Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Apr 5, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #4,666 of 7,140
  Thank you. I connected with Questyle US this Monday to sort things out.

Please let us know if this gets resolved. I have the same problem with my QP1R as well and I believe it started around after the firmware upgrade on 1.08. Got my unit from Moon Audio in the US around August last year. I hope this issue can be fixed by firmware and not a hardware issue. If it is, not sure how i can get mine fixed as  I purchased it in the US and currently I'm in the Philippines. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #4,667 of 7,140
Would like to be it a software, not hardware issue too. My unit was replaced because of the battery indicator. The second unit started to work fine at the beginning, then changed to same as first unit.
All on the newest firmware, by the way.
If it's hardware, I would check replacement again.
On the other side, I got used to the status quo. I got a approximate feeling for the battery level. 80 percent is kind of battery low.. Still, not really convenient though

Apr 5, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #4,668 of 7,140
Please let us know if this gets resolved. I have the same problem with my QP1R as well and I believe it started around after the firmware upgrade on 1.08. Got my unit from Moon Audio in the US around August last year. I hope this issue can be fixed by firmware and not a hardware issue. If it is, not sure how i can get mine fixed as  I purchased it in the US and currently I'm in the Philippines. 

Yes, I'd like to know if this gets fixed as well as I am from the Philippines too. I've emailed Questyle before and they answered back a few times but no concrete resolution. I'm running v1.08 as well and still getting the abrupt battery drain and shutdowns.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #4,672 of 7,140
Wow ... that new Astell & Kern Kann player looks interesting... I wonder if it will sound as good as the QP1R

I'll be comparing both in a few hours! :beerchug:

Apr 8, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #4,677 of 7,140
In the system settings what is the USB disk or DAC choice for?
Use like a dac and play say Tidal from a computer to a amp out of the line out. To play the music from the QP1R you use the line out when not in dac mode.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #4,680 of 7,140
So it has USB in from another source to be used as a DAC but no USB out to be used as a transport for an external DAC.

Correct. USB disk makes the QP1R show up as external disk drives on the computer. Selecting DAC allows it act as a USB DAC for the PC. You need to install a driver from Questyle onto a PC to be able to use the QP1R as a DAC for that PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back