REVIEW: Shure SE535
Oct 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #16 of 77
This ^^^ Biggest difference for me was in the top-end. And it's very noticeable.

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #17 of 77
It really is a shame Shure didn't have any red's. I'm going to ask again though.

I'm hoping my new cable brings out the highs a bit.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #18 of 77
Quote:
It really is a shame Shure didn't have any red's. I'm going to ask again though.
I'm hoping my new cable brings out the highs a bit.

I'm sorry to be a downer here, but as far as I know, Shure Asia exclusively released the limited edition Shure SE535...

Shure (I think) don't have any plans on releasing them internationally in other territories, especially when they announced the earphones a year ago. I HOPE I'm wrong though. Though you could always order them from overseas. 

http://www.shureasia.com/company/press/press_releases/2011/20111011-se535ltd

This is my first post, so I hope I could be of some use.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #19 of 77
I know, but they said there were some but all were accounted for :frowning2:

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #20 of 77
Got the 6N OFHC cable, very nice build, perfect length, comfy. And better top end, will give it some time to get used to sound before more impressions

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #21 of 77
Quote:
Got the 6N OFHC cable, very nice build, perfect length, comfy. And better top end, will give it some time to get used to sound before more impressions

where can i buy such a cable? and how much does it cost?

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #23 of 77
Thx. 

let us know how much it improves the sound and if its worth the $55

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #24 of 77
hi great to know you got the 6n ofhc cable, a proud owner here!
i ve dba 02 clones by a japanese company. on the clones, cymbal crashes are very prominent coz of the accentuated treble, however extension wise i find the se 535(with olives) with the 6n ofhc to be just a hair short .. to my ears at the least .. i know the fr curves make you think otherwise 

if you use the olive tips and with the custom cables ... to my ears the extension is just great. not near the level of re 272s but as much as the dba 02 clone, however its not half-prominent.

courtesy : brett garsed - drowning

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #25 of 77
I haven't had the chance to listen to the cable that much yet, but it did improve the highs. I will give full impressions soon. But the highs on the DBA-02 MKII are wonderful

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #26 of 77
i remember someone declaring that the magic of the dba 02 were taken away with dba 02 mk2....he described the mk2s as q jays with extra clarity? i think tomscy2000 .. not really sure who..

if the dba 02 mk2/mk1 and my japanese clones have the same sound, yes the treble is just amazing....the shures can't really handle all that 'jazz' .
if you try zhivago by kurt rosenwinkel(with the orchestra) the shures suffer in front of the dba 02s to my ears...
the imaging of instruments is just way better with the dba 02s..

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #27 of 77
if you are looking for reshelling options you can reshell the shure drivers and add the dba 02 tweeter along and make it a 3 way or somthing .. 
cheers 

check out tralucent audio t1 amp .. its cheap and it ll kick ass with the shures !!

Oct 13, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #28 of 77
My C421 amp pairs excellently with the Shure's

The DBA MKII still has great highs, but I think the bass is better and they are smoother than the MKI

Adding the tweeter would be great, but the cable definitely has made a difference

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #29 of 77
With any new IEM it really is worth experimenting with as many tips as you can get your hands on. The underlying sound signature of the IEM will not change but different tips do make a subtle yet noticeable difference. For me the triple flange (cut down to double flange if preferred) and Comply are best for the SE535. The Shure black olives, yellow foamies and grey flex all have various cons. YMMV

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #30 of 77
I'm an olive guy, I find them to isolate the best, and are comfy.

I'm not a fan of silicone tips, and comply are way too expensive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back