Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 12, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #6,812 of 7,140
@bSquared64 , I heard that the QP2R fixed the cutting off of album art with a firmware update. Will they ever do that with the QP1R?

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #6,814 of 7,140
Frankly, with the QPM coming out, I'm quite sure that Questyle doesn't even remember what a QP1R is. By the way, did anyone get a look at a pic of the QPM? Is the front old style, or have they gone touchy-feely screen?
Either way, I think us$2k (god knows what can$k) may be beyond me. Assuming the Chord 2go comes out, that will have to be the way I go.

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #6,816 of 7,140
Frankly, with the QPM coming out, I'm quite sure that Questyle doesn't even remember what a QP1R is. By the way, did anyone get a look at a pic of the QPM? Is the front old style, or have they gone touchy-feely screen?
Either way, I think us$2k (god knows what can$k) may be beyond me. Assuming the Chord 2go comes out, that will have to be the way I go.

You're probably right, but I had to ask.

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #6,817 of 7,140

The QPM looks to have the same capacitance “buttons” and definitely the wheel. I doubt it has a touch screen and it probably has the same UI.

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #6,818 of 7,140
I think mojo poly is the way to go
I own the Hugo2. I think the supposed 2go wil serve me well. I honestly didn't like the poly; its timbral accuracy was quite limited when even compared to Hugo1. I think the Poly is great for mid-fi DAPs or lower, but against a QP, it might be found wanting. Just my thoughts.

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #6,821 of 7,140
Considering the last firmware update was late 2017, I wouldn't have thought so. I fear the same thing will now happen to owners of the QP2R.
Why would they care? They're Chinese. They give orders not take requests. And they throw blind people out of their homes because they think we're cursed or something. If you think that's racist, then I'm antichinese to the core.

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #6,822 of 7,140
If they do indeed remove blind people from their homes because of some unfounded superstition, then that's beyond belief in the 21st century.

Anyway, I hardly need to say I agree with you that Questyle doesn't care about its customers. I just hope they learn their lesson where it hurts. Financially.

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #6,823 of 7,140
Has anyone heard QPM yet?

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #6,825 of 7,140
I doubt it unless they are at expona. They are slated for a June release.

I am hoping an Expona attendee chimes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back