[Review] Sennheiser IE800: Impressions, Frustration and a bunch of What-Ifs
Nov 19, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #482 of 509
  If IE800 had better fit, if man for me it would have been more than enough. 

Better fit? 

I used to have problems with fit before, but I guess I just got used to ie800. 

At first, it's one of the IEMs that you neeed to get used to. 

On the other hand, ie800 has really bad fit if the tips are slippery, they do need washing! 

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #483 of 509

Better fit? 

I used to have problems with fit before, but I guess I just got used to ie800. 

At first, it's one of the IEMs that you neeed to get used to. 

On the other hand, ie800 has really bad fit if the tips are slippery, they do need washing! 

The thing is not about getting used to it, it's that if none of the provided tips do fit, it's a lost cause since they are proprietary and you cannot easily adapt other tips.
Very bad design choice, Sennheiser sells too many models with different proprietary tips..

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #484 of 509

The thing is not about getting used to it, it's that if none of the provided tips do fit, it's a lost cause since they are proprietary and you cannot easily adapt other tips.
Very bad design choice, Sennheiser sells too many models with different proprietary tips..

I haven;t had problems with fit at all, and one of the tip sizes should fit everyone. At the same time I'm not a fan of propetary designs.. 

Nov 20, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #485 of 509

I haven;t had problems with fit at all, and one of the tip sizes should fit everyone. At the same time I'm not a fan of propetary designs.. 

None fit my ear canals, they're all too small, and I'm not an isolated case.
My choice of tips is quite limited with huge ear canals, so proprietary tips are a complete no-go.

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #486 of 509

None fit my ear canals, they're all too small, and I'm not an isolated case.
My choice of tips is quite limited with huge ear canals, so proprietary tips are a complete no-go.

I feel sorry for this happening... Mostly because the sound of ie800 is unique and nothing ever came close to it... 

Their biggest tips is way too big for me so I can't help there... 

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #487 of 509
Hi everyone
Could anybody with having the expreince of testing both ie80 and ie800 help me as i'm considering an upgrade from my ie80 which i found the bass leaks too much in mids and make it an inappropiate match for metal and rock
Unfortunatly i live in iran where there is no turning back policies and not much options to choose from and these things are stupidly expensive due to our low currency ratio so there is no room for making mistakes when you're purchasing an item
I'd appreciate if some one gives me a deep comparison between these to
Ps : i should excuse if i'm making any mistakes in my writting as i'm not much familiar to English as you guys:)
Thanks in advance

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #488 of 509
Hi everyone
Could anybody with having the expreince of testing both ie80 and ie800 help me as i'm considering an upgrade from my ie80 which i found the bass leaks too much in mids and make it an inappropiate match for metal and rock
Unfortunatly i live in iran where there is no turning back policies and not much options to choose from and these things are stupidly expensive due to our low currency ratio so there is no room for making mistakes when you're purchasing an item
I'd appreciate if some one gives me a deep comparison between these to
Ps : i should excuse if i'm making any mistakes in my writting as i'm not much familiar to English as you guys:)
Thanks in advance

ie800 is from another world! 

Much better bass, mids, treble , much clearer, it's a bit brighter. 

I am coming from ie80, and my review is based on my past experience with ie80, so it might help you out. 

Most direct words are that ie800 has a completely different signature, no veil, tight bass, sparkly treble. It is the ultimate IEM for me.. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-ie800/reviews/13293

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #489 of 509
Dobrescu George
That was an awesome review and so helpful i really enjoyed reading it:thumbsup:
But to be 100% sure would you mind to compare ie800 with ie80 in term of isolation and bass bleedage to lower mids in a scale of 1 to 10?
I know you'v already covered every aspects in your review but as i'm paying a large amount of cash on these and i'm not satisfied with uncontroled bass and sharp trebles of ie80 and not able to audition these befor purchasing it's a really big deal to me to be completely reliefed by these facts as many others head-fiers considered ie800 a bass heavy harshed treble iem
It would be very kind of you to declare the issue once and ever for me

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #490 of 509
@Dobrescu George
But to be 100% sure would you mind to compare ie800 with ie80 in term of isolation and bass bleedage to lower mids in a scale of 1 to 10?
I know you'v already covered every aspects in your review but as i'm paying a large amount of cash on these and i'm not satisfied with uncontroled bass and sharp trebles of ie80 and not able to audition these befor purchasing it's a really big deal to me to be completely reliefed by these facts as many others head-fiers considered ie800 a bass heavy harshed treble iem

With the IE800, you won't have bass bleed into the mids like on the IE80. But if you hear the IE80's treble as sharp, then you're treble sensitive and will most likely have a problem with the IE800's bright treble. Just my 2 cents.

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #491 of 509
james444
Thanks james so there will be no more muddy sounds listening to metal and rock acording to what you're saying?
I'm not treble sensitive but in some few songs i feel the treble is too agresive on ie80 specially with edm or house not an issue with most songs
So how about the clarity ? Is it a huge improve from ie80s?

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #492 of 509
I know i'm asking too much questions and i'm really greatful for your patience but also could anyonesuggest which dac/amp or player will best fit ie800s?
My options are listed below :
1-chord mojo+iphone6s
2-oppo ha2+iphone6s
3-Ak70
4-ak300
And no needto mentioned i dont want the dac to add to the almost on the edge bass

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #493 of 509
@james444
Thanks james so there will be no more muddy sounds listening to metal and rock acording to what you're saying?
I'm not treble sensitive but in some few songs i feel the treble is too agresive on ie80 specially with edm or house not an issue with most songs
So how about the clarity ? Is it a huge improve from ie80s?

Not muddy at all, just a lot of deep bass and less mid/upper bass than the IE80. Clarity is a lot better. However, treble sounds sometimes more agressive than on the IE80, to my ears.

I know i'm asking too much questions and i'm really greatful for your patience but also could anyonesuggest which dac/amp or player will best fit ie800s?
My options are listed below :
1-chord mojo+iphone6s
2-oppo ha2+iphone6s
3-Ak70
4-ak300
And no needto mentioned i dont want the dac to add to the almost on the edge bass

I think the Mojo would fit quite well, because it has smooth and pleasant treble. I haven't heard the others.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #495 of 509
@Dobrescu George

ie800 has Much sharper treble than ie80....

On isolation, ie800 is considerably better, and bass bleed is non existent for ie800, especially compared with ie80. 

This being said, ie800 is treble happy. So very treble happy that it makes ie80 sound really rolled off. 

On the other hand, because there is no veil and there is a very clear sound, the treble is part of the music. 

I'm not sure if I would recommend ie800 if you don't like treble, those are one of the best treble IEMs ever made, but they are considerably louder in treble than ie80. 

Adding FiiO E12A alleviates this, if you will want less treble, but so does any EQ on any DAP 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back