Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 26, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #6,872 of 7,140
Talked to Bruce Ball on the phone and he said I have two options for my QP1R.

1. Send it to Questyle in exchange for a refurbished QP1R.
2. Send it to China for repair at my expense.
I wonder if he'd let me do that? I've still got that crackling in the right channel. Makes it impossible to listen with my 846. Thank Bog for Angie.

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #6,876 of 7,140
My concern is it could have blemishes on it and mine is spotless.
If you have patience, then maybe sending in is the better solution for you.
I think the refurbished ones are good to go, they will work fine for sure, but you never know if there is a scratch here and there, ok. I never look at the player while listening though. That's personal I think

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #6,877 of 7,140
My concern is it could have blemishes on it and mine is spotless.

What would guarantee that sending it to china, it would return in the same condition.

My Qp1r is back from the repair.
The good thing :
-After few charging cycles it looks that battery indicator works well. For some may be important that currently I am on 1.08 (I prefer less volume steps), so that was issue not related to firmware.
-My volume knob was also fixed, it was a bit bent after I drop it.
The bad thing :
- It takes two months
- On the front of the player there is deep scratch from bottom to top, luckily I had screen protector so only wheel is affected.
Anyway, player is working as intended, and I am very happy with that.

Here is an example, there is always a probability something could go wrong.

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #6,878 of 7,140
If you have patience, then maybe sending in is the better solution for you.
I think the refurbished ones are good to go, they will work fine for sure, but you never know if there is a scratch here and there, ok. I never look at the player while listening though. That's personal I think
I've never heard of a product meant for listening, which caused more visual issues; battery meter, viewscreen etc. No wonder Bruce isn't seen here anymore.

Apr 27, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #6,879 of 7,140
What would guarantee that sending it to china, it would return in the same condition.

Here is an example, there is always a probability something could go wrong.

I was part of the group that had their 1R sent to China for repair last year, because of the battery issue. Mine was also in pristine condition before the repair. Not only was it returned, in the same condition as sent but it still had all my music in internal storage. The loaner (Referb?) I was given, was also in Like New Condition. It's always 'the luck of the draw' but I was very pleased with the outcome.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #6,880 of 7,140
I was part of the group, that had their 1R sent to China for repair last year, because of the battery issue. Mine was also in pristine condition before the repair. Not only was it returned, in the same condition as sent but it still had all my music in internal storage. The loaner (Referb?) I was given, was also in Like New Condition. It's always 'the luck of the draw' but I was very pleased with the outcome.

The same goes for me. The player still works perfectly. I don't use it as much as some of the others, because I also have a Sony NW - WM1A, and a Lotoo Paw Gold 2017

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #6,881 of 7,140
Hi all

Quick random question regarding the QP1R which I'm expecting the answer to be "No":

Can it do USB audio out to an external DAC/Amp? Particularly with DSD files, like some of the Fiio M series DAPs can?

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #6,882 of 7,140
Hi all

Quick random question regarding the QP1R which I'm expecting the answer to be "No":

Can it do USB audio out to an external DAC/Amp? Particularly with DSD files, like some of the Fiio M series DAPs can?
No. Maybe if we're lucky, the 'M' might be able to. Which FiiO DAPs can output DSD via USB? Although, to me, Questyle's sound is next to none, FiiO's DAPs can do some of the small things QPs can't. Folder play-through comes to mind.

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #6,884 of 7,140
No. Maybe if we're lucky, the 'M' might be able to. Which FiiO DAPs can output DSD via USB? Although, to me, Questyle's sound is next to none, FiiO's DAPs can do some of the small things QPs can't. Folder play-through comes to mind.

Thanks.

The new M11 and the M6 and M7 apparently, but the latter having a caveat that it's only guaranteed to work with their Q5 and Q1ii (but it seems that it does work with others).

This feature would be useful for me to link up with my CMA600i without having to faff about with third party players on my MAC.

Follow up question: If I use the optical put on the QP1R with DSD files does it get converted to PCM or "transported " using DoP (if that is the right phrase) and would I be able to tell the difference?

Apr 30, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #6,885 of 7,140
Thanks.

The new M11 and the M6 and M7 apparently, but the latter having a caveat that it's only guaranteed to work with their Q5 and Q1ii (but it seems that it does work with others).

This feature would be useful for me to link up with my CMA600i without having to faff about with third party players on my MAC.

Follow up question: If I use the optical put on the QP1R with DSD files does it get converted to PCM or "transported " using DoP (if that is the right phrase) and would I be able to tell the difference?
From my readings about Questyle DSD, I'd guess, but not say for sure, that native DSD would be outputted from the optical. My understanding is that they don't like to use DoP packaging or conversion to PCM. Bare in mind that you might only be able to get DSD64 through optical. That's why USB out would be so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back