Review | SoundMAGIC E10
Feb 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #48 of 110

Quote:
Lol I was just going to say those are exactly the qualities I need. I posted before that the E10's had no bass. I will retract that statement back now (in a sense). I still feel the impact is weak but whether its because I've gotten used to them or that my tastes have changed, the bass is becoming a bit too much. On some tracks more bass is needed but on others it makes the music thick and the airiness of vocals is affected in a negative way (it clouds/veils the other ranges).

For the tracks that lack bass where I need more of it, it could be those songs aren't mastered properly. I don't think I've ever felt like tapping my feet when listening to them and I've tried every song in my library. Overall though I think the e10's aren't for me. I need bass but one that doesn't affect the other ranges. These phones have obviously received rave reviews, so they probably work brilliantly with other genres, but for j-pop/k-pop they don't work well at all. 

I actually liked E10 for k-pop (don't listen to j-pop) but vPulses are even better. But, if you think E10s have too much bass now then don't bother with vPulse.
As far as k-pop goes, I do listen to mostly bass heavy music (BigBang, 2NE1, MBLAQ, etc.)

Feb 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #49 of 110

Quote:
I think that's what I'm missing in the E10's. The mids sound a bit recessed in some tracks.

vPulse won't win any awards in mid/high but they do sound more forward than E10, comparatively speaking. E10s also sound slightly muddy but it's subtle.

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #54 of 110

Quote:
They are built similarly, quality wise, to the PL-30 and I've had those approximately 1.5 years as my yard work/mowing set. So I think they're pretty durable. 

I think the E10's will be a bit more durable, since they are made of metal, and the cable is better than the Pl30.
Anyway, i would put an eye on the plucg section, i've used to layers of heatshrink to reinforce the section, and now it has a better grip

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #55 of 110
I thought these were great when I auditioned these at a local store a few days ago. Impressive bass impact and clarity for the price. However the cables exiting the earpieces only have little strain relief, so I'd caution against removing them from your ears by tugging on the cable.

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #56 of 110
Hi,

Brought these a short while ago and I was a little dissappointed with the sound( lack of bass and clarity) but now they have properly been broken in Iam enjoying there sound as much as my fav £30 headphones the px100 sennheisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back