Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
May 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #227 of 262
Just got the Xcape IE today and WOW. $80 is definitely a good deal. These sound what I expected $80 headphones to sound like when I first got started in my headphone obsession...before I knew better :p They are really, really good for the money. They are the best phones I've heard yet in terms of the overall tonal balance being what I perceive as natural or neutral; they make my SM3 sound overly warm and a bit fuzzy-feeling. That's DEFINITELY NOT saying they are superior to the SM3 SQ-wise, the SM3 are clearly superior in terms of detail, resolution, soundstage size, and coherence, but the Xcape IE are no slouch at all in any department, ESPECIALLY for $80. Best bang/buck SQ wise I have heard yet, the almighty MP8320 aside. And this is with about an hour of burn in...allegedly they need 100? I am a VERY happy customer. Major props to lendmeurears for making these available.

May 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #231 of 262
Out of curiosity, does anyone here know what rating (0 to 10) that l Joker l  has given to the Xcape IE --- just solely on the sheer basis of Sound Quality, alone?

May 15, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #232 of 262
Quote:
Out of curiosity, does anyone here know what rating (0 to 10) that l Joker l  has given to the Xcape IE --- just solely on the sheer basis of Sound Quality, alone?

From earlier in this thread:

Quote:
For sound quality, the IE would be at an 8.4 and the Xcited around a 7.9

May 15, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #233 of 262
OK, thank you very much, that's very encouraging, as I am currently awaiting my set of IEs in the mail right now, having traded with someone here my RE0s for them.

May 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #235 of 262
I have now IE, once had excited, and they were crap, harsh highs, thin sound and bad build quality.

What did you think about the IE?

May 16, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #237 of 262
Better build and realy smooth and warm sounf with lots of bass. Much more enjoyable.

Very cool. Sounds like the answer I was both hoping and expecting to receive.

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #239 of 262
I am thinking about buying IE or maybe Xcited, not sure yet...I want to know how is the build quality on the newer batches. I know there's been lots of problems with the older ones and would like to know have they improved build quality? Can someone who bought these in the past couple of months answer this?

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #240 of 262
i've got my IE and Xcited more than a year ago and they are still in perfect condition although I dont use them lately because of GR07. i think they already solved the build quality problem on the new batches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back