Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 6, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #7,081 of 7,140
I have a brand new and immaculate QP1R in Gold for sale, it's the newer version, it's has never been used or taken out of the box apart from updating to the latest software and testing that it worked okay playing the demo tracks and checking the battery status now and again.

I also have a QP2R in Silver in the same condition.

I originally got them to give to my best friend who was going thru a bad time, however he did not want them. The reason these have not been used is I am using a QP2R in Gold plus my other Daps.

Please noteI am not interested in any offers as I am looking to get back what I paid for them and not desperate to sell them and if there is no interest I will just keep them. Furthermore I doubt you will find anywhere a brand new unused QP1R and QP2R still available.

Photo's on request.
[/QUOTE

How much?

Nov 6, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #7,083 of 7,140
Brand new and never ever been used, I will sell it for slightly less than I Paid £750 plus shipping, or you can buy used on E Bay for £290 or New on Ali Express from $1.140 to $899.

IMG_3591.JPG
IMG_3592.JPG
IMG_3593.JPG
IMG_3595.JPG
IMG_3596.JPG
IMG_3597.JPG

Nov 6, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #7,084 of 7,140
I had a used but mint new style and only got £335. They are old now and there is no UK distributor since SCV Distribution stopped, so no easy way to get it repaired. I think your price is totally unrealistic, as they are no longer held in the high regard they once were, Questyle are finished in the UK and they were being sold new by UK dealer for about £550 last time they were available.

Nov 6, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #7,085 of 7,140
Firstly mate if you think they are no longer highly regarded and there is no UK distributor anymore, then don't bother asking me or any person if we have a new or immaculate one for sale, secondly mine is not old it's totally new and unused, yes the model is a older version but the sound is the same, if you want the newer version then that will cost you £2,000 roughly from USA or Europe. What did you expect to pay for a brand new unused QP1R £1?

As I previously said in my correspondence I am not desperate to sell it or my brand new QP2R, I only offered it to you because you asked the here in the thread, as you are obviously not interested in mine then go and buy a used one of EBay for £290 but you probably won't as they no longer have a U.K. distributor it's old so why bother asking and wasting my time , I have better things to do mate then to reply to a complete time waster, I would understand if you didn't want to pay my price, fair enough but your other comments are bizarre for someone who asked this thread if anyone had a QP1R for sale and portraying yourself as a potential buyer.

I have better things to do mate then waste my time replying to people like you, I would rather be listening to my music via my QP2R, Sony WM1Z, AK 380 and Hugo 2.

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #7,086 of 7,140
Furthermore, yes I know they were being sold for £500 quite a while back that is because the UK distributor and dealers wanted to clear their entire stock with the UK distributor pulling the plug with Questyle. Still if you want a new one go to Aliexpress they start from over $1,000.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #7,087 of 7,140
Moon Audio ships internationally I believe and they have an open box one for $699 in gold. That is around 531 pounds I believe.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #7,088 of 7,140
I had a used but mint new style and only got £335. They are old now and there is no UK distributor since SCV Distribution stopped, so no easy way to get it repaired. I think your price is totally unrealistic, as they are no longer held in the high regard they once were, Questyle are finished in the UK and they were being sold new by UK dealer for about £550 last time they were available.
Mine is mint, I can do it from £250. QP1R Gold.

Message me

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 20, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #7,090 of 7,140
You can do Computer > USB > QP1R or QP1R > Optical > DAC/Amp or even Computer > USB > QP1R > Optical > DAC/Amp but not QP1R > USB > DAC/Amp.

Dec 20, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #7,091 of 7,140
You can do Computer > USB > QP1R or QP1R > Optical > DAC/Amp or even Computer > USB > QP1R > Optical > DAC/Amp but not QP1R > USB > DAC/Amp.

I believe you need to install drivers (Windows?) l for it to work as a DAC/Amp.

I used my QP1R as a transport for my desktop DAC/Amp via optical. Given that Questyle prides itself on its Native DSD capabilities it's odd that it didn't offer USB out, as DSD gets converted if output via optical (not that I'd be likely to be able to hear the difference!).

The QP1R also has a good Line Out.

Dec 20, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #7,092 of 7,140
I believe you need to install drivers (Windows?) l for it to work as a DAC/Amp.

I used my QP1R as a transport for my desktop DAC/Amp via optical. Given that Questyle prides itself on its Native DSD capabilities it's odd that it didn't offer USB out, as DSD gets converted if output via optical (not that I'd be likely to be able to hear the difference!).

The QP1R also has a good Line Out.

Might work without drivers on Win 10 as it should have built-in support for USB Audio Class 2, not sure though as I don't use that OS, but for XP and presumably also for Vista/7/8, a Questyle driver is needed.

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #7,093 of 7,140
Might work without drivers on Win 10 as it should have built-in support for USB Audio Class 2, not sure though as I don't use that OS, but for XP and presumably also for Vista/7/8, a Questyle driver is needed.

The driver is required on Windows 10 too.

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #7,094 of 7,140
Ouch..

I was about to use qp1r for transport to a Honey H1 DAC where as the input is usb only..

Any device to convert optical to usb out perhaps? 😁

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #7,095 of 7,140
It has been a while, but I am back listening to my silver baby. I have two other very capable players and this one still holds its own.

1227200708a_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back