REVIEW: Shure SE535
Oct 13, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #31 of 77
Quote:
6N OFHC is on it's way already
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait to get it, I do hate the stock cable, too long and uncomfortable.

OCC!! Gotta go the best!

Oct 13, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #32 of 77
I actually modded/changed the cable, I didn't like the ear guides, so I re did them, with heatshrink and wire, perfect now, just a shame I had no clear heat shrink, I will post pics next week

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #34 of 77
impressions on cable:

i didnt think a cable could change the sound this much.

first off, the treble comes out, not quite as good as the fischer audio DBA-02 MKII yet, but a lot better than stock, they finally shine and extend nicely.

Bass tightens and instrument separation is better, bass notes decay quicker and the sound is more spacial.

mids are more detailed, the whole spectrum gains detail actually, which i didnt think was possible.

also they no longer have a thick sound, they sound leaner and cleaner.

Some will love this, some not, as it brings out the highs and the bass is not as prominent, but still easily audiable.

overall i am pleased with the cable, and the price is also very good for what it is.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #36 of 77
hey,

i noticed similar effects with the cable , although the mids remained same to my ears.

however what i notice is more balance across the spectrum, noticeably better instrument seperation.

and yes the highs come out a lot more ...improvement in detail as well. 

bass becomes tighter ... 

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #37 of 77
nice pics btw! 

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #38 of 77
What do you think of the ear hooks?

Thanks for the comments

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #40 of 77
your cable... it looks beautiful .. if you see mine you will probably facepalm! this is mine when i got them, it was so microphonic i had to restrict it to home use ...

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #41 of 77
however with lotsa looking around , i covered it with embroidery floss , now zero tangling and microphononics gone about 85 percentage....
btw i have no idea about interconnects 

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #42 of 77
That's true, I forgot to add that the cable is very stiff and microphonic.

Any link to that material you got?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #43 of 77
haha... its just common embroidery floss... you can get it anywhere.

actually i got my cable for free ... there are some people in head-fi who are outright helpful ... one being clieos, takoyaki7 and of course lillee 

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #44 of 77
Quite bad if it hits something hard. But bearable.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #45 of 77
the user lillee is just a really helpful head-fier .. he is also the owner of tralucent audio .. he is just a great person .. he shares his thoughts and ideas in a very enthusiastic way ... he made me this cable for free but i dont remember whether i should keep this a secret or not ..

i dont own any amp, but as per some conversation with him , he told me that jds labs products are not really making competition to the amps today ..

even though it has a low noise floor for hiss sensitive iems like the shures ... 

he recommended a few budget amps that really take the shures to another level being 

1. leckerton uha 6s mk2 (279 dolls)
2. rsa tomahawk(150 dolls second hand)
3. tralucent t1 (230 or 240 dolls ) ...his own

im saving up for the tralucent t1 ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back