Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by moedawg140, Aug 25, 2015.

1. moedawg140 Contributor
    rr12267 likes this.
  2. csglinux
    moedawg140 likes this.
  3. moedawg140 Contributor
    Hey Paul,
    Thanks for the tips, always appreciated! Happy to be back in So Cal and glad to be done with the extended stay in Germany. I would like to visit Germany again sometime soon, hopefully!

Much love and hope to see you again in the near future!

4. UELong
    Has anyone tried one of those new 400GB mSD cards in the QP, yet?

5. kino lau
    Good to see you back Moe! I like the Knowles better than the stock nozzle options, but the prep and install was almost mind numbing. I'm glad that I ordered 6 dampers instead of only 2, since 1 shot off of the table and into the carpet never to be seen again.

moedawg140 likes this.
  6. moedawg140 Contributor
    It’s great to be back! I got transferred to rehab in San Pedro this afternoon and PT went very well. I’ll be having some intense sessions this week, so hopefully all will go admirably!

Yeah, I’d definitely focus on possibly ordering additional color(s) that you wind up enjoying the most!

UELong likes this.
  7. JerryLeeds
    I’ll be picking up a 400GB card tomorrow from the UPS Store.. I’ll let you know if any issues

I sure hope a new FW version is released to up the 20K song limit

UELong likes this.
  8. kingdixon
    I hope 400 gb works and questyle address other issues like battery ones and file limit,

Iam in market to upgrade or sidegrade from my zx2, and iam really sold on qp1r sq from reviews, but these problems are setting me back for now.

Also the case of dying qp1r, is it something to worry about ?

I was looking for other alternatives like opus, A&K, onkyo but iam really tending towards qp1r .. my budget is up to 1000$

9. UELong
    I'm preparing to send my unit to Toronto to be fixed. I was talking to the guys there, and they said mine will be the first QP to be repaired at their place. Don't know how many Canuks bought one, but that gives me comfort, a bit.

10. kingdixon
    Well, i went back in thread to know exactly your problem, thats pretty anoying ..

Any device could have problems, but at least something at this price should have a pretty decent after sale service.

But iam wondering, beside your case and the other case of dying qp1r, i dont think there are other problems, i havent gone through the whole thread but too many reviews and not many problems (other than hate for the wheel)

Anyway i hope they fix it for you, and i will keep following the updates on the thread for sometime before i pull the trigger ..

Any positive or negative hints from other users are welcome also ..

Thanks guys

11. Bambule
    Pull the trigger
    Listening right now, QP1R, Ether Flow
    Marvelous
    No UI, no battery, no wheel
    I'm listening to music
    That's key

ezekiel77, UELong and kingdixon like this.
  12. rr12267
    Sorry for the poor quality photos but this is what I did to fix the wheel issue on the QP1R. I went to Ace hardware and picked up 1.5 inch OD cushion washer. Basically just a thin rubber washer. I then used a penny as a guide and cut out the center diameter. A penny worked perfectly for this. I then used rubber cement on the back of the washer and placed on the wheel. I put mine on top of the silicone skin that questyle supplied as a fix. For me this now makes the wheel work as it was intended. Night and day difference.

6E4BDF6A-FE71-415A-9EEA-F86885A603CC.jpeg 9F6E7A40-E69D-4452-AC19-D31BB4149246.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  13. JerryLeeds

400GB cards seem to work

I usually format the microsd card in the QP1R to make it FAT32, but the formatting didn’t work correctly ... result only looked like a 200GB card. I had to reformat the card from my PC using a free partition utility... reinserted card back into the QP1R and copied a few albums ... seems to be working ok

UELong likes this.
  14. UELong
    And it now shows up as a 400GB in the QP?

15. JerryLeeds
    Not quite 400 ... 366gb