Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #7,111 of 7,140
Yes. Your explanation seems very logical since the device apparently works well when being charged up.
I tried to troubleshoot, and switched off the "auto shutdown" setting. A solution to another similar bug.
I had not experienced the problem so far. You could try ?

May 23, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #7,112 of 7,140
My QP1R was four this last February 16th. Still looks brand new.

0523211302a_HDR.jpg

May 23, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #7,114 of 7,140
My QP1R was four this last February 16th. Still looks brand new.

Nice mine has taken a tumble or 2 but still looks good as well and it was a pre order buy so probably a bit older and still going strong and sounding great.
FB5AE0EB-1CEB-433D-B617-867314E4C600.jpeg

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #7,115 of 7,140
Hi can you compare it to any other players you might have?
Sorry to step in but can give some impressions of just a couple different Daps.
I only have 3 others right now the HiBy R3, Echobox Explorer and Hiby R6 Pro.
The R3 is pretty much just a player but it can do Airplay so you can stream from your phone to it and doesn’t sound horrible and has a 2.5mm balanced output as well. The Explorer I just love the feel of it but it has been abandoned and has a bit of trouble streaming but still can and maybe sounds a bit better than the R3 but haven’t a/b’d them so probably not to far from each other.
The HiBy R6 Pro is a full Android Dap with good support and sounds very good with lots of power.
The QP1R is a no frills audio player that just does what it’s made to do and does it very very well. While it’s not ultra powerful to drive hard to drive over ears it does well with many more sensitive ones.
Can’t speak to all but with my Empire Ears Phantoms (10 ohm 117 dB ) it’s just a different story on the QP1R over the others.
While I did do a little shootout it was from my old iPhone 6S,Hiby R6 Pro and QP1R with Sublime “Wrong Way” with the QP1R having the original cd rip and others having 10th anniversary Edition remastered streamed. No surprise to me the QP1R was the winner. Just more space and separation to the sound not as a big difference but the same between the 6S and R6 Pro.

May 23, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #7,116 of 7,140
May 23, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #7,117 of 7,140
Sorry to step in but can give some impressions of just a couple different Daps.
I only have 3 others right now the HiBy R3, Echobox Explorer and Hiby R6 Pro.
The R3 is pretty much just a player but it can do Airplay so you can stream from your phone to it and doesn’t sound horrible and has a 2.5mm balanced output as well. The Explorer I just love the feel of it but it has been abandoned and has a bit of trouble streaming but still can and maybe sounds a bit better than the R3 but haven’t a/b’d them so probably not to far from each other.
The HiBy R6 Pro is a full Android Dap with good support and sounds very good with lots of power.
The QP1R is a no frills audio player that just does what it’s made to do and does it very very well. While it’s not ultra powerful to drive hard to drive over ears it does well with many more sensitive ones.
Can’t speak to all but with my Empire Ears Phantoms (10 ohm 117 dB ) it’s just a different story on the QP1R over the others.
While I did do a little shootout it was from my old iPhone 6S,Hiby R6 Pro and QP1R with Sublime “Wrong Way” with the QP1R having the original cd rip and others having 10th anniversary Edition remastered streamed. No surprise to me the QP1R was the winner. Just more space and separation to the sound not as a big difference but the same between the 6S and R6 Pro.
I have one and it's great but that was an invalid compare. Has to be the same source and I'll take a properly ripped CD over anything streamed any day, especially MQA.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:That said, your results are what I'd expect anyway. QP1r was a giantkiller when available and still a great DAP but things like the new R6 give it competition and actually has a more refined high end. Nice to have stuff like Qobuz and upnp availability as well.

Questyle does have a small phone/computer dongle coming for under $200. I heard it on a modern Lenovo laptop via foobar and a HiDef file I'm familiar with and it was surprisingly good/refined/right.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #7,118 of 7,140
the new R6 give it competition and actually has a more refined high end.
Could you elaborate more?

I think in some ways I find the QP1R irreplaceable over the QP2R.
QP1R had more authority and clarity when paired with EE Zeus XR and the Earsonics EM32, both hard-hitters.
AR-M2 is a powerhouse but is fuzzier and lacked the 1R’s treble

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #7,119 of 7,140
Could you elaborate more?

I think in some ways I find the QP1R irreplaceable over the QP2R.
QP1R had more authority and clarity when paired with EE Zeus XR and the Earsonics EM32, both hard-hitters.
AR-M2 is a powerhouse but is fuzzier and lacked the 1R’s treble
If you us UAPP app with the right post filter and unpsample on the Hiby, it has the same sort of solidity as QP1r and that most others lack but with a more refined top end. QP1r is a PRAT machine but I prefer the new Hiby R6 overall when used that way. A bit Tweaky Geeky to get there but it's available to you and it's genuinely good that way. Being able to stream local files and use Qobuz doesn't hurt either. Doesn't make the QP1 any worse and may still be a touch more solid. It's sill great at what it does but it could use a hair more refinement/air on top.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #7,120 of 7,140
If you us UAPP app with the right post filter and unpsample on the Hiby, it has the same sort of solidity as QP1r and that most others lack but with a more refined top end. QP1r is a PRAT machine but I prefer the new Hiby R6 overall when used that way. A bit Tweaky Geeky to get there but it's available to you and it's genuinely good that way. Being able to stream local files and use Qobuz doesn't hurt either. Doesn't make the QP1 any worse and may still be a touch more solid. It's sill great at what it does but it could use a hair more refinement/air on top.

It’s still pretty crazy how qp1r does it right with a single cirrus chip, which was a maverick back then among the AKs. That said the new R6’s seems like a competent new entry

Jul 5, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #7,121 of 7,140
Still going strong with zero hiccups!

20210705_150422.jpg

Attachments

• 20210705_150312.jpg
    20210705_150312.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 6, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #7,122 of 7,140
Jul 6, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #7,123 of 7,140
Soooooo awesome, thanks for sharing! 🙏🏾
I have other players that get used, but this was my 1st and it still works great and sounds wonderful. I am blessed to be able to own these players. I am very lucky that I have not had any problems whatsoever.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #7,124 of 7,140
My QP1R shutsoff whenever I plug any headphones in. Giving a glance towards the inside of the socket, when everything was working, it showed a light coming through yet now there's nothing as if the amp died.

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #7,125 of 7,140
My QP1R shutsoff whenever I plug any headphones in. Giving a glance towards the inside of the socket, when everything was working, it showed a light coming through yet now there's nothing as if the amp died.
The socket with the light is the line/dig out socket. The light is optical dig and nothing to do with the amp portion. The other socket is the headphone socket. Try a reset which I think if holding the side button down for 1/2 a minute or so on turn on. Can't help beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back