[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Oct 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #796 of 911
  Hello, do you know a guide or tutorial to disassembly an HD681EVO?
I need to check the cable state, because theaudio from the left channel disappears sometimes, and it retourn if i move the cable.

Unscrew a tiny screw on the left side (on the inside above the earcup),and then remove the little silver part on the bottom.That is about it.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #797 of 911
Just to chime in, I popped on the hype train, just got mine today. This is just not supposed to sound that good. Obviously bass is way too much, but again, this thing just should not sound that good. If I had to describe it BIG SOUND.

Will try to antibass mod to tame extreme subbass a little, but it's FUN to listen to! Okay it is not a HD600 in terms of resolution and small details, but for casual listening it's fine.

Edit: I added some extra wool to the backside of the capsules. Now the unbearable subbase rumble is mostly gone, and bass level is at normal, I lost some sensitivity on the other hand. After some listening, this earphone is a bit like when you go to the electronics mall and get astonished by the TVs being so sharp and vibrant color, you take one home and soon it turns out that it's unwatchable and pops your eyes, you try to tune everything down to normal level that sold the unit and seemed so nice for first sight.

This earphone is a bit nervous, small details just do not come through but it tries to compensate with shouting a bit "sharp" and edgy, for first sight it's details but it's just oversaturation. V shape is obvious, even after the antibass mod. Still, I say these should not sound that good for 35USD. Remember I am comparing them to my HD600 ten times that much... You have to pay a big cash for small differences :)

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #798 of 911
Hello guys,

I'm thinking of grabbing these headphones to have a pair of good bass ones, (Right now I own sennheiser hd-598 at home and TTPOD T1-e IEM pods for going outside) I want a pair to use at work since I've got tired of earbuds and my GF steals them from me all the time >.<
I'm looking at jvc Harm-77x and these, price is the same 40$ on amazon. The seperflux seem pretty good allround and focused on bass, anything I should consider when buying these or just go for em?

Thanks in advance

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #800 of 911
Hi!

I bought mine at the end of June, and I noticed today that the band is too loose. I disassembled the right speaker and noticed that the rubber is not attached to the band, it tore off..
again, it's just 4 months old.
So now, I gotta find a way to reattach the rubber to the base so that it's gonna keep the band tightened. Any ideas?
I figured I'm gonna use a needle and a little thread.
I cannot attach a picture yet, but I think those who has seen it disassembled can imagine the problem.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #802 of 911
sorry out topic guys, but is really superlux made an closed back version of hd681 evo called hd662 evo ? I saw it on their website yesterday

Yep. All the guys at diyaudio heaven say its better than anything else superlux has. Also mark did a review, do the search. Also for them to sound amazing you need some tape and a toilet paper. I know how it sounds but im serious.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #803 of 911
Yep. All the guys at diyaudio heaven say its better than anything else superlux has. Also mark did a review, do the search. Also for them to sound amazing you need some tape and a toilet paper. I know how it sounds but im serious.

Did you mean a modified hd681 evo?
I mean hd662 evo like this
5ffb1a1c_img_HD662EVO_l1.jpeg

Also found a review on head-fi bit different real hd662 evo with one in their website

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #804 of 911
  Hello guys,

I'm thinking of grabbing these headphones to have a pair of good bass ones, (Right now I own sennheiser hd-598 at home and TTPOD T1-e IEM pods for going outside) I want a pair to use at work since I've got tired of earbuds and my GF steals them from me all the time >.<
I'm looking at jvc Harm-77x and these, price is the same 40$ on amazon. The seperflux seem pretty good allround and focused on bass, anything I should consider when buying these or just go for em?

Thanks in advance

Other than the weird kinda look on the Superlux that someone also mentioned above, Think of the all day comfort factor as well.
I own the HD598 and the HD681 and use the velour pads on the HD681 and they are very comfortable for working even while mowing the lawn. (with a portable amp on my phone heheh)

Those JVC's pleather looking pads look like they may be uncomfortable / sweaty if you wear for long periods of time... but that is just my thinking since I do not own the or ever used the JVC. 
Let us know when and what you end up getting!

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #806 of 911
Modified 662.check the thread for more info.http://www.head-fi.org/t/816129/superlux-hd662-evo-review-by-mark2410#post_12763720

Below is the DIY Audio Heaven thread about modding the 662EVO.  There is a PDF download file linked in the first post with instructions, pictures, graphs, etc.  I followed this and am happy with the results.  The only knock I have against the 662 is they hurt my ears after about 30 minutes.

http://diyah.boards.net/thread/1169/superlux-hd662-evo

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #807 of 911

Below is the DIY Audio Heaven thread about modding the 662EVO.  There is a PDF download file linked in the first post with instructions, pictures, graphs, etc.  I followed this and am happy with the results.  The only knock I have against the 662 is they hurt my ears after about 30 minutes.

http://diyah.boards.net/thread/1169/superlux-hd662-evo

Clamp too strong? Easy fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpffkWPY6Dk

Nov 3, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #808 of 911

Clamp too strong? Easy fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpffkWPY6Dk

Nah.  I have large ears so the bottom of the pads causes the lower part of the ears to fold.  I actually took them apart and cut the rubber support bands to get more downward extension out of the ear cups.  It helped a little, but didn't fix the issue.   

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #809 of 911
I own a pair of Superlux HD681 EVO, so far very happy with them. They only produce sound through the right cup, not in the left one where the jack is. When I remove the wire, and connect it again without doing ''click'' (I hold the wire with my hand), I can perfectly hear through both cups. When I make the ''click'', after some minutes the sound just disappears in the left cup.

What do you think the cause is? I don't recall pulling hard the wire by accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back