Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #6,286 of 7,140
I'm having a hard time installing the QP1R driver on my new Windows 10 laptop, and I could use some help. (I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad x1 Carbon with all updates installed; my QP1R has firmware 1.0.9 installed.)

I've downloaded the driver from the Questyle website, but installing it as normal doesn't work: I connect the QP1R after installation has completed, and the Questyle Tusb program shows no connections. The QP1R briefly shows that the DAC function is active, but then the message disappears (as if there is no USB connection at all).

I thought it might be a problem with driver signature enforcement, so I uninstalled the first installation, entered my laptop's advanced startup routine, and disabled driver signature enforcement. I installed the driver again, and it worked: the Questyle Tusb program showed a good connection, and I was able to play music through the QP1R. However, after I restarted the computer the same problem occurred: the Questyle Tusb program showed no connection, and the QP1R showed a USB connection for just a few seconds before returning to the normal on state.

I thought that my antivirus program might be messing things up, so I disabled protection and did another install with driver signature enforcement disabled, but the same thing happened again. The fact that the driver works with driver signature enforcement disabled suggests that the problem isn't the USB cable, but I tried three different cables just to be safe - I got the same result each time.

What should I try next?
First, I’d try to install any available updates and see if it helps. If you are going through driver signature enforcement, you may need an operating system reinstallation to rectify the issues you are experiencing. If all else fails, if you don’t mind, I can remote to your computer and hopefully help you out that way.

Good luck.

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #6,287 of 7,140
First, I’d try to install any available updates and see if it helps. If you are going through driver signature enforcement, you may need an operating system reinstallation to rectify the issues you are experiencing. If all else fails, if you don’t mind, I can remote to your computer and hopefully help you out that way.

Thanks, mate. After fiddling a bit longer, I got the damn thing to work: it turns out that Questyle's driver broke the DAC functionality, but Windows was able to automatically set up the device with no intervention from me.

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #6,288 of 7,140
Thanks, mate. After fiddling a bit longer, I got the damn thing to work: it turns out that Questyle's driver broke the DAC functionality, but Windows was able to automatically set up the device with no intervention from me.
No worries at all - glad you got it to work!

Cheers!

Apr 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #6,289 of 7,140
Hi All

What else should I consider other than the Shure SE846 at a similar price? Cheaper if possible.

I'm in the UK, so many manufacturers from America don't have a European presence and therefore too expensive with import duties etc.

Regards

Darren

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #6,293 of 7,140
From comments that I've seen on the IMR R1 head-fi thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/imr-r1-thread.866361/

Like I mentioned I don't have first hand experience with se846. Maybe someone there can answer this question. I just know that I really enjoy this IEM and has surpassed my CA Jupiter as a daily driver.
Is there a question about the SE846, as I own one, and usually use them at night in bed.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #6,294 of 7,140
I think he meant the SE846 are high frequencies are rolled off compared to the IMR R1. He was answering my question if I should consider something other than the Shure's at a similar price.

Apr 19, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #6,295 of 7,140
Is there a question about the SE846, as I own one, and usually use them at night in bed.

You might want to consider IMR R1

https://imracoustics.com/products/59884cfc71b0c811009787d0

Have not listened to se846 but have heard comments where it has better bass and high frequencies are not rolled off. Plus they are based in UK.

Thanks for the answer. AdvancedMP3Player.co.uk are selling the IMR R1, but are out of stock at the moment.

You mean the IMR R1 has the better bass and high frequencies?

I was just mentioning to @Darren Cotter that it was mentioned, I believe in the IMR R1 thread that the R1 had better base and the HF were not as recessed. As I stated I have no experience with the se846. Just going off what I read. Which really means nothing but just wanted to forward that along as he was asking for a se846 alternative.

Apr 20, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #6,296 of 7,140
After looking at some Youtube videos, I noticed there are two distinctly different pronunciations of Questyle. Firstly one is "Q-Style" and the second "Kwestyle". Which one is right?

Also, a long shot I know, but is there anyone applying EQ to the Meze 99 Classics for a bit more sparkle in the top end? If so, what are you doing?

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #6,297 of 7,140
Apr 21, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #6,300 of 7,140
Well, for me, the good news is I can finally get my 1R in for long overdue repair. Been using it for reading low-quality audio books as well as a music player. Got a new bookreader, now, so hopefully, it won't take too long to fix.
Just thought I'd drop in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back