Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 27, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #6,573 of 7,140
@bSquared64,
I can get a 400GB card for a reasonable price. My concern is, would it be able to function in the QP1R? I don't care about library or playlist functions; I just use file browsing for my listening. I have lots of tracks, and wouldn't mind the bigger card, especially since a large portion of my music is higher bitrate. Thanks in advance.
And while I'm here, is there any chance of upgrading for the 1R? Or is that it for the player? I still have that faint hope for the play-through function being added.

I've used 400gb Sandisk cards with no issue. The only fix I want is to give us back the approximate 20% volume decrease in 1.0.9 compared to previous firmware versions.

With a new model with the battery modified circuit, rolling back to 1.0.8 gave the volume back, but the battery indicator was all over the place. Pity there's no firmware modders on the QP1R scene, like with the iBasso DX200!

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #6,582 of 7,140
I think its the space taken up by the formatting process.

No, it's down to the fact that in computers gigabyte = 1024 megabytes but for storage device manufacturers gigabyte =1000 megabytes. Same goes between megabytes and kylobites as well as between kilobytes and bytes.

Dec 2, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #6,584 of 7,140
I think its the space taken up by the formatting process.

No, it's down to the fact that in computers gigabyte = 1024 megabytes but for storage device manufacturers gigabyte =1000 megabytes. Same goes between megabytes and kylobites as well as between kilobytes and bytes.

You both are correct. The type of format used (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, etc) will use varying amounts of space. The fact a kB is 1024 bytes is a larger discrepancy though.

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #6,585 of 7,140
Please see the post below ... I posted this a while ago ... First time I tried formatting a 400 GB card with the QP1R

I was just referencing this situation I had ... I also don't know which FW version I was using at the time ...

Yes I know you don't get a full 400 Gb on a card ..I'm a computer programmer and know what I'm doing

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rev...nd-iem-pairings.778877/page-376#post-13845692

Users who are viewing this thread

Back