Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 29, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #6,272 of 7,140
If someone knows better, please let me know.

I do indeed know better than your speculations, Darren. :jecklinsmile:

I've been a bit quiet due to moving home and a new family member. However, whilst preoccupied, a box did arrive with new modified QP1R.

These will now go back on sale in the UK with immediate effect.

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #6,273 of 7,140
Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

Can you tell me which UK dealers will be receiving the new stock? The two dealers I use almost exclusively and who also stock Questyle, don't show them in their product range.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #6,274 of 7,140
Thank you!

They can all still order them but some chose to remove the QP1R from their website/stock profile whilst we waited for new product - there has also been a fair amount of confusion in the past about wheel versions and more recently which revision did/didn't work with the battery SW update. This led to misinformation here and via dealers.

To clarify, the wheel was sorted out from late 2016, all our stock has been problem free since then. Also, now the battery issue is fixed, I have every confidence that QP1R remains a great choice, as one of the best sounding DAPs at this price.

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #6,275 of 7,140
I agree. The QP1R in gold with a brown Questyle case looks and sounds stunning.

Just to clarify, this new batch has been manufactured with some form of hardware revision that sorts out the battery issue, that hasn't been available before, other than to return the unit to China?

If that's the case, I'll be ordering one.

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #6,276 of 7,140
That is correct re the stock. They all contain a hardware revision for the battery issue, which combined with v1.0.9, sorts out the indicator issues. The only other units with this implemented are those customer units which have gone back to China for modification.

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #6,277 of 7,140
I should of course also clarify that not all units needed (need) the modification. I can only presume they are from batches which already had hardware revisions that allowed the fix with just a software update.

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #6,280 of 7,140
Hi Matt

I've received no response to my email mentioned above. Can you sell direct? Seriously!!

Regards

Darren
Sorry Darren, I've heard nothing either. I'll email you today.

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #6,283 of 7,140
I know its been discussed before but is anyone using 400gb cards and do you have to format them in the QP1R?

It was discussed in the thread as you said. One person said it had to be formatted with software from the PC to get the 400 GB capacity. Also, the QP1R saw it as 366 GB. Just do a search in this forum for the word "400GB" and you will find everything I found. There was only two pages of results.

Apr 14, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #6,284 of 7,140
Thanks for the answer. I've currently got a FiiO X7ii and that see's them as 366GB as well. It's just the card manufacturers advertise the total capacity and the DAP sees the capacity of the card once formatted. It's totally normal and the same with any storage medium.

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #6,285 of 7,140
I'm having a hard time installing the QP1R driver on my new Windows 10 laptop, and I could use some help. (I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad x1 Carbon with all updates installed; my QP1R has firmware 1.0.9 installed.)

I've downloaded the driver from the Questyle website, but installing it as normal doesn't work: I connect the QP1R after installation has completed, and the Questyle Tusb program shows no connections. The QP1R briefly shows that the DAC function is active, but then the message disappears (as if there is no USB connection at all).

I thought it might be a problem with driver signature enforcement, so I uninstalled the first installation, entered my laptop's advanced startup routine, and disabled driver signature enforcement. I installed the driver again, and it worked: the Questyle Tusb program showed a good connection, and I was able to play music through the QP1R. However, after I restarted the computer the same problem occurred: the Questyle Tusb program showed no connection, and the QP1R showed a USB connection for just a few seconds before returning to the normal on state.

I thought that my antivirus program might be messing things up, so I disabled protection and did another install with driver signature enforcement disabled, but the same thing happened again. The fact that the driver works with driver signature enforcement disabled suggests that the problem isn't the USB cable, but I tried three different cables just to be safe - I got the same result each time.

What should I try next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back