £88.99

Lol! Worth the punt at that price! Won't mention were ordered from until we see what comes through my door in case they send something completely different!! 

If they do their head office is just 10 minutes away from my work place I'll go raging in demanding a refund! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #113 of 174
Quote:

What else can you get for the same price out the door? In certain Asian countries, these can be had just a bit more than half that price, but it seems like these sellers don't ship internationally. I wouldn't be disappointed at $269 with regard to SQ, but if you can find something like the Shure SE425, which is almost as good in sound quality with better build quality and local retailers/warranty, I'd say that that's the better buy. The BA200 will hit US store shelves in the fall, and it will almost definitely be priced under the MSRP of $250. If you can wait that long, then that's an even better bet.

I can get the Shure 425 for around $239 (315 around $175-200), Triplefi 10 for $180. I will admit that the TDK's in black look quite sexy :) I'm not a huge fan of clear.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #114 of 174

Quote:

Products

Lol! Worth the punt at that price! Won't mention were ordered from until we see what comes through my door in case they send something completely different!! 

If they do their head office is just 10 minutes away from my work place I'll go raging in demanding a refund! 
biggrin.gif

Hope they aren't shooting "blanks".
wink_face.gif

Let us know if it's legit.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #116 of 174
Apr 2, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #117 of 174
Apr 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #118 of 174
Quote:

Products

biggrin.gif

Let's hope that it is legit! Finally, some hope for people not in Asia...

Quote:
I can get the Shure 425 for around $239 (315 around $175-200), Triplefi 10 for $180. I will admit that the TDK's in black look quite sexy
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not a huge fan of clear.

Isn't there a silver version of the 425? I wouldn't go for the 315 or the TF10, BTW. Anyways, let's see if this place p2A810wner ordered from pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back