Review Tago Studio T3-01
Nov 21, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #31 of 124
Any update on the Tagos?

tenor.gif
Yup, I had a good chance to spend some quality time with today and yesterday.

Here's my vague thoughts: despite the pads being on the small size, the comfort is actually very good. I enjoyed listening to them today and then fell asleep with them on, not through boredom but because the comfort coupled with the smooth presentation was a good experience.

I think they have opened up a little since I've spent some hours with them. On first listen, they sound rather boxy and enclosed, but they now have a cleaner presentation. The tuning is indeed very interesting: natural, yes, insofar as there's no glossy peaks in the FR. They remind me a bit of the HD600 in this respect. They're flat in their presentation, and certainly not what I call "consumer" tuning. If anything, there is what feels like a bit of a bump in the lower mids, which gives a slightly rich but also slightly congested presentation. They're not "airy" headphones, but nor are they warm. Natural.

Interestingly, I found they responded very well to EQ adjustments. They can basically be modified to a v-shape if you want, but that defeats the purpose and also the virtue of the headphones.

In terms of other aspects, because they're abundantly natural, their overall presentation is not about slam, dynamics, and impact. They're refined and as I say rather smoother. Listeners may find this enjoyable or non-engaging depending on their tastes. Technical aspects are ok, not great to be honest. I find the imaging, detail retrieval, and separation a bit soft (I would say the much cheaper MSR7B is stronger in all these respects, to be honest).

I'm not yet sure if I'll keep them. They're 100% a departure from my tastes, which tends to be slightly elevated sub-bass, flat mid-bass/flat-mids, airy/crisp top end. But the more time I've spent with the Tago, the more they've grown on me. Their subtle and certainly deserve a wider audience.

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #32 of 124
https://tagostudio.com/headphones/en/ichiros-malt.php

A bit of digression but still on Tago Studio products!

I have the Tago Studio T3-01 and now they have the newer "「Historic Phone」~Cask of Ichiro’s Malt~", pls see link above. Wonder if anyone done review on this "Historic Phone"?

I love the sound of the T3-01 esp when listening to vocals, and smooth jazz .. it just absorbs me into the music and got literally feeling "drunk" ..

If there is/are reviews done on this pls let me know as I'm interested in it. TIA,

Dec 8, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #33 of 124
Just a little update. I changed the pads for Brainwavz Oval PU leather.
OBR.png

This is endgame for me. Now there is no inclination to sibilance in the treble (maybe just my thing, I'm super sensitive to that) and isolation got better too. Doesn't seem to me the leather pads would add the bass as much as I expected.

Dec 8, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #34 of 124
Just a little update. I changed the pads for Brainwavz Oval PU leather.
OBR.png
This is endgame for me. Now there is no inclination to sibilance in the treble (maybe just my thing, I'm super sensitive to that) and isolation got better too. Doesn't seem to me the leather pads would add the bass as much as I expected.
Can you generally describe the overall signature of this headphone?

Feb 23, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #36 of 124
Feb 23, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #37 of 124
It'd be nice to get a description of what they sound like...

Are there any reviews of this headphone? or the other one?
It's still on pre-order at the moment... and I'm uncertain as to whether or not it adopts the silk-protein diaphragm topology of its older brother, the T3-01. Regardless, I'm definitely following this one closely

Jul 28, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #39 of 124
forgot to ask, what cable replacement can be used with the these phones? I have some focal clears balanced cable on the way and wondering if these cable would fit.

Thanks

(this is the side that goes into the ear cups)
2022-07-29 12_42_00-Ln006747 6.5mm Xlr Balanced 16 Core 99% 7n Occ Earphone Cable For Focal Cl...png

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #40 of 124
Brainwavz oval fit fine. They are just a little bigger therefore looser, but it's not a problem. Any cable with 2.5mm connectors will fit, I was using Meze 99 cable because of the microphone. I'll be selling mine Tagos if anyone would be interested. Haven't had time to put up an ad yet...

Aug 15, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #43 of 124
I got this headphone recently from Japan, this is my second headphone other than my HD600
soundwise, I love the hd600 more than t3-01, which I sometimes feel little dark and warm signature, otherwise it's so far so good, comparable to hd600
the made in Japan aesthetic of this t3-01 melt down my heart everytime I listen with it, definitely would keep it for daily use, especially with the close-back feature it's much easier to use with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back