REVIEW: Swan T200B Desktop Monitors
Feb 2, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #46 of 74
Been reading this thread and really enjoying all the information provided in it as I plan on buying a pair of speakers some time soon.

I have been reading about all the active speakers and have my eye on Rokit 6/8 (s bit big for my limited space), Swan M200 MKIII and now T200B. 

I will be running the speakers from pre-out of my Woo Audio WA2 and am not sure which ones would be best suited for this. I was thinking that in order not to make the sound too warm, I should buy the most neutral ones (seems this would be T200B) and WA2 would add  a tiny bit of warmth.

What do you guys think? Any other recommendations for active speakers that can be bought in the UK?

TIA,

Szadzik

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #47 of 74
Thanks for the review!

I am saving up massively for these but I need to get a DAC worthy of these speakers =D

Aug 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #48 of 74
Sorry to restart an old thread but one quick question: Do the T200B's have grills/ covers to protect the drivers? Im planning on buying speakers and don't want to spend all that money only so I can see someone at college poking a diaphragm. The fact that the M200Mkiii's have those woven covers put them up a bit in the "not being poked at" race.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #51 of 74
Been reading this thread and really enjoying all the information provided in it as I plan on buying a pair of speakers some time soon.

I have been reading about all the active speakers and have my eye on Rokit 6/8 (s bit big for my limited space), Swan M200 MKIII and now T200B. 

I will be running the speakers from pre-out of my Woo Audio WA2 and am not sure which ones would be best suited for this. I was thinking that in order not to make the sound too warm, I should buy the most neutral ones (seems this would be T200B) and WA2 would add  a tiny bit of warmth.

What do you guys think? Any other recommendations for active speakers that can be bought in the UK?

TIA,

Szadzik

How do you like the swans? I'm thinking about getting some and want your opinion ?

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #54 of 74
Quote:
If price is an issue (not saying it is), the Swan M200MkIII is just a few steps below the T200b with a better price point.

I'm going with the Adam A5x's it seems like the detail for my type of music would be better.  

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #56 of 74
Quote:
That's a very neutral and analytical studio monitor.. is that fine with you? It's not very colored or Hi-Fi friendly (so to speak).

Furthermore, with the electro tweeters they are even more directional than normal dome tweeters. If you move around a great deal while listening to music than that may make a difference. Plus, the M200MKIIIs though are very good though. 

Side note--
SwanSong, I saw on another post you were talking about getting the two A5's with a pair of A7 subs. ($2200) If you don't plan to do any monitoring or editing, why not get a nice pair of floor standings/ bookshelf + stands? That way you wont only have to feed it 320/ Flac for it to sound enjoyable. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #57 of 74
Quote:
Furthermore, with the electro tweeters they are even more directional than normal dome tweeters. If you move around a great deal while listening to music than that may make a difference. Plus, the M200MKIIIs though are very good though. 

Side note--
SwanSong, I saw on another post you were talking about getting the two A5's with a pair of A7 subs. ($2200) If you don't plan to do any monitoring or editing, why not get a nice pair of floor standings/ bookshelf + stands? That way you wont only have to feed it 320/ Flac for it to sound enjoyable. 

This. Another suggestion would be the KRK Rokit 5 G2 + KRK 10s Subwoofer, which would be a nice setup if you want a balanced solution. These both would hold their value over time. The biggest issue with the T200b that I see is that many gasp at the MSRP of these puppies, especially for being desktop monitors. Thus, it may not be the best option in the long run.

Now on Herky151's side note, he's got a very good recommendation. You can grab a very nice integrated amplifier along with some bookshelves, like the Bowers & Wilkins 685, along with a decent receiver or integrated amp. Add in a subwoofer and you got yourself a really amazing 2.1 setup.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #58 of 74
If size isn't much of an issue and you don't want to give up your 7" woofers, you could get a pair of these with 6x 7" woofers:
http://www.polkaudio.com/products/rtia9
that would save you $700 for a good receiver. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #59 of 74
Quote:
If size isn't much of an issue and you don't want to give up your 7" woofers, you could get a pair of these with 6x 7" woofers:
http://www.polkaudio.com/products/rtia9
that would save you $700 for a good receiver. 

Yea, but that's $749 each. That brings it down to a total of almost $1500 (excluding shipping). I wouldn't recommend this floorstander, personally. I found it to be too sibilant, and I own the beyerdynamic DT990, which is notorious for its treble (which I love). If you are willing to spend this much, I would stick with HiVi Swan. The Swan Diva 6.1 is an amazing set for $1600 (including shipping).

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #60 of 74
Oh I agree. I was just thinking that since he wanted dual 7" subs, then those might have a plus side. My one issue I had with the swans I have is the shipping was $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back