Review: Sunrise Xcited and Xcape Impressive Edition
Nov 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #196 of 262

Quote:
Yeah, they really look and sound great but i hate this problem. I'll try to burn them in for a while. Maybe the problem will go away? It's worth a shot.
The tandem doesn't really look nice :) I know i'm not buying clothes but still. It's so hard to choose something. I don't want to spend to much on a pair of earphones either. Something like 100 dollars is my budget. I can spend a little bit more if they really look and sound great tho.

Btw i guess it doesn't really have the exact same sound signature. But i prefer a little bit bass as i watch a lot of movies. Listen to all kinds of music so i really enjoy the sound of the IE. I could enjoy other signatures to if they deliver quality sound.

Not the same signature the Tandem's bass is a bit deeper and flatter and it's better in a few other ways as well. Reason for recommending the Tandem is that I can't see a fan of the Xcape IE not liking it.

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #197 of 262
Yeah, i really appreciate your help but they kind of look ugly. Do you think i would enjoy the RE-ZERO ? I care as much about the looks as the sound plus the fit. Really hate big IEM's or else i would just have baught the vsonic gr07.

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #198 of 262

Quote:
Yeah, i really appreciate your help but they kind of look ugly. Do you think i would enjoy the RE-ZERO ? I care as much about the looks as the sound plus the fit. Really hate big IEM's or else i would just have baught the vsonic gr07.

Only you can figure that out. The RE-ZERO fits much like the Xcape, though it is a little shorter. Sound-wise it is quite different - not nearly as warm, much less bass, brighter, more sparkly, etc, etc. There's a number of very comprehensive RE-ZERO reviews out there. All I can say is if you're looking for something Xcape IE-like in signature, the ZERO isn't it even though it's on-par in performance. 

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #199 of 262
I really wanna thank you for your replies. If i get a refund i maybe buy the Fisher Audio dba-02. It's actually more then i would prefer to spend but i see that it has an amazing sound. Just have to be sure about it. I'm gonna read a lot more reviews. I just wish that the Xcape did not had the problem :)

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #200 of 262
Hey guys, looks like the problem with fading sound has been solved. I've been searching for the solution for my xcape ie and ultimately have found the description of the problem on the site of the russian shop where I had purchased it and the solution on another russian forum. It turns out that the problem is not the drivers' overheating but the external filters which somehow get stuffed with earwax/water. The solution suggested is to remove the filters and replace them with pieces of foam rubber inserted into the silicone sleeves. If you just remove the filters the problem goes away but the sound becomes unpleasantly sharp. I simply used pieces of a kitchen sponge, worked out just fine for me.  The sound is in no way inferior to that with original filters. Here's the original solution: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=105710&page=2&p=946344&viewfull=1#post946344, the guy used some foam rubbers from re2 or re0 in the same way. Hope that will be helpful to anyone who hasn't sent their pair of ie's back yet :) Btw I like these earphones more than anything I've ever owned, imho > sennhieser cx400, FA silver bullet, even FA sba-03. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #201 of 262
Yep. I had to replace those filters too. I used cotton from the ends of q-tips though.

And since we're bumping this thread...maybe someone can answer me in this thread. Why does the xcape ie cable have 6 wires inside? There's always red, green and ground so what in the world are the extra 3 wires for? (blue, striped red, striped blue) I understand that nobody's going to strip their beloved xcapes just to tell me. I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #202 of 262
Good day!

I own this Xcape IE and I was simply amazed by its sound! Tight, punchy bass, excellent soundstage, awesome mids, what can I ask? For only ~$55, it can't be beat. :D

Feb 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #203 of 262

Quote:
Good day!

I own this Xcape IE and I was simply amazed by its sound! Tight, punchy bass, excellent soundstage, awesome mids, what can I ask? For only ~$55, it can't be beat. :D

Glad you like them, at that price they are nothing short of a steal.

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #204 of 262
I also have sunrise xcape and sunrise xcited and never experienced the issues of overheating and broken housing. Since , I work in China, I made sure and talked to the ceo of sunrise audio before i made the purchase. he told me that they solved the problem already. Im very satisfied with these IEMs

For only ~$55, it can't be beat. :D

Why only 55 USD? Thats not fair , lol....I bought mine for 70 USD each.

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #206 of 262
Wow! I didn't know that someone from my country produces such nice IEMs. I should get one of them soon.
ksc75smile.gif

P.S. I can find Xcape IE here for ~60 USD.

Mar 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #207 of 262

Quote:
Wow! I didn't know that someone from my country produces such nice IEMs. I should get one of them soon.
ksc75smile.gif

P.S. I can find Xcape IE here for ~60 USD.

They're made in China anyways, so chances are someone in your country designed it and had some factory in China OEM it, or they just picked out a design and had the factory tune it to their specs.

Mar 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #208 of 262

Quote:
They're made in China anyways, so chances are someone in your country designed it and had some factory in China OEM it, or they just picked out a design and had the factory tune it to their specs.

Well, I do understand this fact. What I mean was I didn't expect to see any good earphones from Vietnam-based companies in this market. Anyway the more important thing is I still need to get them.
wink.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #209 of 262
Can some of the early adopters report back on durability issues?

I'm still trying to decide on the best option for me under 100$ shipped. I'm more into classic rock, indie, blues and some vocal and I'll be using them on a rockboxed ipod nano. The xcape ie looks like a very good option but I'm worried about qc. I also have my eyes on vsonic gr06, RE0, Silver bullet and MC5. I'm looking for something more balanced since I already have an E10 which has more than enough bass for my taste. 

As a side note is the FXT90 worth it for someone like me?

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #210 of 262

Quote:
Can some of the early adopters report back on durability issues?

I'm still trying to decide on the best option for me under 100$ shipped. I'm more into classic rock, indie, blues and some vocal and I'll be using them on a rockboxed ipod nano. The xcape ie looks like a very good option but I'm worried about qc. I also have my eyes on vsonic gr06, RE0, Silver bullet and MC5. I'm looking for something more balanced since I already have an E10 which has more than enough bass for my taste. 

As a side note is the FXT90 worth it for someone like me?

All of those are more balanced than the E10 but if you can afford the FXT90, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back