Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 14, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #6,841 of 7,140
Apr 14, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #6,842 of 7,140
I had been thinking of getting the Sony WM1A, but was thinking Sony might have a new model this year. I was correct, but it is $8,000! I have the QP1R and it is my first high resolution player too. The JH Audio Angie II is my first higher end IEM.

I am thinking of getting another DAP and/or IEMs.
That is my goto combo, when not near my desk.

Apr 14, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #6,843 of 7,140
That is my goto combo, when not near my desk.

The QP1R and Angie II are definitely great together! I would like to add another warmer IEM for a good compliment to the Angie.

Apr 15, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #6,844 of 7,140
Apr 15, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #6,846 of 7,140
Shouldn't be promoting a companies products, when they don't give a sh!t about you, as evidenced by them not answering your emails.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I’ve always been more about the product, and everything else, like stellar customer service is the cherry on top. It’s up to you as the reader, to come to the personal conclusion to part with your money (or not). If you don’t like a particular company, no worries, they shouldn’t get your money. If you like the product(s) and company, then it’s all good, in my opinion.

Apr 15, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #6,847 of 7,140
I completely understand where you are coming from. I’ve always been more about the product, and everything else, like stellar customer service is the cherry on top. It’s up to you as the reader, to come to the personal conclusion to part with your money (or not). If you don’t like a particular company, no worries, they shouldn’t get your money. If you like the product(s) and company, then it’s all good, in my opinion.
Honestly, I've found Questyle in the form of Bruce to be both accessable and forthcoming. I love my QP1R, and if I could afford it, I'd buy the QPm when available. I also recall the above poster buying and/or selling three units, and running a blue streak of I-hate-Questyle posts. It's no wonder he may or may not get responses anymore. I try to treat my customers the best I can. But, life's too short to take abuse and unreasonableness.
Can't wait to read your new review by the way. And I'm only one of many who's greatful for help in the past, and that you're well again.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #6,848 of 7,140
Honestly, I've found Questyle in the form of Bruce to be both accessable and forthcoming. I love my QP1R, and if I could afford it, I'd buy the QPm when available. I also recall the above poster buying and/or selling three units, and running a blue streak of I-hate-Questyle posts. It's no wonder he may or may not get responses anymore. I try to treat my customers the best I can. But, life's too short to take abuse and unreasonableness.
Can't wait to read your new review by the way. And I'm only one of many who's greatful for help in the past, and that you're well again.

Bruce took care of me with the battery indicator fix, and I still use the QP1R.

Apr 15, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #6,849 of 7,140
Good points @UELong and @Quadfather. +1 here on my happiness with Questyle and the QP1R. I also had that issue with the battery indicator, but Bruce was kind enough to repair it and supply me with a replacement unit while mine was being repaired. If fw 1.09's lower max volume is an issue, one can downgrade to 1.08, no?

I'm not dismissing the importance of good customer support (which I think I received anyway), but I don't think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Who wants to spend their life listening to inferior SQ, just because the service reps write nicer/more regular emails?

I've owned the iBasso DX200. @moedawg140 also heard my DX200. To both of us it sounded a little dry and boring in comparison to the QP1R, with a notable low-end roll off. Fine for classical music. But I also listen to other genres, some of which need that nice rumbly sub-bass :)

I do like FiiO, and their firmwares are usually a couple of years ahead of their time. But therein lies the problem - releasing a firmware two years before all the bugs get ironed out. Also, most people don't seem to realize (or care) that in the switch-over of all their DAPs to touchscreen Android, all relevant measures of SQ took a significant hit. I still own the X7ii, and it does do a lot of cool tricks, but it still doesn't sound (or measure) quite as good as the QP1R. So, for me, the QP1R is still a great device for playback from local storage. Plus, look at all the other DAPs the OP has compared against in this thread!

BTW, nice write-up on the QP2R @moedawg140!! That might actually be the next device I get. The QP Master just doesn't seem like good value for money. I maybe missing something, but it looks like I could simply upgrade from the QP2R to the QPM with my Dremel, a 4.4 mm socket and a couple of tft resistors. Not sure yet how the QPM is going to justify a 100% price increase over the 2R, but I guess we'll see...

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #6,850 of 7,140
6E1B8EA1-3908-4507-BD6B-08565D83D730.jpeg
Listening through my JH Audio Angie II IEMs and it is lovely sounding! I might get the QP2R or the QPM if it’s price justifies it. A new IEM may come first though when I figure out what might be better than my loved Angie II, which I will not sell to finance the next IEM.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #6,851 of 7,140
Ugh! Started the album at 79% battery and before it was over, the QP1R shutdown! I plugged it into power and it showed 100%. I think the battery issue finally hit me. I had not used it in a while so I might not had as many hours on mine as others that had this issue. I wonder if Questyle will fix mine this late in the game as they did the others in the past.

Just sent @bSquared64 a private message about this issue.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #6,852 of 7,140
Ugh! Started the album at 79% battery and before it was over, the QP1R shutdown! I plugged it into power and it showed 100%. I think the battery issue finally hit me. I had not used it in a while so I might not had as many hours on mine as others that had this issue. I wonder if Questyle will fix mine this late in the game as they did the others in the past.

Just sent @bSquared64 a private message about this issue.

That is a bummer. I've had mine close to 3 years.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #6,853 of 7,140
After these years, I still use this frequently.

0416190838.jpg

Apr 16, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #6,855 of 7,140
Good luck with the repair request.

I'm in the UK and I got first class service from Matt at SCV, mine got shipped off to China and I got a temporary replacement unit in the meantime, even though my QP1R was second hand, no quibbles. Hope the US service is as good for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back