[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
Feb 19, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #571 of 911
  How do you do burn-in process? I heard mix reviews about this, I'm not eager to try it but if it makes a significant different then it couldn't hurt. So how long and what did you use for the burn-in process? The foam mod seems simple enough, can do that, by the way which one do you prefer Superlux HD668b or HD681 EVO? Seems like you own both was just curious, thank you for the suggestions. I listen to mainly (vocal) pop, hip-hop, techno but also mix of genres of music. Wouldn't mind if the bass was punchy (hopefully these are)

All I do to burn-in my headphones is load my Onkyo 6 disc platter up with a variety of music and hit random & repeat. I play it about the same volume as I would to listen perhaps ever so slightly higher. I only check in when I get in from work and only listen a few seconds. I usually shut it down over night and fire it up again in the morning. After 50-60 hours I feel most headphones should be good but I have heard other members say 100+ hours.
I like both Superlux headphones and they are different animals IMHO. EVO have more low end. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #577 of 911
  pic of pad?

Google cotton makeup pads select images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cotton+makeup+pads&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=IYrmVLGNJtDhsASBjYCoBQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1280&bih=636

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #578 of 911
Feb 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #579 of 911

Do you have any suggestions for alternatives? I don't have any makeup pads. Closest thing i could find was some type of gauze. Haven't tried it yet.

So far what I have done: velour pads, foam under the pads and removed the thick foam/felt filter. They sound and fit much better now. Only thing I don't like is the intense clamping force but I am stretching them out on a box. Any other reccommended mods that are reversible?

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #581 of 911
Thinking of getting my first sound card, if ever. Just got a Superlux 681 Evo to use with few games (i.e. sim racing and FPS, etc.) and music.  I'm looking at the Omni
5.1 USB but also saw the slightly-cheaper X-Fi 5.1 USB.  I think the only difference is the 600ohm amp in the newer Omni, while other software are available in both (SBX surround).  Would I need the 600amp feature in the Omni, or is it better to get the X-Fi 5.1?  Thanks.

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #583 of 911
I would contact Superlux and see if you are still under warranty, if not get a cost to repair or take some pics and perhaps someone on the forums could help with a home repair. Good luck.

http://avlex.com/product_categories/7-headphones/

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #584 of 911
I would contact Superlux and see if you are still under warranty, if not get a cost to repair or take some pics and perhaps someone on the forums could help with a home repair. Good luck.

The matter is that I live in Venezuela (Here the shipments are very expensive, I imported a box with the Evos and other stuff inside, the box dimensions were 37x45x20 cm. And just that was 184$).

Here are the pics:

Applying "X" pressure to the right cup:

Applying the same pressure to the left cup:

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #585 of 911

The matter is that I live in Venezuela (Here the shipments are very expensive, I imported a box with the Evos and other stuff inside, the box dimensions were 37x45x20 cm. And just that was 184$).

Here are the pics:

Applying "X" pressure to the right cup:

Applying the same pressure to the left cup:

I think it's alright, but if you can open the cups, you can rotate the scrub like material inside so it wont be too loose on the other side... either way, it wont affect too much and it's normal and the sound don't have any changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back