Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
Apr 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #212 of 262

Quote:
can you compare these with s4 or ajays 3... 

Check out Joker's Muli-IEM comparison thread for the s4i... Joker's gonna rate the Sunrise products way ahead of S4i IMO...

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #213 of 262

Quote:
can you compare these with s4 or ajays 3... 

Only the Klipsch and that's not a fair fight - the S4 is way lower on the food chain when it comes to sound quality. As Xinn3r said, my thoughts on the S4 are located in the multi-iem review thread (link in my signature). The Xcape IE rates around an 8.4 in sound quality on the scale.

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #214 of 262
I'm not a pro audiofile and dont really know what type of sound I want from my headphones so this question may seem pretty stupid, but what pair of sub 100 dollar iem's should i get? bottom line?  It seems like the ZERO and IE are the ones everyone raves about but I dont know whether I like analytical sound or mid heavy sound, I just want something that sounds amazing.  I love the way grado full size headphones sound and I really likes my nu force ne6's i had a while ago but im looking for an upgrade. Hopefully that is some thing you can use to steer me in the right direction for IEM's...other than that im lost.

Help?

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #215 of 262

Quote:
I'm not a pro audiofile and dont really know what type of sound I want from my headphones so this question may seem pretty stupid, but what pair of sub 100 dollar iem's should i get? bottom line?  It seems like the ZERO and IE are the ones everyone raves about but I dont know whether I like analytical sound or mid heavy sound, I just want something that sounds amazing.  I love the way grado full size headphones sound and I really likes my nu force ne6's i had a while ago but im looking for an upgrade. Hopefully that is some thing you can use to steer me in the right direction for IEM's...other than that im lost.

Help?

The IE is probably safer in sound signature than the ZERO, being warmer and bassier (more like the Nuforce), but you really can't go wrong with either. Make sure to buy from an authorized dealer so that you get warranty coverage - there have been some quality issues with the Xcapes.

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #218 of 262
And what about the Phonak Perfect Bass? Sorry man but the more research I do the more confused I get.  I guess now its between the three,,,Sunrise IE, the Vsonic 06 and the Phonak Pure Bass.....sorry to spam with comments, but I'm so confused haha

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #219 of 262

Quote:
Wait, now I'm reading all of these rave reviews of the Vsonic Gr06....better or worse than the Xcape IE?

It doesn't sound quite as good but does plenty of other things very well. I should have a GR06 review added to the long IEM review thread in a few days.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #221 of 262

Quote:
So for a non audiophile, ampless, listener, you'd stil recomend the IE over the Phonak and the Gr06?

If you're mostly concerned with sound quality - yes.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #222 of 262
Thank you again for your input. sound quality is most important too me, but now ive been reading that the IE's and pretty prone to malfunctions and are just gerally poorly contructed.  Since it's a pretty big investment for me and I'm currently traveling I think I'm gonna go with something a little more reliable.  It's too bad cause I'm dying to hear what the IE's sound like...the most high end IEM ive had is the iGi and now that ive been looking around on this site for a few days it seems like the iGi is a peice of crap compared to these others.  Probably setting on the GR06, but I wish I was brave enough to risk faulty build quality for primo SQ.

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #224 of 262
i had xcited- weak build quality, 2 times needed glue and jack broked. sq wise nothing special- thin sounding with grainy mids and highs. soundmagic e30 for half price is much better,

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #225 of 262

Quote:
Thank you again for your input. sound quality is most important too me, but now ive been reading that the IE's and pretty prone to malfunctions and are just gerally poorly contructed.  Since it's a pretty big investment for me and I'm currently traveling I think I'm gonna go with something a little more reliable.  It's too bad cause I'm dying to hear what the IE's sound like...the most high end IEM ive had is the iGi and now that ive been looking around on this site for a few days it seems like the iGi is a peice of crap compared to these others.  Probably setting on the GR06, but I wish I was brave enough to risk faulty build quality for primo SQ.

I'm curious how it sounds too or if Sunrise have something new coming up. Nobody really talks about the IE anymore from what I can see :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back