Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #7,096 of 7,140
Does anyone know if I could find any solution to the bug which it "Shuts down when plugging in headphones" ? Usually occurs at 60% battery.
This isn't the "10min auto shutdown bug", but I'm going to disable the "auto power off" to see if it works. Using v1.0.9

I guess just on sound quality wise 1R easily competes with $900 players today. I wouldnt pay 1k new as the market has advanced and considering that I'm selling QPM for only £950 which overall is still a superior device in terms of technicalities. Call yourself lucky to find a mint QP1R under £350 :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #7,097 of 7,140
Does anyone know if I could find any solution to the bug which it "Shuts down when plugging in headphones" ? Usually occurs at 60% battery.
This isn't the "10min auto shutdown bug", but I'm going to disable the "auto power off" to see if it works. Using v1.0.9

I guess just on sound quality wise 1R easily competes with $900 players today. I wouldnt pay 1k new as the market has advanced and considering that I'm selling QPM for only £950 which overall is still a superior device in terms of technicalities. Call yourself lucky to find a mint QP1R under £350 :wink:

I must be the only one on here who has never had one hiccup on my QP1R.

Feb 2, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #7,098 of 7,140
I am giving the QP1R some time and love today.

0202211131_HDR.jpg

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #7,100 of 7,140
No hiccup on my QP1R or QP2R.

The QP1R was my first entry into the Hi resolution market, and I still love it. I am glad that yours is trouble-free as well.

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #7,102 of 7,140
Feb 2, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #7,104 of 7,140
Yes. I have a Hiby R8.

I also have a Lotoo Paw Gold 2017 and a Sony NW-WM1A. It is great to have other options when our mood for sound signature changes .

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #7,105 of 7,140
I must be the only one on here who has never had one hiccup on my QP1R.

Me too. Wheel browsing slides a bit occasionally, but no big deal, still sounds very good!

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #7,107 of 7,140
How do you compare qp1r with wm1a? I was also eyeing for a used qp1r but eventually go with the wm1a after reading feedbacks about the issues of qp1r.

The Sony is more polished. It is more of a fun listen player, whereas QP1R is a cleaner, organic sound that amazes me. Sony wins on airy soundstage and its non-fatiguing nature. Displays albums and music better. Sony jpegs has to be:
  • Baseline JPEG
  • Non-interlaced PNG
  • Maximum size: 4,096 × 4,096
The QP1R is an amazing reference sound that would be very complimentary to the Sony. I use the Sony more because I listen Bluetooth at times, but the QP1R reference, organic sound gets a lot of time as well. Love them both. The Questyle has better resolution of the two. The Sony player works way better in properly displaying purchases from bandcamp.com. The QP1R cuts off the album art at the bottom.

0205211439b_HDR.jpg0205211102b.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #7,108 of 7,140

I have begun experiencing the same issue here. What a pity for such a great device which has given me enormous pleasure for its super crisp audio.

The battery meter shows 100% here. The 1.0.9 firmware is installed.

After some time, let's say an hour of playing, the device suddently shuts down. Rebooting doesn't help, it shuts down immediately after rebooting. When un-plugging my headphones, it can reboot normally without shutting down. However, when I then plug in my headphones, it shuts down immediately.

I have tried using different headphones.

I have noticed it has nothing to do with the memory cards, I tried un-plugging them.

Worth pointing out as well: when having the device plugged in to my computer in DAC mode, it boots normally and plays normally, with the headphones plugged in.

The device is not particularly hot, it feels slightly warm, so it cannot be cause by overheating either.

Any other suggestions what might cause it..?

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #7,109 of 7,140
I have begun experiencing the same issue here. What a pity for such a great device which has given me enormous pleasure for its super crisp audio.

The battery meter shows 100% here. The 1.0.9 firmware is installed.

After some time, let's say an hour of playing, the device suddently shuts down. Rebooting doesn't help, it shuts down immediately after rebooting. When un-plugging my headphones, it can reboot normally without shutting down. However, when I then plug in my headphones, it shuts down immediately.

I have tried using different headphones.

I have noticed it has nothing to do with the memory cards, I tried un-plugging them.

Worth pointing out as well: when having the device plugged in to my computer in DAC mode, it boots normally and plays normally, with the headphones plugged in.

The device is not particularly hot, it feels slightly warm, so it cannot be cause by overheating either.

Any other suggestions what might cause it..?

This happens when the battery is too low and needs to be recharged. With easy to drive iems I have a good 7/8 hours playback time with a full charge, battery indicator cannot be trusted on mine.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #7,110 of 7,140
This happens when the battery is too low and needs to be recharged. With easy to drive iems I have a good 7/8 hours playback time with a full charge, battery indicator cannot be trusted on mine.

Yes. Your explanation seems very logical since the device apparently works well when being charged up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back