[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Mar 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #421 of 911
I've had the stock pleather pads on mine for several months and they are very comfortable.  The main thing is to loosen the clamping force on the headphones.  Then after that the pleather pads are fine for comfort.

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #422 of 911
  They now come with an extra set of velours pads. Changing them is easy and can be done in a few minutes, just pull the existing pad of from one side. You will see how they are attached and then just put the others back on, they are quite flexible but being careful is always a good idea.

Cheers,
K

I know, I own the EVO mk2 (with extra velours) for a while and many other Superlux models for years.

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #423 of 911

I know, I own the EVO mk2 (with extra velours) for a while and many other Superlux models for years.

Yeah, I think that info was supposed to go in another thread :wink:

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #425 of 911
The question has already been answered a few messages earlier.
You just pull the existing pads off, from one side. You're in no danger of damaging anything.
The pads are basically sleeved onto the edges of the cups, like a sock.
To install the new ones you just reverse the procedure.
It will take a bit of patience as the new pads are usually very tight, so you'll need to stretch them gradually until they fit.

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #431 of 911
Mine arrived today and they are burning in now. My wife changed out the pads while I held them steady, and it was VERY easy. It took about 1 minute to do each side.

How long of a burn in period is required until they "peak"?

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #432 of 911
i think the biggest change in sound is apparent by 140 hours but burn in isnt completed until around 220 hours.

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #434 of 911
One more thing, I found that burn-in hours with pink noise are more effective than just playing music. That's with burn-in on any piece of gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back