[Review] SoundMagic E30, A Great Budget IEM For the Bass Lover
Aug 16, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:
My only gripe with the sound is that the bass is a tad too pushy.

That's actually one of the reasons I like them.  When I'm using my Galaxy Tab 10.1 w/ my GR07s they are just a bit too light on the bass.  The e30s are not at all.  So now I don't have to break out my Fiio e11 when I use my tab.  That's a huge plus when it comes to portability.  Obviously, both headphones are even better with the e11, but the times I don't want to use anything other than headphones, they are a great compromise.  

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #18 of 22
After going around and around with the headphones I've reviewed, I think I like these the best. The bass isn't as pronounced as I remember it being. The mids are slightly forward and very clear. The highs aren't the focus, but they still sound great. I love/hate having all of these IEMs, it seems like as I get bored with one, one of the others stands out. These do remind me a lot of my Ad900 with my FiiO E7 +2 bass boost. I think these may be my new main IEMs.

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #21 of 22
I've used these as my main IEMs for about a year, and I can agree with a lot of what's been said here. Great, warm bass and articulate mids (especially percussion) on a lot of my rock and hip-hop. Highs were a little drowned out on some tracks, though. For my pair, I felt that a long burn-in significantly improved sound quality; out of the box, the bass wasn't nearly as powerful and a lot of guitar-heavy tracks weren't very clear. They started sounding even better hooked up to my Fiio E12. Great durability, too. After a year of heavy use, the only noticeable damage is a tiny rip in the plastic connecting the wire to the jack, but it doesn't cause any connectivity issues. Very much worth the $40!

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #22 of 22
Seriously...
stock, no external amp or DAC, to give readers an idea of what to expect if they buy these without an amp/DAC
This makes about zero sense. Each DAC is different, and FYI even the ones included in computers ("stock") are still DACs and have their influence on sound signature. So instead of discarding external influence on the sound signature and reviewing purely the IEMs, now you're reviewing the IEMs together with your computer's sound card. The experience will be very different for other users, because they're using different sources. Now, if you did this review with a well known, high quality source, not only you would eliminate all the issues caused by the crap you were using now, but you'd give readers a point of comparison, so for example if my source is more muddy than yours (which is pretty easy to find out), I would know what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back