Review: RHA MA-750 (one of the best sub $200 IEM's around)
Mar 18, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #91 of 106
Wait, sorry, did the rha break? Or did the soundmagic break? I

Yes the RHA broke.
  This might be related to how you're inserting them.  Especially if you're using silicone tips, both the filter disc and the driver are subject to flex if you insert them too forcefully or quickly.  They have some venting for the driver but not much.  The filter tore on my first pair within a few weeks.  I switched over to foamies and no more problems, I think they sound better with the foamies anyway and are more comfortable.

Note taken. I've honestly been really really gentle with them though. What shocked me more than the filter coming off was that the left ear bud is blowing out after pretty minimal use. 

Contacted RHA and will be shipping them out for replacements, third times the charm right?

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #92 of 106
Yes the RHA broke.
Note taken. I've honestly been really really gentle with them though. What shocked me more than the filter coming off was that the left ear bud is blowing out after pretty minimal use. 

Contacted RHA and will be shipping them out for replacements, third times the charm right?

Are you sure the driver is blown? That is extremely rare and normally caused only by being overdriven, not a likely scenario with an IEM. Driver flex can cause driver failure if it's extreme enough. So can DC offset coming from the source. That would be unusual, although possible. What source have you been using? My bet is still on driver flex.

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #93 of 106
Are you sure the driver is blown? That is extremely rare and normally caused only by being overdriven, not a likely scenario with an IEM. Driver flex can cause driver failure if it's extreme enough. So can DC offset coming from the source. That would be unusual, although possible. What source have you been using? My bet is still on driver flex.

I'm probably using the wrong terminology, but it's staticky and and the sound is breaking apart on multiple frequencies. Devices I've used them with are my dx80, iPhone 6s, nexus5x.

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #94 of 106
I'm probably using the wrong terminology, but it's staticky and and the sound is breaking apart on multiple frequencies. Devices I've used them with are my dx80, iPhone 6s, nexus5x.

Doesn't sound like a blown driver per se, as that would likely lead to a completely dead channel. This sounds more like damage caused by driver flex. I would again refer to earlier suggestions regarding insertion and eartip selection.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #96 of 106
so I am finally buying these, can anyone tell me about the long term durability of 750i's.
Everyone praises the build quality on these, but i am also seeing a hell lot of complaints regarding the filters falling out, cables deteorating over time at stress points, sound cutting out etc.

Apr 1, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #97 of 106
Well, you have a three year warranty, which is pretty darn good for this price range. The i model sees to have more problems than the regular model. Some people have had some deterioration in the cable sheath, and RHA replaces the IEM's. I've had my 750 since about the time they came out and have had no problems. They're pretty hard to beat for the price. My theory is that skin oil reacts with the sheathing and causes the deterioration. If you use them to work out or sweat a lot, or maybe even if you dont, it might be a good idea to wipe down the part of the cable that touches your skin to remove the oil, but as I said I've had no problems

Apr 1, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #98 of 106
So, this is just my experience. You have to realize that I'm always listening to music. Walking to class, doing homework, going to get food, sometimes when I sleep. These earbuds follow me everywhere. So, it's also been about a year and a half, and so far, sound is good, filter hasn't fallen out yet, I have oily skin and the rubber wires are fine. The only thing that has happened is 1. My left driver is a little loose? I think the glue holding the driver in place failed or something. Basically, sometimes when I'm running or if I tap my left earbud, I can hear the drivers rattling in the casing. 2. The spring stress relief is a bit deformed. We'll, my idiotic friends fine it fun to yank at the springs. I'm not sure why, so it's gotten a bit stretched and bent. But other than that, I'm surprised these are still alive.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #99 of 106
Well, you have a three year warranty, which is pretty darn good for this price range. The i model sees to have more problems than the regular model. Some people have had some deterioration in the cable sheath, and RHA replaces the IEM's. I've had my 750 since about the time they came out and have had no problems. They're pretty hard to beat for the price. My theory is that skin oil reacts with the sheathing and causes the deterioration. If you use them to work out or sweat a lot, or maybe even if you dont, it might be a good idea to wipe down the part of the cable that touches your skin to remove the oil, but as I said I've had no problems

So, this is just my experience. You have to realize that I'm always listening to music. Walking to class, doing homework, going to get food, sometimes when I sleep. These earbuds follow me everywhere. So, it's also been about a year and a half, and so far, sound is good, filter hasn't fallen out yet, I have oily skin and the rubber wires are fine. The only thing that has happened is 1. My left driver is a little loose? I think the glue holding the driver in place failed or something. Basically, sometimes when I'm running or if I tap my left earbud, I can hear the drivers rattling in the casing. 2. The spring stress relief is a bit deformed. We'll, my idiotic friends fine it fun to yank at the springs. I'm not sure why, so it's gotten a bit stretched and bent. But other than that, I'm surprised these are still alive.

Thanks.
So i model has more problems, where I live is a humid place, so sweating is a common occurence here, so I think i'd need to take extra care for the cable.

May 26, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #100 of 106
Finally, got the RHA MA750 only, from official reseller, so 3 year warranty is there now. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
Short comparison to previous VSD5: Better instrument separation and soundstage, better bass, better build, on par isolation with tape mod on VSD5, but the sparkle in the treble is missing in comparison to the Vsonics. Overall, happy with the purchase, full review would be coming after the burn in period.
Some images:
dQJdZPo.jpg

xKAbAI0.jpg

EwKHv0z.jpg

q4q669g.jpg

EooBBWI.jpg

BEyDZzc.jpg

vTzyPCN.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back