Review: RHA MA-750 (one of the best sub $200 IEM's around)
Sep 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #61 of 106

Personally, I use the shirt clip to shorten the cable by looping it, but besides that, not really. If your ears aren't too small, the hooks do quite a decent job securing it. There's a chin strap if you need it, though note that if you get the mic version, it won't reach all the way to the top.

Sorry, but what do you mean by chin strap? 
About the mic version - I read from one user that the cable seems prone to break at the point where the cable connects to the remote. Does it seem particularly weak there or has this happened with a lot of units, or was this just a one-off? 

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #62 of 106
About the mic version - I read from one user that the cable seems prone to break at the point where the cable connects to the remote. Does it seem particularly weak there or has this happened with a lot of units, or was this just a one-off? 

Chin strap, as in the sliding thing right next to the mic:

Speaking about the mic, the above shows how it's connected. Looks a bit under-relieved, but held up for 2 months for now without any problems. Then again, I'm particularly cautious with how I use it: if there's any chance my activity is gonna destroy these headphones (ie. exercise), I'd rather not chance it and instead go with my cheaper ones.

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #63 of 106

Hey aleex!

Wanted to stop by and comment on this - we had a couple of reported faults about cable/remote joins with a very early production of the MA750i, but it was far from widespread and should certainly not be an issue with any you purchase now (if you decided to)!

Thanks for your interest in the MA750i.

Oct 2, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #64 of 106
Ok, I've been using mine for the past few hours now. Now, they certainly sound very good. I'm by no means an audiophile, but I'd say they sound quite a bit richer than the FXD-70's (my previous IEMs, I will be using them as comparison here); just as clear, but still with a decent amount of bass. I want to preface this with a disclaimer: my first impressions tend to be quite negative and I'm usually way too picky for my own good, regardless of which IEM I've bought. With that said, my first impressions of the RHA MA-750i's are varied.

I've always had fit issues with IEM's since my right ear canal seems to be a lot smaller than my left, but since my FXD70's fit me quite OK with some foam tips I ordered from ebay, I figured I shouldn't really have any problem with these since the nozzle was of similar size. However, the 750i's have quite a pronounced conic shape whereas the FXD70 was just a tube. I don't know how deep the insertion should be with the 750i's, but I was a bit more satisfied with the deeper insertion I could achieve with my FXD70's. With a bit of twisting and turning it gets better, but still not quite there.  They don't fall out (from what I've tested so far) - rather, they're just uncomfortably big for my small ear canals. I'm using the supplied foam tips. I haven't tested the bi-flanges yet.
Maybe it's just about getting used to it?
Or maybe I should've just gotten a pair of Etymotics from the beginning, hehe. 

Perhaps someone can recommend me some good tips which are slightly smaller than the supplied ones?

The cable is quite thick and maybe a bit too rigid, but I think it'll soften with time and use. The FXD70's hade quite a thin cable, but on the other hand, they broke (although they lasted 1 yr & 9 months of heavy everday use without taking any special consideration). 

I don't quite like that the chin strap is placed above the remote. I'd like for it to be able to go all the way up, but it's not a big deal. 
However, I don't doubt that RHA has considered other possibilites for this and for some reason this was found to be the best one. I've never had an IEM with a remote before so I wouldn't know if this is a common solution or not. 
The clip could be more easily adjustable but it's not a big deal.

I'm gonna use them for a few more days and then I'll see if I'll keep them or not, but they're definitely not bad IEMs. Just maybe not for me, I guess. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #65 of 106
Can anyone confirm how well they feel with glasses? I have a pair of the flex kind.
I've read multiple reviews where some said they didn't bother them, while others said it didn't work very well. I always wear my glasses unless I'm asleep, so I'd need them to work nicely.

Oct 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #66 of 106
So, anyone know any good tips for these? The foam ones supplied are pretty good but I'm having trouble getting a decent fit in my right ear canal. I've tried the silicon ones but they don't quite cut it for me either. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #68 of 106
Can anyone confirm how well they feel with glasses? I have a pair of the flex kind.
I've read multiple reviews where some said they didn't bother them, while others said it didn't work very well. I always wear my glasses unless I'm asleep, so I'd need them to work nicely.

Doesn't bother me at all: if anything, it works better for me because I can sandwich the cables between my head and glasses for an even more secure fit. But you don't have to tuck it in like that if you don't want to, in which case I don't really notice a difference then.

Oct 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #69 of 106
Doesn't bother me at all: if anything, it works better for me because I can sandwich the cables between my head and glasses for an even more secure fit. But you don't have to tuck it in like that if you don't want to, in which case I don't really notice a difference then.

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely be purchasing these on Tuesday.

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #70 of 106

Hey aleex!

Wanted to stop by and comment on this - we had a couple of reported faults about cable/remote joins with a very early production of the MA750i, but it was far from widespread and should certainly not be an issue with any you purchase now (if you decided to)!

Thanks for your interest in the MA750i.

Hello RHA team.  Thanks for your comment.

It appears from reviews that your volume control does not work for Android devices.  This has unfortunately halted my purchase of the MA750i.

In the future, I hope that you will make this function work properly for Android devices and not just iOS as your reviews are otherwise stellar.  

I look forward to hopefully purchasing an iteration of an RHA product that is one day fully functional on Android devices.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #71 of 106

Hello RHA team.  Thanks for your comment.

It appears from reviews that your volume control does not work for Android devices.  This has unfortunately halted my purchase of the MA750i.

In the future, I hope that you will make this function work properly for Android devices and not just iOS as your reviews are otherwise stellar.  

I look forward to hopefully purchasing an iteration of an RHA product that is one day fully functional on Android devices.

Hey jamor,

Unfortunately there is currently no universal compatibility solution for a three-button remote and microphone for use with all Android devices in the same way as iOS, making the development of a in-ear headphone that can offer the same user experience with Android as it does with iOS incredibly difficult. Some manufacturers have already begun to develop apps to ensure compatibility, and we've investigated potential three-button remote solutions ourselves, however it's not something we're in a position to move forward with at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep in touch!

Best,

RHA Team

Oct 18, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #72 of 106
Thanks for the response.  I'm still considering this or the T10i in hopes of the volume button working on Samsung in the future since there are very few choices that provide full function controls on Android.  Your design and quality keeps me in interested (and myself being half Scottish too).  I didn't realize it was more difficult.  At least the other functions should work besides volume.  

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #73 of 106
Hello all, 

After much research I settled on these - right price point, right sound in terms of what I was looking for. So far I am enjoying them, though I haven't really burnt in much and I'm not sure they're an upgrade from my Audio Technica CKN 70s, which I very much love. I will keep you posted on that over the next couple weeks. They are certainly sturdy and I like the way they so nicely accommodate over the ear listening. 

Two questions. 

One, the provided tips work well, but I'm wondering if there's something people recommend to upgrade the sound a bit. I like the fullness of the sound but I can't shake the feeling that the sound could be better. 

Two, does anyone else out there have the AT CKN 70s, and if so, any thoughts regarding how they compare? 

Thanks, 

Mr Monte

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #75 of 106

Hey jamor,

Unfortunately there is currently no universal compatibility solution for a three-button remote and microphone for use with all Android devices in the same way as iOS, making the development of a in-ear headphone that can offer the same user experience with Android as it does with iOS incredibly difficult. Some manufacturers have already begun to develop apps to ensure compatibility, and we've investigated potential three-button remote solutions ourselves, however it's not something we're in a position to move forward with at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep in touch!

Best,

RHA Team

Hello RHA,

I also consider buying the MA-750i, i am currently using a Lumia 920 with windowsphone 8.1! I already read some reviews and some pretend that the volume control and mic works, just the music-control wont work with windowsphone and some reviews pretend none will work, not even the mic, is it different for every single phone or could you give a statement that it will or wont work fully or what will work and what wont! I would also like to use these In-ears on windows for music and games, will everything work there or same as for the phone?

Thanks in advance,
almightyyy
(hopefully future customer of RHA :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back